Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #1

iRV2 No Limits Club
Smile The time has come

Hi ya"ll.
Well the time has come to venture out to the real camping world. My dw &furry pal are leaving the nest and heading to Florida. This will be our first trip out with our tt. As I am disabled and have very limited mobility,l was wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for me. As info I have COPD,congested heart failure & severe back pain. We will be stopping in Ga for 3 days & then going to Topsail sp fla. also I would like to thank Allen. ASCHUH53 for the help with my awning and encouragement to do this.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like a fun trip! Be safe and enjoy.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
Well here's an update
1st. I managed to turn my tt over in Georgia. Hurt my feelings. Dw & Dd and friend are all ok. The first thing"capt" Jack did was mark the ROOF. This was last sunday 4/13. Well it is now 4/18 and we are here at topsail sp fla.

2nd the Lord has blessed me and my family. I now own a 1995 Kountryair by newmar. This will be a learning experience for me. So far so good. Will keep ya"ll updated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140418_124059.png
Views:	124
Size:	790.3 KB
ID:	60823

Name:	ForumRunner_20140418_124112.png
Views:	139
Size:	792.3 KB
ID:	60824

Name:	ForumRunner_20140418_124129.png
Views:	124
Size:	613.9 KB
ID:	60825

Name:	ForumRunner_20140418_124149.png
Views:	130
Size:	791.0 KB
ID:	60826
Old 04-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Wow! Glad everything turned out okay for you. I don't own a Newmar but I have a feeling that you will be a lot happier now!!
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #5

iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi to everyone.
Just a quick update on our adventure
It is now day 5 in destin fla. It has rained every day and has been cold and dreary. getting to know the kountryaire has been quite entertaining. Nemar must have designed it for the "rv" challenged. First i left the lower bank lights on because they looked cool at night only to find out the lights run on engine battery. Thank god for the "battery boost" feature. also learning to drive a bus in heavy cross winds can get you very "excited".All in all we are still having fun .sun is supposed to come out to day & family can go down to the beach. I tried but can't walk in the powdery sand I guess I will spend my time trying to get the 12 volt sys working. Worked fine till yesterday. Now no lights refg ac propane water heater anything that includes 12 volt. Any suggestions????? We are leaving wed and the slides won't work without the 12 volt sys.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I would check the 12 volt disconnect switch first.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
First, glad everyone made it out of the rollover. Did you check the propane level? Hope the sun comes out before you have to head home OR stay a little longer. Its know for being the Sun Shine State
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Richard RV, Try posting any questions in the Nwemar Owners Forum. You will get better answers on the Newmar coach there I believe. By the way glad that everyone is OK and your still enjoying things. That could have ruined your day for sure.