Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgator View Post
Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

When responding to another persons post, PLEASE refrain from negative or questionable comments or remarks. In a recent post, "25 MPG Hemi", there were several comments that were negative, and not necessary. Now, I am a big boy and not that "sensitive" about my gas mileage as one poster put it; but, if ALL will go back and reread the Mission Statement for these forums........we are supposed to be HELPFUL and SHARE OUR EXPERIENCES, so that others may benefit. In the case of my "hemi" post, I simply stated what works for me, and the variables. If you choose to accept it or "kick it to the curb" is up to you. But, negativity posted because you disagree CAN have a real impact on NEW MEMBERS, OR VISITORS to IRV2 Forums. The #1 reason for me frequenting this forum is that MOST of its members exhibit common courtesy and manners that we all expect.

One person may disagree wholeheartedly with someone's post; but there is a right way and a wrong way to disagree. Now, before we go any further, I am not the forum police, nor do I think my opinion is the only one. In disagreeing with someone, don't just "throw" a general statement out there, but what is more profitable for the forums is to maybe say something like, "I disagree with your post, but this is why; or my experience did not turn out the way yours did." Or something to that effect, don't simply post something that insinuates a poster is uniformed, or ignorant of his own experiences.

In closing, if I have OFFENDED anyone with THIS post; that is not my intent. My intent is the betterment of "OUR" forums and better first impressions to our newcomers and visitors.
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT

Gotcha
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Good post scgator, let's hope it has an impact on the few who seem to think that tearing another down will build themselves up.
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Some of the "negative" post are made tongue-in-cheek. Problem is you need to use and emoticon to show you are make light of the issue.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #18

Agreed!! Here AND in your "Hemi" post. I believe we need italics or an agreed upon color code to denote sarcasm..

BTW - Stay away from Archery Talk; They play REAL rough there...
Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Simple phrase "Give up the need to be right"
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Are you referring to some of the sanctimonious people on an other well known RV forum to remain nameless or as the said on the TV show Dragnet...."The names have been changed to protect the innocent"
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Political Correctness at its finest.

Everybody gets a trophy, winners and losers.

YOU must be responsible for your words. If you start a thread that you KNOW is going to be controversial, keep your left hand up, cause stuff is coming your way.

Kerry (real name my mother gave me in honor of her great grandparents)
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by w6pea View Post
Are you referring to some of the sanctimonious people on an other well known RV forum to remain nameless or as the said on the TV show Dragnet...."The names have been changed to protect the innocent"
No.. this one: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f45/25-mpg-hemi-98471-2.html

And reading it, the OP over reacted, IMHO...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
No.. this one: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f45/25-mpg-hemi-98471-2.html

And reading it, the OP over reacted, IMHO...

Wow
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #24

What all message boards need is a universal font for sarcasm. That was suggested on another thread today. I like it!
Bucksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
You mean like this?

Rolls Eyes (Sarcastic)
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #26

After awhile you will see the same people over and over again "flame" or "Bash" others. I guess it's their insecurity that makes them feel superior to others when they can do that behind a computer screen. I bet they wouldn't do it to your face.

IMHO this is the best RV forum on the web and 98% of the people here are helpful and respectful. There always has to be that 2% that ruin it for others. When I see the flaming and bashing going on I just skip that thread and feel sorry for the poster.

The guy with the 25 mpg hemi was only trying to state that by driving conservatively you can get good millage. Weather he actually got a true 25 mpg was not an issue to me it was the point he was trying to make. We all need to post as if we are face to face and say only the things that we would say in person. After all we are but only human....
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Many good points by the OP. The problem I have is when someone makes a comment that is clearly incorrect, can be proven incorrect with appropriate references, yet the poster refuses to admit he/she was wrong.
Cat320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #28

The good advise I got from "Road House" was "Go for the knees" by Patrick Swayze,

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote