Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #29

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for all the support i knew i was not alone. Pretty much told my children i am a recovering addict and will always be. I look at it one day at a time every morning i mark the calender and smile. The extra money from two packs a day is our trip and camping money which turn out to be more than i thought.
Still love the smell of smoke but also can smell what my wife and children complained about on my clothes when i am around smokers.
Thanks again to all.
KylenCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #30

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Fantastic!!!!! The DW and I are going to see if we can kick the habit this year as well.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
Fantastic!!!!! The DW and I are going to see if we can kick the habit this year as well.
I hope you do
Pete1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #32

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRNOLL View Post
Very good. Keep up the Good work. I haven't had any tobacco sense Aug 15 2012. Once in a while I get an urge to have a smoke but have been able to resist.
I quit right after heart problem in 1995. The doctor said if I didn't quit smoking, I would die. I quit (cold duck) but I still get the urge every couple days. I don't think you ever lose the urge. I quit drinking the same way. Only with booze, I do have a glass of red vino or a Margarita on occasion (1 or 2X a month).

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylenCindy View Post
Day after Christmas came down with the flu felt horrible could not breath and high fever. Stayed in bed for couple of days could not go outside to smoke. That was 89 days ago and still smoke free. The money i spent on cigarettes is what i am spending on my motor home. At least its a healthy habit.
I have all the respect in the world for you. I've never smoked in my life but I know many people who have and wished they never started. Good on you and keep up the good work. Look on the bright side, you now have money to invest in cool things for your RV.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #34

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1985 View Post
I hope you do
X2. Your health will thank you.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #35

Good job! I quit after 23 yrs pack and a half a day on Feb 08, 2013. Did it cold turkey, first week was the hardest. My wife also quit 2 weeks before me...
ksteve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #36

Thor Owners Club
DW quit 2 years before me. Best thing we ever did. Bought a truck with the money I saved. It was small pain for big gain.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:09 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
DW quit 2 years before me. Best thing we ever did. Bought a truck with the money I saved. It was small pain for big gain.
I've tried to convince people to quit in the past, if not for their health then for the monetary gain. I don't know how much a pack costs but if you multiply that x365 that's a lot of cash. Plus you may get some extra time here on the planet to spend it.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club

My mother-in-law who was a continual smoker quit too late, now she is on oxygen 24/7. My brother who was 4 pack a day smoker ws on 24/7 oxygen for years and in the hospitla constantly with pulmonary failure, finally died a pulmonary death. My sister quit only after having to have open heart surgery twice! I could go on and on about the lung cancer patients I have seen due to smoking (I am a cancer doctor). And it is not just lung cancer. My father died of bladder cancer, highly associated with smoking also. But my point is it is not just cancer, it's your heart and lungs. It's not just the length of your life it is the quality of that life. Everyone, if you haven't quit smoking yet, do it now! Not only will you improve your own life but you are the greatest example to your children and grandchildren.
OK, off my soapbox!
Irene
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #39
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Just tell yourself "I will never, ever smoke another cigarette." I can't tell you how many times I "quit" but thought I can have just one or two and bought a pack the next day and a carton the day after. Finally told myself-that's it. Tough for a while but stick to it-you too can quit!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleM View Post
Hi

That's great. I keep telling myself to quit. My wife keeps telling me to quit so does my kid. One of these I need to try again. Hang in there, I know it's a very hard thing to do,
Well done

Dale M
Last week my wife and I got atomizers.It's a play on an electronic cigarette . The name brand is match free. The liquid you add will have your choice of nicotene levels and the flavors you want from fuity to tobacco and coffee.
A set up is about 60 dollars but divided by the cost of a pack of cigarettes.
that's not too much.
We have not had a Hot cigarette for 5 weeks and have been using a variety of crutches. These are the best we've found.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by debrey View Post
Last week my wife and I got atomizers.It's a play on an electronic cigarette . The name brand is match free. The liquid you add will have your choice of nicotene levels and the flavors you want from fuity to tobacco and coffee.
A set up is about 60 dollars but divided by the cost of a pack of cigarettes.
that's not too much.
We have not had a Hot cigarette for 5 weeks and have been using a variety of crutches. These are the best we've found.
Get off the nicotine. It is as bad as the smoke. I have quit three times. Once for a year, then for three and finally walked away from them in 2004. I still crave a sweet cigar or a pipe once in a while. But, I know that just one puff and I'll be back to two packs a day by the end of the week.

I breathe better now than I have in years. Food tastes do much better, it must I look like I really enjoy eating and I go. But, I do have the beginnings of COPD. It shows up my annual physical. Fortunately, it is fairly minor and should not get any worse.

So, quit it!
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #42

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricejh View Post
Get off the nicotine. It is as bad as the smoke. I have quit three times. Once for a year, then for three and finally walked away from them in 2004. I still crave a sweet cigar or a pipe once in a while. But, I know that just one puff and I'll be back to two packs a day by the end of the week.

I breathe better now than I have in years. Food tastes do much better, it must I look like I really enjoy eating and I go. But, I do have the beginnings of COPD. It shows up my annual physical. Fortunately, it is fairly minor and should not get any worse.

So, quit it!
It's kinda the idea