Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
These posts always turn to "Walmart Posts" as the subject even though it was not intended...or was it? Hmmmm Joe
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:47 PM   #30

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Wal-Mart has not run anyone out of business. The CUSTOMERS have.
Well said Lorna.

And, thank you Explorer2 for the link.
I see their stores are only located east of the Mississippi. Yet, they have mail order. I may give it a try.

azloafer, the answer is nope, it was not intentional.

Thanks to all of you who shared your shopping spots and places.

It seems that being in or living from an RV does not limit the shopping experiences. As a matter of fact, from what you have said, it appears that shopping can be even more fun when it becomes part of the exploration that is the life of RV folks.
BacktoRoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:27 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
First-

I used to shop at Walmart, but a lot of what they sell is foreign. They also buy from people who are not part of the local economy. If there's something that I need that I can't get anywhere else- I tell my local Ace Hardware or other store to stock it. By the way...Ace is my place- I love that store.

Drew
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Fresh Market isn’t cheap but Very Enjoyable to shop at. They are working on expanding to the west. Now if you are ever in the small town of Alamogordo, NM Lowe’s foods Lowe's - Locations has a bakery that produces the best flour tortillas, chips, pico and corn tortillas. Yum!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Other half does most of the shopping. Groceries come from HyVee and Fareway. (Local Iowa chains) They are so competative that very few national chains can compete with them, therefore they eventually close. Wal Mart and Target are still around as is Sams Club and a Cosco. Khols gets her clothing business and some small appliances. Best Buy gets some. Nebraska Furniture Mart sells us our appliances. (TV, Refrig, Washer dryer and rugs) as does our furniture although it is from Homemaker furniture, a division of Nebr Furniture Mart. They are owned by Buffet. She has found that if she clips coupons that it is cheaper than bulk buying and there are little need for the Sams Clubs and Costcos of this world. I tend to use Craigs list for my tools and yard items. The Motor Home came from there as well as the toad. Got my lawn Tractor and snow blower from it as well. Cheap tools come from harbor Freight. Good tools I use a name brand supplier depending what it is. Home Depot and Menards get a lot of my business as well. Batteries come from Batteries Plus, they will test the battery and do the installation as well. I use the united States Power squadron for my boating and it's insurance needs along with boating education classes! (Had to throw in a KUDU for them)
Since I now own a piece of #$%@ Gulf Stream I am at Freightliner doing a lot of shopping as well as at every Gulfstream dealer with a service shop that I see!

Tags
rv lifestyle