Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #57

Keep it up, work at it every day
TractoR Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #58

Oh how I wish I could say I'd quit - - - but can't. I don't even TRY anymore! But, Lord how I admire all of you that have!!
MrsPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #59

National RV Owners Club
Wife and I quit in December. Cold turkey...............sort of. We bought e-cigarettes and stopped smoking real cigarettes altogether. I know we just replaced one habit with another, but it is a lot healthier without the tar, arsenic and all the other poisons you get from tobacco cigarettes. I spend about $30 a month on the e-cig juice. My 1 to 1.5 pack a day cigarette habit was costing about $220 a month. I tried the chantix, patches and gum to no avail. I think the e-cig worked because I still get nicotine and still have the activity of hand to mouth. Weight gain was about 7 lbs and has held steady at that.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #60

Ford Super Duty Owner
"Oh how I wish I could say I'd quit - - - but can't. I don't even TRY anymore! But, Lord how I admire all of you that have!!"

Mrs Phillips,
It is like all adictions its not easy and I will not tell you it is because its not. I smoked all of my adult life and now wake up every morning knowing i will have to fight that demon away again today. I am on day 97 and counting. I hope you will try again we have your back.
KylenCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #61

Thank You!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the encouragement. I opened a new carton today but it was NOT my brand and have decided that when they are gone, I will give it another go. I think, too, that I figured after smoking for over 50 years, the damage was already done but when I started counting the costs, that has helped me try again. ESPECIALLY when I think I could go CAMPING MORE!! Thanks again! MrsPhillips
MrsPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhillips View Post
I can't tell you how much I appreciate the encouragement. I opened a new carton today but it was NOT my brand and have decided that when they are gone, I will give it another go. I think, too, that I figured after smoking for over 50 years, the damage was already done but when I started counting the costs, that has helped me try again. ESPECIALLY when I think I could go CAMPING MORE!! Thanks again! MrsPhillips
Dont wait till their gone, do it now. Toss them suckers out in the garbage. I went cold turkey 30 years ago and I can tell you that you will not miss them once you get past the first couple of weeks.

I was at an Indian gas station last week and went in to get a coke, when I saw the discounted prices they charge for cigs I almost had a cat.
SeattlePirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #63

Everyone needs their own motivation. I smoked all my life since the age of 10-11. Short story, I went for a check up and they found a growth (1cm) in my bladder. Did the surgery but the doc said if I did not quit smoking, I would be back in a year for the same thing. The growth was cancer but not through the skin.
Well, I decided it was my wake up call and went on the Champix for a couple of months and one day said that's it, I'm done. Two years this past November and I don't miss it one bit. The most disgusting habit ever but when you get your head in the right place, it is easy to quit.P/S The growth has not come back.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #64

I quit 6 years ago. Not a puff since and have no urges. Gained some weight but I can get that off.

I promised myself that I could have a big ol' cigar and a pack of cigarettes on my 90th birthday, right after I polished off a half a gallon of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #65

I quit in 1967 when I went to work in in oil refinery where you could not smoke. At first I would light one up as soon asI got off from work. After a few months of that I got to thinking hoe crazy that was, if I could go 8 hrs without smoking why smoke when I got off? Before working at the refinery was a pack a day or more when drinking. Was in the Army and then a Merchant Seaman where they were just over $1.00 a carton in those days, tax free. Most of the men in the refinery dipped snuff while at work, never tried it. Am 75 years old now and in pretty good health. Have no desire to smoke and could not afford to do so, they cost over .25 cents per cigarette now as you all know. My ex wife quit when they hit .50 a pack.
texkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #66

KylenCindy, I hope you are doing great with your decision to quit, hang in there it does get easier! Just keep saying " I QUIT"
Old 04-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #67

I'm down from 2 packs a day to about a pack a week. Wearing two patches at a time helps. I have a high tolerance for all meds.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #68

Ford Super Duty Owner
Go Dunner
KylenCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #69

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
The neat thing about quitting smoking is smelling the flowers in our various gardens and the greenhouse. The only bad side effect was I became a vast waistland but that eventually will shrink also. Stay at it because nothing is insurmountable. I admire all of you who have quit, are quitting or thinking about quitting; you're attempting to improve your lifestyle. My congratulations to all of you and my wish for your success.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #70
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Probably the best decision you ever made! Congrats!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote