Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2020, 11:13 PM   #43

This is not an airport - no need to announce your departure.

After fulltiming in an RV for close to a decade (mostly in one spot), now when I take my coach out I'm avoiding the park crowd b/c the prices have gotten stupid for what is offered and what I desire. All I want is hookups and a place to park, and if they are charging as much as a hotel for that and not putting a mint on my pillow.... Why would I spend that much? It's cheaper to pay for a reserved parking place at a truck stop and just use my generator, that's what it is there for. Also at a truck stop, nobody cares about the sound the genset makes even though mine is pretty quiet.

It's about finding what makes you satisfied, and if you haven't found it, move the RV to somewhere else until you do.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #44

Continue living in dream land? Well I boondock and don't have to deal with any of that crap. Every day I boondock is a dream for me, except that one time I forgot my generator (before I bought solar).
gertpacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 02:41 PM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Give it up people. The OP has had his rant. He cares not for any attempts for consolation. In his own words, he's done. Good. Let's all move on. Better things to do.
Mike8253 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Yeah but you know he’s watching
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:29 PM   #47

So it's obvious to me that this OP was apparently in a redneck RV park. And maybe he's a bit intolerant himself? Just sayin! This OP has made it clear that he does NOT care that most of us RVers are nice folks. He's bound and determined to make all of us miserable along with him. As other posters have said--and now me--he could have moved. I certainly would have, within the first week. But I guess the OP is too stubborn and onery.
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:03 PM   #48

Y'all responding to the OP ever think that maybe he prepaid for the spot? What's the refund policy in places like that?

OP probably gone now. Oh well.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:05 AM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGoose View Post
Y'all responding to the OP ever think that maybe he prepaid for the spot? What's the refund policy in places like that?

OP probably gone now. Oh well.
Thought about that but would you prepay for 3 months in a park you’ve never seen? Most of the people who responded tried to provide helpful info and made it clear that this was an unusual situation and one that the rest of us would pass on by.

But he’s determined to throw out the baby with the bath water and that’s his choice. He also threw a little invective our way but that’s just because he’s angry about his mistake and needed to vent and was looking for someone else to blame. Oh well - no harm done. We tried. And conveyed sympathies and best wishes. Not much else you can do.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 04:01 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Thought about that but would you prepay for 3 months in a park you’ve never seen? Most of the people who responded tried to provide helpful info and made it clear that this was an unusual situation and one that the rest of us would pass on by.

But he’s determined to throw out the baby with the bath water and that’s his choice. He also threw a little invective our way but that’s just because he’s angry about his mistake and needed to vent and was looking for someone else to blame. Oh well - no harm done. We tried. And conveyed sympathies and best wishes. Not much else you can do.
Even if he prepaid, why stay if miserable? Cut your loss and move on. Life is short and clearly he was not just unhappy but in absolute misery. It just not worth it as far as I’m concerned.

His responses to all who tried to help was purely argumentative and in stark contradiction to why IRV2 exists.
lenny-shawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:19 PM   #51

Arizona

Bounder 2006 said they were moving to Arizona. Well, there are folks here that act the same way on fixed land. We retired military-civil service expect others to have manners and respect. I have learned that I just have to pretend those folks don't exist and move on with my life and associate with others. Good luck with your new neighbors.
dfhensley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:20 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommar View Post
So it's obvious to me that this OP was apparently in a redneck RV park. And maybe he's a bit intolerant himself? Just sayin! This OP has made it clear that he does NOT care that most of us RVers are nice folks. He's bound and determined to make all of us miserable along with him. As other posters have said--and now me--he could have moved. I certainly would have, within the first week. But I guess the OP is too stubborn and onery.
Had he been in a Redneck Park things would have been different. We are most timers and started our 1st RV in 1976. I'm guessing he was above the Mason Dixon Line as we come in contact with people from all over the US and Canada. The rude and arrogant come from the NE and Quebec. AND the children from those places are wild and never supervised. Not all and certainly a minority, but I'll take the Rednecks long before those better than the rest of us in their mind.
Old 06-14-2020, 03:23 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder2006 View Post
Think again!

