Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #29

We had that same experiance the first time we visited California. We had only one camper wave back and right away started talking with us. Found he was from the Midwest like us.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #30

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We're in a private campground and everyone waves. You go for a walk, we all talk. Last summer at Ocean City, MD there were all kinds, from not friendly to very friendly.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
We've had this happy a few times in the past 5 1/2 years. One old man started following us down the CG road as he talked. He didn't want to lose his audience.... They don't take hints. How to get rid of such emotionally needy people we have nothing in common with without being rude is the $64,000,00 question.
As they attempt to take control of us with their unrelenting verbiage, that in and of itself, is a form of rudeness. They seem to be oblivious or uncaring as to how we may be feeling. Most reasonable people intuitively know how conversations are going and when to continue the discussion and when to back off.
Personally, I enjoy meeting new people but I try get a sense as to why they are camping. Is it peace and quiet? R & R? Socializing? All night drinking? Uppermost I am respectful of their wishes and I would at the very least expect likewise.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #32
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
As they attempt to take control of us with their unrelenting verbiage, that in and of itself, is a form of rudeness. They seem to be oblivious or uncaring as to how we may be feeling. Most reasonable people intuitively know how conversations are going and when to continue the discussion and when to back off.
Personally, I enjoy meeting new people but I try get a sense as to why they are camping. Is it peace and quiet? R & R? Socializing? All night drinking? Uppermost I am respectful of their wishes and I would at the very least expect likewise.
Very well said.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I simply politely excuse myself and go inside. My hubby is much more patient, and he will linger--so I leave him holding the bag.
We're just the opposite. My husband slips quietly away (he's a pro at it) and leaves me holding the bag before I know what's happening.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #34

We were on our way out west, taking our time....stopped off at a campground in La Hideaway Pond Recreational Resort.....what a mistake. We were assigned a spot between two family or friends....one had a dog that didn't stop yapping, and we got the feeling that we had taken this spot away from a friend that was suppose to arrive before us. They were not friendly, they made us really uncomfortable with how they parked there cars, having us to manuver our vehicle to be safe from getting hit.
We have made it a point to check out the site prior to us setting up.......and if possible even to check on the folks on either side.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #35
laj

This is why I like higher end CGDs. Eliminates most of it, not all but most.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post

We are TT and RPI members....the " RV Park" we stayed at in La. was an RPI park...we usually have a nice stay at any RPI and most TT parks are nice.
I guess there are exceptions to the rule
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
We have been in a few "higher end" campgrounds and found that the "higher end" people can be just as obnoxious as those in lower-end CGs, COEs, National and State Parks. It's not worth the extra cost.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #38
laj

Well at least I've had better luck there.
You're right tho, you can find all kinds anywhere.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #39

Send a message via Yahoo to garytut&twooie Send a message via Skype™ to garytut&twooie
Talking

My DH and I just got back from a trial run to Morro Dunes in Morro Bay, Ca and hit the same reality road block. I wanted to talk to everyone ..... some not so much. So I thought I'd put a sign that said Do You IRV2? After causing a few near misses, I finally added the dot com to help clear things up alittle, not to be....after more near misses I took the sign down
Reality sucks, I was hoping someone would recognise the sign and we could talk and talk and ....well you know. NOT THAT I WOULD TALK YOUR EARS OFF.. Just to meet someone who knows this site would have put the cherry on the top.
So, if ya see a 30ft Hurricane with the sign "Do You IRV2?" in front and back, please don't run the other way! I'm really looking forward to meeting IRV2 members. You just might be able to make some of my worries go away!

Safe travels

Gary and Marian w/THREE Poms (pray for us)
garytut&twooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #40
laj

Now if we could get all you over gabbers in one campground, at the same time what a party!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony A. View Post
Hi friends! We just recently purcharsed our first RV as a family and camped at our first RV park. Featherly RV Park in Yorba Linda/Anaheim off the 91. The place was nice and our Neighbor was very nice. They were also new to RV. We are very nice people and say hi to everyone. Well My fiance, son and myself probably said hi and smiled at over a dozen people and only one smiled back and said hi. The rest actually just looked at us and turned their heads like we did'nt matter. Very very rude people! No matter what it did'nt spoil our time as a family, but it was a bit disheartining for us. We plan on still hitting the road to see more many new places with our RV and hope along the way people will be a little more kinder. Has anyone ever experienced this? Safe journeys friends!
Anthony the Problem was not with you. We use to live in Westminster so we know that area. That campground is how can i say this not for nice rigs or weekend camping. It is for people that are on hard times and are going to work from there. We are not snobs and have stayed at some Campgrounds across the country that have people that are working in the Area some are nice and some are not. Try to get reservations along the Beach. Glad to see you here enjoy.
Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #42

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
We have been in a few "higher end" campgrounds and found that the "higher end" people can be just as obnoxious as those in lower-end CGs, COEs, National and State Parks. It's not worth the extra cost.
People can be obnoxious no matter what price you pay to get into a campground.