Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2017, 07:18 AM   #1

Tactical X flashlight

Does anyone have experience with tactical X flashlights. Does the battery hold up? Is the light as good as they say?
jlr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2017, 07:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr44 View Post
Does anyone have experience with tactical X flashlights. Does the battery hold up? Is the light as good as they say?
I do not have that one specifically, but I do have a Fenix TK75.
Anytime you get an LED light you will be amazed. This one of mine(size of a regular flashlight with larger head) puts out 2900lumens with a 690meter beam throw....needless to say, it turns night into day. I have a laser sight+tactical light on my shotgun at 160lumens. They are bright. Battery life...cannot tell you because it goes down with level of brightness. My fenix has a charger and is a 4 cell unit.My shotgun mounted one is as low as 60 mins with laser and light. My Fenix has 4 levels, strobe, and sos features, but it does last a long time.I know I am of little help. I would strive for a well known, respected brand. Good resource is law enforcement.
Crazeee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:14 AM   #3

I don't know the specs on the tactical X flashlights, but I bought Duracell 700 flashlight and I love it. While not as bright as They use 2 C cell batteries, and you can adjust the flashlight from a narrow beam to wide angle. Also you can use it on 300 lum setting or the bright 700 lum setting. While not as good as Crazeee1 2900lumens, these seem to be the best of all worlds. Light weight, C batteries seem to last a decent time and when the batteries get weak, the light gets dimmer instead of simply shutting off like my other LED light did. And for less than $10 you can't go wrong.

https://www.costco.com/Duracell-2-pa...100319990.html
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:27 AM   #4

Buy a charge kit with it. It may be LED but they will go dead sooner than I want it to. (After acouple weeks use) Make sure you have the amount of lumens you believe are sufficient. I use mine at work all the time, cant be with out it.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:58 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I think they are great....just don't believe the commercials and pay $30 for one.

Here is a pair, with chargers for $14
CREE flashlisht

Mine sit on the shelf, and hold their charge forever (well, they have never been dead when I try them).

Very bright, but they take a special rechargeable battery...easy to get on e-bay. Different brightness levels, and zoom focus.

Some come with a 12V cigarette lighter charger.

Dan
Old 03-31-2017, 12:25 PM   #6

There are numerous units out their claiming to be tactical flashlights. I have an off brand that looks like a twin to the Tack Light being offered on TV. The light output from a Cree LED bulb is substantial. Mine can be used with re chargeable lithium batteries or three triple A batteries. It came with a sleeve adapter for the rechargeable batteries. I used mine camping all summer last year on a seasonal lot so it was used for over three months every night. I only had to charge it once. I will say the light is significantly better with the rechargeable lithium batteries than with the three triple A units. For twenty bucks you cannot go wrong with one of these tactical units. Don't confuse them with the mini tac lights. The minis are good but have no wear near the output of the full size units, which are only about 8" long and come with a zoom feature. Be aware of the lumens. Although they all look the same, some are only 700 while others range from 1200 and up. Mine is a 1200 lumen unit and I find the balance between brightness and battery longevity to be excellent.
Neverhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:50 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I like the headlight type so both my hands are free. I just bought this one which claims to be 40,000 lumens! Having a USB charger was important as I fulltime and need to charge it via a 12 volt plug. I won't get it until I get to my daughter's place in June, but I'll try to report back about it.

Cycling Fishing 5 LED 40000 Lumens 18650 Battery Headlight +USB Cable Charger KJ | eBay
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I like the headlight type so both my hands are free. I just bought this one which claims to be 40,000 lumens! Having a USB charger was important as I fulltime and need to charge it via a 12 volt plug. I won't get it until I get to my daughter's place in June, but I'll try to report back about it.

Cycling Fishing 5 LED 40000 Lumens 18650 Battery Headlight +USB Cable Charger KJ | eBay
Hope you got your light, okmunky. I ordered mine on April 2, and never received it. Went back and forth with the seller multiple times, with him promising to send a second one, and begging me not to leave negative feedback, and just to wait "a little longer." Once we got past the date where I could leave feedback, or report him to e-bay or paypal, he stopped communicating with me. Buyer beware.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes, I got mine really quick, all things considered. But I bought ones without batteries without realizing it. But I found some on Amazon.

Sorry to hear you got stiffed on yours. I listened to a seller's sob stories once and got robbed. Now I keep a file with purchases in it and don't cut them any slack. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me is now my attitude.

I haven't used mine yet. It stays light so late now. I'm sure it will be great next winter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:59 PM   #10

Some seller attempted to stiff me last week on Amazon. Pair of sunglasses. When shipping went beyond three weeks not only did I cancel the order I also got the seller barred from Amazon. You shouldn't have to be concerned about a seller's qualifications to sell on Amazon.

Once you try a Streamlight flashlight you will lose sleep over how good they are. If you get the dc rechargeable they are affordable. The ac/dc recharge will cost you an arm and a leg. I have a Cree headlamp and love it.

If you are looking for flashlight reviews/ opinions the boating forum "cruisers forum" is amazing. Everyone gives good honest opinions. Quite often the users will review the "latest and greatest" with honest opinions.
Billybobtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:12 PM   #11

I agree with the quality of info on the boating cruiser forums. There are many, and I belonged to this one, before I came over to the dark side and decided the asphalt was better than water.
Without the wheels, they still have many of the same systems, diesel engine, spare generator, battery banks, shore power, water and waste systems. A nice alternate source for good info.
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:43 PM   #12

Agree on alternative source for information. If you want to review headlamps- bicyclist forums are great. THOSE PEOPLE ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THEIR EQUIPMENT.
Billybobtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #13

Find out what your local law enforcement night shift officer is carrying on his belt. Those guys use their flashlights every day and they won't carry junk. Streamlight makes a good light but I'm not sure what the latest and greatest is. It's been awhile since I was humping the night shift in a patrol car.

Tags
light