Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2016, 09:52 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So Sad but True

So Sad but True
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GIs.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	147720  
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Yup!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:07 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
That is so sad!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #4

That's the way it has been and always will be. Wish it would change, but.....it won't.
becken6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:41 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Every time I see all the hullabaloo over some drug addicted, alcoholic actor, ball player. or whoever, I ask when was the last time you listened to 10 minutes on the news about the death of a Medal of Honor recipient, one of the TRUE HERO's. The media does not care about them or any other Military member who has died. I'm glad to see that there are still folks that feel the same.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:35 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
This thread won't last long for sure. Problem is that today's "hero's" are the basket ball player that makes 10 mil a year, or the football player that makes 20 mil a year.

The guys that served during WW2 were the real hero's. They have been forgotten just like those of us that did the Viet Nam thing. In short order, we will be forgotten as well as those fighting in the desert now.
Old 01-01-2017, 12:26 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Not by me, and I've always been a civilian.

A growing number of citizens think that our liberty is a given, almost an "entitlement", it will just always be there, (very dangerous). If we don't hold those who served to protect it in high regard, in the front of our minds.....and we loose our way of life, (can happen)......then ALL who have served from the beginning have done so in vain. That would truly be
the tragedy of all tragedies.

W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:50 AM   #8

Read on a Facebook post;

I was surprised by all the celebrities that we've lost in 2016. But in case you didn't know, 138 police officers died this year, along with 87 firefighters and 14 United States soldiers, with the year not over yet. Now, this is just me, but can you name one celebrity that died caring about you, your family, your safety, or your freedom?
Thanks Art Hanley
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 05:18 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Amen lets remember our fallen troops not some rich a** movie star
Old 01-01-2017, 05:20 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Lets remember our true heroes not some rich a** movie star
Old 01-01-2017, 05:33 AM   #11

I find it absolutely disgusting when I see people idolize celebrities, and forgetting our real heros, in the military and our police and fire fighting forces. My prayers are with you all. Be safe, and come home to your families and Thank You for protecting us.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 05:50 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
On a high note for this New Year's Day, please know there are "Legions" of Americans that remember, support, and respect our troops in harms way and veterans of all wars.

This is done through service organizations such as the Veterans of Foriegn Wars (VFW) and the American Legion, which are much more than a place to get a cheap drink and cheap steak dinner. These two organizations are founded on principles of Americanism and support of a strong military and veterans.

Let's not forget the United Service Organization (USO). The USO sends entertainment overseas and has USO centers not only overseas but on military bases as well as in many commercial airports, which by the way are always looking for volunteers - so you too can get involved. If interested, feel free to send me a PM and I'll get you on your way. The USO also needs cash donations as well.

Check these fine people out: https://www.honorflight.org

I am leaving out a host of other organizations that are in place to support and remember military and veterans as well as everyday Americans, both veterans and non veterans who do their own thing.

Let's face it - a big problem is news media - remembering our military is not entertaining enough - needs to have a little blood shed to be news worthy - my opinion...

I spent 12 years of my 25 active militsry years in recruiting and the "mood" of America was they support the military, just as long as it wasn't with their son or daughter...

Perhaps if the military was to put coloring books and play dough in place........NOT!!!!

I have the utmost respect for young Americans and their families who join any branch of the military, either active or reserve, God Bless them all and a God Bless America at the start of 2017.

g
Old 01-01-2017, 06:09 AM   #13

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Thanks to all who serve or have served their fellows both as volunteers or in mostly low pay positions. For which they risk their lives and health. For which if they survive they in many cases have to rely on charity to live and or get the first rate care they deserve.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Read on a Facebook post;

I was surprised by all the celebrities that we've lost in 2016. But in case you didn't know, 138 police officers died this year, along with 87 firefighters and 14 United States soldiers, with the year not over yet. Now, this is just me, but can you name one celebrity that died caring about you, your family, your safety, or your freedom?
Thanks Art Hanley
Sadly the days of actors being anything except upstanding good citizens seem to be a thing of the past. Ronald Reagan comes to mind as well as John Wayne and Clint Eastwood as actors who had, and In Clint Eastwood's case, has a true respect and love for their country. Of course there are others but these three come readily to mind.
There are a lot of true hero's and heroine's in this great country both in service to their country and civilian.
Over my lifetime I have lost friends in the line of duty as soldiers, policemen and firefighters.
God bless everyone and I will let the Almighty sort them out as he sees fit.
Happy New Year.
Lynn