Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2022, 10:12 AM   #15

Your body alternates dominate nostrils about every 2 hours. One nostril will do about 75% of your breathing while the other side does only 25%. This is called the "nasal cycle".
0rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2022, 10:37 AM   #16
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
The phrase “See you later, Alligator” is a reference to swing music fans. The phrase originated in the 1930s where, in jazz and swing communities in Harlem, an alligator was a reference to a well-dressed fan of jazz and swing music (probably because of the popularity of alligator skin clothing and accessories like shoes and belts). This phrase was an insider’s nod.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
Vinyl has made a comeback...my 15 year old daughter recently got into them. It all started with her painting records to sell that we would get at a flea market. She wanted to hear one actually played so we got her a record player and a few records to listen too. It cracks me up because most people I know were estatic when other options came about.

Staying with the theme.....the first recorded voice was in 1860 by a Frenchman but it wasn't able to be played back. The first to reproduce recorded sound was Edison in 1877.
For about 10 years, my first career was an on air DJ. Most stations I worked at, we had an entire wall of vinyl discs to choose from. It's funny to think about it now, but the Rock station I worked for insisted that we would wear 1 white cotton glove to handle all of the discs. This would keep the oils in your hand from ruining the records. We all had Micheal Jackson's glove, but not his music. Finally CDs started coming out and we transitioned to them over time. I haven't been in a studio in years now, but it's all on computer now. But we have given up true analog sound, for digital conveinence. Find a really good vinyl record and old time stereo and you'll understand what I'm saying. Music lost it's "ambiance'
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:33 AM   #18
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LERD View Post
For about 10 years, my first career was an on air DJ. Most stations I worked at, we had an entire wall of vinyl discs to choose from. It's funny to think about it now, but the Rock station I worked for insisted that we would wear 1 white cotton glove to handle all of the discs. This would keep the oils in your hand from ruining the records. We all had Micheal Jackson's glove, but not his music. Finally CDs started coming out and we transitioned to them over time. I haven't been in a studio in years now, but it's all on computer now. But we have given up true analog sound, for digital conveinence. Find a really good vinyl record and old time stereo and you'll understand what I'm saying. Music lost it's "ambiance'
Old 01-10-2022, 09:13 AM   #19
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
The Prohibition-era’s most successful enforcement officers made their arrests posing as… What? Police officers! Yup! Izzy Einstein and Moe Smith were the most successful Prohibition-era enforcement officers. They were responsible for nearly 5,000 arrests between 1920 and 1925. Their secret? Honesty! They’d walk right up to speakeasies and announce they were police officers looking for a drink. Bouncers and bartenders thought it was a gag. After all, what kind of officer would walk right up and announce themselves like that? The two officers would walk in, order a round of drinks, take a sip, and sneak the rest of the drink into bottles in their overcoats to serve later as evidence. Done deal!
Old 01-10-2022, 07:12 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The opposite faces on a die (dice) always equals 7.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:23 AM   #21
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
The Audubon Society was originally founded in reaction to women’s hats. In the late 19th century, it was fashionable for women to wear hats made with hundreds of feathers or even entire taxidermized birds. In London, it was common for hat makers to place single orders for up to 400,000 feathers at a time. One order required feathers from nearly 200,000 herons! Bird lovers started to take note, and George Bird Grinnell, the editor of Forest and Stream magazine, founded the precursor to the modern-day Audubon Society, even though it would not fully incorporate until 1905. Because of this, many states adopted laws against the hunting of birds for these feathers and ended the craze.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:22 AM   #22

Here's a little useless trivia to take up valuable memory space.

Racecar is spelled the same backwards or forwards .
Bill Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:28 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gail View Post
Here's a little useless trivia to take up valuable memory space.

Racecar is spelled the same backwards or forwards .
Except the big " R " will be on the wrong end.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:03 PM   #24

The town I was born in was spelled the same forward and backward. Harrah, OK
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:34 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
How about this same forwards & backwards (if you ignore punctuation):
“A man, a plan, a canal, PANAMA!”
Archer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:37 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Also, The aforementioned Bill Lear of LearJet and 8-track fame named his 2nd daughter “Shanda”. That’s right, “Shanda Lear”.
Archer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 06:12 PM   #27

Amateur radio hobbyists around the world should give a nod to three guys: Albert Hyman, Bob Almy, and Poogie Murray. Know why?

The Name HAM radio came from the first initials of their last names. Spelling out he names as a call sign was too long/cumbersome, so they shortened it to HAM.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 06:50 AM   #28
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
Amateur radio hobbyists around the world should give a nod to three guys: Albert Hyman, Bob Almy, and Poogie Murray. Know why?

The Name HAM radio came from the first initials of their last names. Spelling out he names as a call sign was too long/cumbersome, so they shortened it to HAM.
I got my novice license back in 1956 but never knew that! K5DXL