Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2015, 09:13 AM   #43

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
I seem to remember a recent hailstorm in Arkansas that had mutants scrambling everywhere to help seal up and then replace roof vents for those who couldn't climb up there.
You sure do! And Ed and Wayne and Larry and so many other mutants came to the rescue of others. It was a site to be seen a d to lift the spirits of all.

And you Larry - installed our new dash stereo! And I love having the Bluetooth phone capability when driving!

Thanks to all who have paid it forward and to Les for this fine thread!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2015, 05:26 PM   #44
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Anyone else got a story of help, bravery, heroics?
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:01 PM   #45

Helped out a poor inner city you group while camping

This group came to camp two sites away from us and they asked for matches and they forgot to bring some. DH helped them get their firelog/fire started. They didn't have much firewood so I gave them enough for the night even though it meant I would have to buy more. Their tent had a rip in it. The leader didn't know how to get her camp stove lit. She explained her dad had always done the camp/cooking. The past winter he had a five time rollover with his car and landed in a lake. Now he is paralized. I realized the young adults didn't have warm clothes for the 50degrees night temps. I emptied out my RV wardrobe and extra blankets from our winter survival kit in our truck. The leader only had poptarts for the next mornings breakfast. DH fired up the oven in our RV and made almost a whole box of pancake mix into delecious flapjacks. I also had enough breakfast sausage for them and Hot Chocolate. I offered to make them lunches for their day in the amusement park. They had plenty of snacks. I have enjoyed reading all the posts even though it made me cry happy tears. Same camping trip we got asked to help a solo camper spot him while he backed in his 30ft. rig. Then he lost his cell phone. I was able to call his # and he found the cell phone that had fallen in his laundry basket. I am a blessed four time cancer survivor. Last year I was able to get grant $ for my chemotherapy bills. I have no medical debt!! I am in remission and doing well.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #46
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Having and sharing a big heart can only bring good things. Perhaps you're Chemotherapy grant was a gift in return for being the caring person you are!

Congratulations on your 4 time cancer survival! I hope you have beaten it this last time.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:23 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Dogpatch,
This may not be a "Feel Good" post but on the verge of "bravery or heroics" (or stupidity) but it might be funny.

When I was in college, 1st year, I did not have much exposure to partying. I was invited out with a bunch of the guys from my dorm room, we went to a house party. This was in early December in Wisconsin after a bad winter storm.

We were at the party and everyone decided we needed to move on. Most of us went out and got in the station wagon that we had driven to the party in, except we were missing some of the group. The driver had backed out into the road while waiting on the rest of the group. We were waiting in the street as a car crested the hill in front of us. The hill was snow and ice covered. The driver of the other vehicle was trying to stop but you could see he wasn't having any luck zig zagging back and forth from one side of the street to the other.

The driver of the station wagon was trying to back up but with everyone in the other vehicle the windows were all fogged and he couldn't see. I was riding shotgun in the front seat and decided that I could stop the vehicle. I jumped out and ran up on the other vehicle as it was going from one snow bank to the other trying to stop. I got in front and just dug in and started to push as it was pushing me down the road. Don't ask me how or why but the vehicle ultimately stopped with me in front of it.

The driver was wide eyed and thankful and the group of guys that that I had gone to the party with were truly amazed. Don't know if it was for my feat of strength or shear stupidity but I'm sure it gave them all stories to tell around a campfire and me on IRV2.

It also got me a couple of beers from the guys over next couple of nights and make me smile every time I tell the story or write about it.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:44 AM   #48
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Not sure where that one falls Jim. Your quick thinking (in spite of drinking) without thought of your own safety (likely due to drinking) saved a potential accident from occurring.

Definitely makes a good campfire story! LOL
Old 08-03-2015, 04:08 PM   #49

A woman here at the camp ground didn't have a regulator on her water blew her show and her sinks faucets the repair guy around here wanted 110 an hour to fix it. She got the faucets and I put them in she tried to pay me I told her just pass it forward and I gave her one of my regulators. She was very grateful but I did have to explain what passing it forward ment. Lol

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dwayne, you rock big guy!
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:43 AM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have really enjoyed this thread. We hear so many negative stories and even though we know people do nice things we often don't hear about them.

Please keep it going. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #52
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
One of the times I did my "Drive through pay for the lunch for the person behind me" routines, it ended up being an RCMP.

My note I asked the drive-threw attendant to give the officer simply said "Thank you for your service, we appreciate what you do".

I felt good doing it as always.

About a month later, I was late for an appointment and was pulled over for excessive speeding on the highway.
A policewoman came to my drivers door and said the usual "Drivers License and Registration" and commented that I was driving way to fast. She went back to her car for a few minutes.
I'm thinking this is going to be a painfully high priced ticket.

She came up to my car and said "You need to slow down Les, have a nice day"!

I was flabbergasted and said (stammering) "What? Really"?

She said "You bought my lunch at Tim Hortons in the drive through a while back, and I have to tell you, I was having a pretty rough morning on my shift and that kind act made my day! Have a nice day Les"

The only thing I can figure is that maybe she randomly ran my plate in the drive-threw lineup and remembered when she ran it again for the speeding ticket. Otherwise, I can't figure out how she knew it was me!

So....you just never know when your kind deed somehow comes back to you.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:22 PM   #53

Was at a golf course and a junior golf camp was being held...saw a kid about 13 with his mom who worked in the kitchen...asked him why he wasn't playing...said things were hard and dad took off and he had no money for clubs...with his mom in tow, took him to my car and fished out a few wedges, woods and a putter and some balls and gave them to him...made me feel good and boy was he and mom happy
pismocouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:52 AM   #54
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Nice that you were thoughtful enough to ask the boy. All too often, people will turn a blind eye and go on about their business.
Way to go pismocouple!
Old 08-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #55

Encountered a homeless woman living in her car at a campground in 2013. I approached her on our last day. She was homeless with two very thin dogs and a sick cat. She was horrified that we were able to identify her as homeless. She thought she was flying under radar. We talked for a bit about the head injury she suffered and how her daughter's husband would leave her if she let crazy mom stay with them. I prayed with her and gave her the rest of our food and dog food, as well as a little cash. Several months later one of our clients came in showing us pictures of the collie he rescued from that county's shelter. They said a lady came in with the dog and said its owner had died. I hope that's not true, as that was clearly MaryAnn's collie. I pray for her often. ..
Wanabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #56
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Sad story Wanabes. Hopefully your recipient is not one in the same. If so, Your good deed may have been the last thing good thing remembered by the lady showing someone cared.