We bought a motor home to travel in since I've retired, we wanted to travel and be together since I worked multiple, long hours, all my working life.

Well, our first experience in a park in Eastern Pa was horrendous! I had read that people who lived and travelled in Rv's were a tight knit, helpful & considerate lot, but in the 3 months we were in that park, I have NEVER met a more inconsiderate, disgusting, careless and obnoxious group of snobs in my entire life!

They were rude when you tried to talk to them, they were noisy at ALL hours, day or night, they left their poor animals outside to bark consistently, or worse yet, left them in their RV for days in the heat, and all they did was bark, they let their pets do their business anywhere and everywhere instead of the appropriate designated areas and didn't clean up after them.

They would have their friends and/or relatives visit for hours or even days and let their guests, especially children run amok, screaming and yelling from sunup till way past sundown.

When they weren't being snobs or rude, they were being busybodies asking the neighboring RV owners for information about others and even had the cahones to question the mail person who we are and where we came from, even though we had lived close by prior to the park.

They didn't follow any of the rules required in the park and just did whatever the hell they wanted.

One more thing, this 10 year old rule about the age of your RV SUCKS. We would have moved to another park not far away, but for some reason our 13 year old RV which looked almost brand new, wasn't allowed in their park. [Moderator Edit]

We have traveled to almost every State in the country, 46 to be exact, so we have experience dealing with other people, staying in hotels etc, but we have NEVER experienced such incredible rudeness as we did in that park. We thought staying in hotels or renting short term living places were bad, I would rather stay in a motel 6 than EVER go to another park again, EVER! I guess being in the military and then working for the government, we let our guard down, as we were among some of the most helpful and caring people who were military and ex military for soo many years.

If you are thinking about living in and/or travelling in an RV, DON'T!!

If you do it anyway, go out in the middle of nowhere and stay as far away as you can from other RV'ers and RV parks.

You've been warned!

Regretfully yours

2 disgusted RV owners!
You were in the military? Didn’t you learn anything in the military? I’m sorry you had the experience you had / but you find.’the do your due diligence! You sir are most of your own problem! You didn’t research the park restrictions or where you wanted to live very we’ll. I have been motorhoming for 25 years - traveling when I could. Greatest lifestyle ever! But I did understand what I wanted before I took off - you didn’t. So go complain to everyone you can - typical of most government people who didn’t really have to think for themselves - not all - just the ones like you
Gamaliel Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:24 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn John View Post
Had he been in a Redneck Park things would have been different. We are most timers and started our 1st RV in 1976. I'm guessing he was above the Mason Dixon Line as we come in contact with people from all over the US and Canada. The rude and arrogant come from the NE and Quebec. AND the children from those places are wild and never supervised. Not all and certainly a minority, but I'll take the Rednecks long before those better than the rest of us in their mind.
Amen.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:50 PM   #55

Not for you

Try something else. Us trailer trash people aren’t your kind of folks. Guess there weren’t any managers at the park. If everyone else is the problem, guess what ?
Phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 03:52 PM   #56

Oh my goodness. I'd be uncomfortable if I were forced to stay close to a VA or other health care facility dealing with chronic health issues, too. I'd probably just 'suck it up' though. My daddy wasn't very tolerant of wusses.

You would think that after 50 years of staying with 'trailer trash' I would realize how bad it is.

The only time I can think of a place being less than great was on a holiday weekend and there was a drinking party about 30 yards away. Two nights and they were gone.
My experience has been that folks are usually helpful, friendly, considerate, or stay away (as in recluse). But, I don't 'hang out' much because there is almost always something to do or somewhere to go.

RV folks generally start at excellent and go up. If it were bad, I'd stay at another spot or facility...wheels are great!

Attitude? Mine is pretty good, but I'm not 'trapped'.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat