Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2018, 09:02 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDiemen23 View Post
The folks that run Bloomberg and Business Insider are the ones that are trying to short the stock, and nearly every article is critical.

Let's say the naysayers are correct and they go under. One of the big manufacturers will make an offer and buy Tesla, because it's simply easier to build whats' already there than to re-invent the wheel. Without the debt and the constant naysayer BS the company will really take off.

If you want to see how this works, just research Iridium.
Yah, didn’t want to bring up the shirts thing. Kinda obvious though. The day after the end quarter results are issued watch the jump. It was sooooo obvious last time. It is amazing how many Americans want this company to fail. Weird but amazing.
radar is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2018, 09:15 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
UGH, Iridium. I, and many other investors, lost a lot of money with that deal.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spd97 View Post
A previous poster stated that 60% of the pre-orders were for base model cars. The 455,000 pre-order number came from a Musk interview from August of last year.

{big ol' snip}

Hey folks they're selling like hot cakes, get em while they're hot, got half a billion bucks from folks waiting to buy, step right up, order today and we'll build one and deliver it to you in just six weeks. Ya'll keep drinkng the cool-aid.

I was specifically asking about the text I put in bold "...will NEVER be built..." (new emphasis mine). The rest was not part of my questions. As I mentioned previously, I think Musk is more provocateur than inventor and is more interested in having the cameras on himself than having auditors in his books...

[Moderator edit]
Old 12-11-2018, 09:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
I was specifically asking about the text I put in bold "...will NEVER be built..." (new emphasis mine). The rest was not part of my questions. As I mentioned previously, I think Musk is more provocateur than inventor and is more interested in having the cameras on himself than having auditors in his books...

I'm not one for sugary drinks, so save them for The People's Temple after Rep Ryan leaves. (Ah, history)
I think they’ll be available within a year. But like I say, I doubt they’ll be a big demand for them. Start at 35000, add a colour other than black and the sport rims and you would already be at 38000. The model 3 does look good in black but I’m guessing many will want another colour.

Right now even the 46000 mid range model comes with the glass roof. I’m willing to bet that will be a popular option on the base model as well.

Time will tell.

For us it will be
- long range
- all wheel drive.
- sport rims
- White interior
- advanced auto pilot.

We’ll skip the high performance package. My neck is already sore. .
Old 12-11-2018, 09:27 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post

I'm not one for sugary drinks, so save them for The People's Temple after Rep Ryan leaves. (Ah, history)
And several of us have pointed out that the model 3 is already in production probably starting with the high end units first. Tesla does not give out those numbers. They added a second model 3 line and are playing catchup now. Europe finally ended some legal hassles so they will switch the destination of production to Europe next. The model 3 base is scheduled for mid 2019. That makes you "never be built" comment a bit premature.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 03:24 AM   #34

Quote:
The folks that run Bloomberg and Business Insider are the ones that are trying to short the stock, and nearly every article is critical.

Let's say the naysayers are correct and they go under. One of the big manufacturers will make an offer and buy Tesla, because it's simply easier to build whats' already there than to re-invent the wheel. Without the debt and the constant naysayer BS the company will really take off.

I don't wish them to go under and I don't think that they will, and I agree that they are at the point that someone would pick them up if they faced bankruptcy again.

I probably haven't followed the business reporting as closely as you but I understand why Bloomberg is being critical. Musk likes to control every aspect of information related to Tesla and therefore makes it difficult for the financial market to evaluate the true health of the company. Bloomberg developed a method to estimate Tesla production numbers because its a critical indicator of the company's health, and that's what Bloomberg does. They wouldn't have to do that if Musk would be more transparent. Its not that hard; count the number of finished cars that pass inspection and get driven to the delivery lots. Trust me when I say that Tesla knows what that number is, all of the time.
5spd97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:38 AM   #35

GM doesn’t report Bolt sales either. And yah, kind of annoying for investors. Still, Bloomberg is always WAY off. So kinda think that’s intentional and meant to influence stock price.

GM has also been misleading. They said they were going to ramp up to 2500 cars per month and eventually 3000 but still seem stuck around 2200. Apparently supply chain problems. But whatever it is it is taking a long time to add 400 cars per month of production.

Interesting that right now Tesla builds as many ELectric cars in two days as GM does in around a month.

Retooling for European build will cost them production in January. Wishing them well. Nice to see an American car company leading the pack in this market.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:04 AM   #36

This thread got me looking at the Model 3. 300 mile range and 0-60 in 3 seconds. I might need to get a trailer for the MH.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:29 AM   #37

FWIW I think Musk enjoys playing with Bloomberg. I would if I was him. The folks on Wall St are not good people. They rejoice when workers are laid off and increase stock prices. They get unhappy when we get full employment and drop stock prices to punish us.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake21 View Post
This thread got me looking at the Model 3. 300 mile range and 0-60 in 3 seconds. I might need to get a trailer for the MH.
Go for a test drive. Bring your check book. You are pretty much ruined for any thing with a gas tank after that. There is a large percentage of people who go completely electric after buying their first electric car. The second usually follows within a year or two. Happened to us.

Trucks not included of course...yet. .
Old 12-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #39

The tax credit is going away. If you don't take delivery by the end of this year, the credit drops to $3750 till June 30, then $1750 till the end of 2019. After that it is gone.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:40 PM   #40

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
The tax credit is going away. If you don't take delivery by the end of this year, the credit drops to $3750 till June 30, then $1750 till the end of 2019. After that it is gone.
Unless your buying one who cares? Buy other stock and go on a camping trip[emoji23] [emoji1]
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote