Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2016, 07:25 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdinatl View Post

If you buy any other system besides TST, I have to ask why? If enough people told me that the quality and service were the best, over and over again, I think that should be convincing enough. All I can say is you won't regret it. Give Debbie at TST a call at 770-889-9102. These are the friendliest most helpful people you'll ever deal with.
Here are my thoughts on your post and why I don't need to buy a TST TPMS.

I purchased the Doran TPMS back in 2010. In the two years I had the TPMS I had multiple sensor problems which cost me two trailer tires in Calgary AB Canada on a trip up to Alaska plus LOTS of other headaches while using the POC.

Later that same trip I had 5 out of 10 sensors not reporting any information so that was the last straw. I dumped it on eBay and purchased a 10 Wheel Tire SafeGuard TPMS system. It has worked flawlessly from day one without any hassles or difficulties. So far it has alerted me to a slow leak in one trailer tire allowing me to get off of the freeway in plenty of time to get parked and call Coach-Net for them to install the spare.

Batteries are very easy to change out which I do every 2-3 years regardless of whether they need it or not. Batteries are $7-$8 for a set of 10.

I trust the Tire SafeGuard enough that I have one on my motorcycle and another one on my wife's Saturn SW-2. The one in the coach gets placed in my Saturn Vue once we are parked for a spell.

I see no reason to dump my perfectly good TPMS just to purchase a highly over-rated TST TPMS.

Frankly, I believe every TPMS will have GOOD reviews and BAD reviews from people regardless of who makes them or whether they are knock-offs or what they are called.

The important point is that you HAVE one and USE IT plus you can TRUST the information that it is giving you while driving.

Make a decision on which brand, purchase and install it. If it doesn't perform to your expectations then dump it and try another one until you find one that you can trust and works for YOU.

Out of all of the different brands of TPMS's available today and after reading all of the comments, problems and various posts on the many forums throughout the Internet, I believe the top three brands in alphabetical order are Pressure Pro, Tire SafeGuard and TST. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those three.

BTW, this topic is probably THE most discussed topic right along with tires on RV forums. And the same information is posted over and over and over again. Will it ever stop? Probably not!

Dr4Film ---- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2016, 06:53 AM   #16
IC2

I'll add my thoughts on the TST 507RV.
-They've worked just fine for 2+ years
-Batteries on ebay are cheap and changed yearly (which reminds me ....)
-One 'blew' a sealing o-ring. TST replaced it and sent me several more as spares
-They are a bit of a PITA to set up the first time, but once you get the hang of it, goes fast
-Occasionally the furthest one takes some time to connect - but will in a few miles
-They do read a couple pounds low vs my accurate digital gauge. No big deal.

Do your homework and buy whichever one meets your personal needs as there are several reportedly good brands. I only have had (good) experiences with TST
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote