Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Hi Tacking,
Been there done that and the good thing I can say was it was 33yrs.ago.I have been re married for 32yrs.When I first was divorced the ex maxed out 3 credit cards and tried to take the house but,the judge seen she couldn't pay for it so like you we had to sell the house and she did get money but,she had to pay half of the credit card debt.I wish you the best of luck and many safe travels.We like pictures of the Rv's so if you will post some pics.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2014, 10:25 PM   #16

Tacking, you can't get away with "I bought new coach today" without some details. PS, the last time I was tacking, itst was upwind in my old sloop.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:57 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Best is yet to come

Tacking,

What kind did you get and post pictures please. We are proud of you and are excited about your choice, share it with us, so we can help with the excitement level!

My DH and I have not bought yet but will be buying a gas MH and used to boot. I CAN'T WAIT! Next summer. You have so much to look forward to and no nasties to share it with.

Be happy!
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #18

I won't take possession of it until I close on my house in under a couple of weeks.
Funny, but the ex taking what she is out of the sale did me one favor. It kicked me in the but on not drifting into a more expensive coach, as I was slowly doing. My choice became much simpler. In fact that next day I was too go look at the ONE that I truly felt I would buy, .. a 39' DP Airstream. Canceled that appointment all together.
After searching through every site I could find, eBay, Craigslist, and the many other sites that specialize in coach sales, I ended up finding 'my deal' just down the road in the next town. Literally 5 min from my house.
So, ... a long winded answer for what I ended up with... LOL. It's a 2003 Damon Intruder 38'. Workhorse chassis. Near perfect condition, three slides, quite roomy. The master bedroom is very large. Only 14K miles, low gen hours. Really loaded with all the bells and whistles available in 2003. A bit of a 'Time Capsule" in interior decor, but not so much that I can't deal with it.
I studied all I could find on this coach and know all the issues, which in reality are not so many. The windshield is the biggest fear, but ... the price was right . Best bang for the buck of all I have seen.
tacking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #19

Photos...
Not actual one, but identical in every way. The last photo is the only one I have of the actual one I bought.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:35 AM   #20

Evergreen Owners Club
Congrats on the Damon!! Have fun making it your new home and many miles of safe travels.
mo5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #21

Foretravel Owners Club
BTDT, can assure you a good woman is what saved me from an extremely bad gal 32 yrs ago. Been a great life ever since, great RV, no debt, no mortgage and grand self made retirement fund, being 73 We need to start enjoying it, however the business is strong, hard to close down a strong business. One day hit will happen.
Dave M
Genset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #22

Congratulations on your new home. The best revenge will be to enjoy your new lifestyle to the fullest and make great friends along the way. You don't mention how old your kids are but I bet they are ready for a trip as well, Safe travels!
Diesel Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #23

Two Kids are grown and on there own. My divorce was over 10 years ago. This summer my Jack Russel of 17 years passed away. Daughter married and moved to TN years ago and I am now a 58 year old granpa of the two cutest kids in the world. . So everything has fallen in place to take this solo adventure.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:34 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Nice looking coach, hope everything works out for you. Take it slow and easy, learn as much as you can, and keep up with the maintenance.

TN is a great place to visit and the new motorhome should enjoy it. Winters are relatively mild and fall colors are at their peak.

Good Luck on your new adventure!!!
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #25

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
that is a beautiful coach. I went thru a divorce 20 years ago and she got 60% of the house sale, 1/2 of my pensions and the car that was paid off. But, I was finally rid of the misery and that was a blessing. Misery ended up killing her 5 years ago. So, just look forward and live for today! Don't let it get to you, then she wins!
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:51 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I like it, Should make you and the kids pretty dang com-fie...
Does it have bunks?
Don't forget the interior pics when you get her (it) lol I suppose I should of worded it different!!!
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote