Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2020, 05:45 PM   #141

Bouncer 2006 where'd ya go
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2020, 09:05 AM   #142

I think he didn't want to play no more so he took his ball and went home.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:25 AM   #143

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
So I’m camping for a few days at Abalone Pt (Union Landing State Park)) one of my favorite locations on the North Coast (Ca). Rolled in at 8pm and felt very lucky to get an ocean front site. Had trouble sleeping (typical for me) so I sat up reading from 1:30-4:30. And listening to the neighbors dog bark in their tent (or outside all night) every 15 minutes for three hours. I went back to bed, got some sleep, woke up around 7am, made coffee, sat down to enjoy it and read some more and was “entertained” by a loud domestic disturbance in a 5th wheel on the other side.

Am I complaining? Not really - more observing. Camp ground life isn’t always perfect, and there’s always trade offs. But this is a rarity and it does not in any way change how I feel about vacationing in an RV. You take the good with the bad and deal with it.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:20 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
So I’m camping for a few days at Abalone Pt (Union Landing State Park)) one of my favorite locations on the North Coast (Ca). Rolled in at 8pm and felt very lucky to get an ocean front site. Had trouble sleeping (typical for me) so I sat up reading from 1:30-4:30. And listening to the neighbors dog bark in their tent (or outside all night) every 15 minutes for three hours. I went back to bed, got some sleep, woke up around 7am, made coffee, sat down to enjoy it and read some more and was “entertained” by a loud domestic disturbance in a 5th wheel on the other side.

Am I complaining? Not really - more observing. Camp ground life isn’t always perfect, and there’s always trade offs. But this is a rarity and it does not in any way change how I feel about vacationing in an RV. You take the good with the bad and deal with it.
PERFECTLY SAID! Couldn't agree more. Ya gotta take the good with the bad.
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:04 AM   #145

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Also campground demographics, at least in public parks, are changing. I’ve noticed two major post-covid changes: Campgrounds are much more crowded with people staying longer, and the old rules and norms of behavior no longer apply.

Here at Abalone Point/Union landing it actually looks like a refugee camp with 3-5 cars and multiple families and half a dozen tents in each site, with all the typical impact of each person (and dog), but concentrated because the sites are overpopulated.

I’ve also noticed that the local regulating officials (State parks and local LE) are turning a blind eye to folks camping in day-use only areas. I’ve never seen this before and can only conclude that enforcement of policies previously held dear to State Parks folks have gone out the window post pandemic.

So if you want to camp in public parks or private ones with minimal enforcement and/or standards, what you see is what you get and “tolerance“ is going to be the order of the day. I’ve camped in state parks four or five times since the grand re-opening of the State and found this to be the case every time. Once I even booked a group camp site at $125/night (Eagle Lake and worth it!) just to have some peace and quiet.

Yes, times they are a changing.....

Edit- the staff here are really quite nice and interestingly told me, and I quote: “usually when decent people come here we send them up to the northern camp ground. It’s kind of the wild west around here.”

Telling, hmmmm? Imagine how the OP would deal with that...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9C8075A3-445A-49A2-B0DF-987BED9DB669.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	298796  
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:33 AM   #146

Wild West

Quote:
Also campground demographics, at least in public parks, are changing. I’ve noticed two major post-covid changes: Campgrounds are much more crowded with people staying longer, and the old rules and norms of behavior no longer apply.

Here at Abalone Point/Union landing it actually looks like a refugee camp with 3-5 cars and multiple families and half a dozen tents in each site, with all the typical impact of each person (and dog), but concentrated because the sites are overpopulated.

I’ve also noticed that the local regulating officials (State parks and local LE) are turning a blind eye to folks camping in day-use only areas. I’ve never seen this before and can only conclude that enforcement of policies previously held dear to State Parks folks have gone out the window post pandemic.

So if you want to camp in public parks or private ones with minimal enforcement and/or standards, what you see is what you get and “tolerance“ is going to be the order of the day. I’ve camped in state parks four or five times since the grand re-opening of the State and found this to be the case every time. Once I even booked a group camp site at $125/night (Eagle Lake and worth it!) just to have some peace and quiet.

Yes, times they are a changing.....

Edit- the staff here are really quite nice and interestingly told me, and I quote: “usually when decent people come here we send them up to the northern camp ground. It’s kind of the wild west around here.”

Telling, hmmmm? Imagine how the OP would deal with that...
Because wife returned to work, due to nurse shortage, our rv trips have been limited. But we do many four day trips. These are short regional trips of 200 - 300 miles in the Arkansas Louisiana Texas area. In that area in the places we stay, federal, state and locally owned, we have not experienced the problems yoi have
BruceDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:51 AM   #147
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The permeant tenants in parks are a different group than a true RVer for the most part.

It also has to do with the park and the management. We stay a few months a year in an RV park outside of Houston. They have a fair number of permeant residents, and long term winter folks, but they enforce the rules and will evict you if you do not follow the rules.

I'd look for another place to spend my money and time.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:56 AM   #148

Quote:

Your narrative reminds me of an incident while set up in n RV park in Elk City, OK some years ago. A neighbor kept their dog tied up outside of their RV and would often leave it there for a few days as they traveled somewhere else in their tow vehicle. Evidently a fellow RVer looked after the dog (food,water). The problem was that the dog would bark throughout the night. The park managers were unconcerned. So one night I couldn't take it any more and called the police. They evidently got hold of the manager and a few days later my rude neighbors were gone.
Preacher44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat