Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #57

Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
geez
steinjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #58

It seems that, absolutely all these words are over-used in "epic" proportions. oops, sorry
senior-cit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by senior-cit View Post
it seems that, absolutely all these words are over-used in "epic" proportions. Oops, sorry
like totally
Old 01-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #60

Nor'easters Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
"back in the day"
seems everyone uses this (seniors, almost seniors, less than almost seniors, teenagers) but i don't know which day anyone is talking about.
steinjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:41 PM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
"I'm on a fixed income" !

No wait, I still use that one, NEVERMIND.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #62

Thor Owners Club
Cant stand it when you thank someone...usually a young person and they reply "No Problem".........or you relate an event and the person replies.."Really?.....I now reply that I was made the whole story up.......DW doesn't say that anymore
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Carolina Campers
American Coach Owners Club
Then there is the "near miss" darn if you almost missed, it then you must have hit it!!
papa&susu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf View Post
I agree with this 100%. Other lazy responses to "Thank you" are "yep" and "uh huh".
uh huh must be an American thing. I first heard it from a waitress in Boise. It struck me as a rather odd response to "Thank you", almost as if she had to have the last word in. Whatever happened to "You are welcome"?
I am slowly learning that the horrible "A" word (awesome) will not go away any time soon. It and other words mentioned are mindless filler, the speaker has not thought out what he/she is saying but does not know when to stop. I hear teachers talking like a grade nine ball cap on backwards, no wonder the kids are not learning grammar. There is no one to teach them.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by steinjef View Post
"back in the day"
seems everyone uses this (seniors, almost seniors, less than almost seniors, teenagers) but i don't know which day anyone is talking about.
First time i heard one of my 20 something employees say that I asked when was that for him, yesterday?
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:24 AM   #66
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyM View Post
uh huh must be an American thing. I first heard it from a waitress in Boise. It struck me as a rather odd response to "Thank you", almost as if she had to have the last word in. Whatever happened to "You are welcome"?
I am slowly learning that the horrible "A" word (awesome) will not go away any time soon. It and other words mentioned are mindless filler, the speaker has not thought out what he/she is saying but does not know when to stop. I hear teachers talking like a grade nine ball cap on backwards, no wonder the kids are not learning grammar. There is no one to teach them.

I talked with a grade nine or so young man several years ago that was wearing a ball cap turned around with the bill in the back. I asked him where I could buy a hat like that as all the ones I had seen in stores had the bill on the front. His eyes glazed over and he stated, "I don't know". They don't have a clue.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:27 AM   #67
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
"Peace of mind" is another one that should be illegal.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:09 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
"Peace of mind" is another one that should be illegal.
Especially when they spell it "piece" of mind. Don't want a piece of their mind!! LOL

Martha
Old 01-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #69

Tiffin Owners Club
It irritates me why a sportscaster says "that was unbelievable", if you don't believe it that get another occupation. Just my $.02 worth.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:40 PM   #70

'sup peeps! Seems. like, we all forget that back in the day there were all sorts of sayin's. Ya know what I mean? Like: cats meow, groovy, what's shakin', daddy-o. You remember those, sweet cheeks? It seems there is a cycle where someone comes up with some "hip" term and it goes on and on and on, 'til the next "cool" term. Ya digging it? Some would call those terms from the past cherry or epic. Others, like my parents would argue they weren't groovy at all, and could get pretty hacked off when I used them. At times it seemed to be a heavy scene, man. But wasn't it a gas? Being hip and using the right verbiage was quite choice. And, honestly, as time went on people would argue those terms just aren't cool any more, like, totally dude. So, to make a long story short, I guess there will always be one term or another that folks will use to death because they have nothing better to add to the conversation, or aren't in the habit of thinking before they speak. Perhaps it's embarrassment from not knowing how to properly respond at times because it's not done via text! Just sayin'.......
Time to boogie.
ScottyP is offline   Reply With Quote