Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
I am not a golfer but like a lot of people I own golf clubs and show up once in a while to beat the pill around the green. Its not the golf I enjoy so much as the golf with friends and the fact that it is an honorable game played on your honor as to scoring and the rules.

Every time I see a pro ball player deny that he did not commit the infraction witnessed by replay and about 15 million viewers or that he caught the ball he obviously snatched from the turf I am reminded of the code of ethics in golf.
You claim you're not a golfer but you have the HEART of a golfer to recognize that. Honor and the handicap system is, IMHO, what makes golf such a great game when can be played well into our later years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Meanwhile ..... back to the Masters Golf Tournamant ..... how about that Double Eagle!

"Louis Oosthuizen has jumped into the lead in the final round of the Masters with a double eagle on the second hole!"

What a shot!
Just an amazing tournament. I couldn't believe I saw a double eagle at the Masters. An Albatross, two aces, a triple by Phil, a sudden death playoff... all ending with the jacket going to a guy named Buba! With all the discussion about Augusta National having to modernize their thinking... I'm sure many will notice the irony of having a guy from Georgia named Buba win the thing!

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2012, 05:04 AM   #44

Just got back from Augusta and what it trip it was. The Masters is unlike any other sporting event there is. Just a special place.
TheTourVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
"I never got this far in my dreams!"

I think that this is the line that will be long rememberd from Bubba Watson, a new American hero. The king is dead; long live the king.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #46

Its funny to see so many fall in love with Bubba. 3 years ago he was in a shouting match during a tournament. Last year his caddie threatened to quit over his attitude problems. He is rude to fans at the course and many of his playing partners can't stand the guy it seems. However winning does in fact erase all short comings in athletes (look at Tiger Woods), but it also opens the doors to people learning more about you and I can only hope this changes Bubba's attitude to embrace it more or he will not be very well liked for long.
TheTourVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
One of my favorite titles from JRR Tolkien is; "The Return of the King" let's see if that will play out in the near term.

Although I am not a golfer, I have observed that when Tiger Woods is in a tournament that the ratings go up and a lot more interest in the event is shown by fans and media. I don't care about Tiger's private life however what I remember most was the interaction between Tiger and his dad. I hope he's got his head in the game. The announcer said that Tiger needs to begin playing like the kid again and not be so technical in everything he does because he just over calculates a lot of things. (or that's what I came away with)

You get a guy like Bubba that never had a golf lesson and I think this is what they were speaking about.

In Star Wars they would suggest to; "Use the Force!" Essentially I think that Tiger needs to go out and play and have fun and perhaps he'll be back more consistently.

How about Mickelson? I did not expect to see him implode with a triple bogey.

Today here in Myrtle Beach, they are playing the Hootie & the Blowfish, "Monday After the Masters. It should be a nice sunny day for the event with temperatures in the mid-seventies.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Things really can change. Hootie (Darius Rucker) is now a genuine Country Music star.

Membership ? not so much. Heck they won't invite Donald Trump to join.
Personally, my invitation is in the mail.

Golfers hit their pinnacle then start "slip sliding away".

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote