Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #29

Texas Boomers Club
Good idea! Thanks Vets!

Because my daddy was born on November 11 we often teased him that the nation took a holiday all because of him. He was a paratrooper and an all around great patriot.

Our family is grateful to the vets and their families for all they do and all they give.
BacktoRoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
your welcome, being a vet myself. i made it home and i'm grateful to the men and women who serve to protect our (my) freedom to live in peace.
pawpawboyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:39 AM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
I fly my flag everyday and wear my red shirt on Fridays.
bear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I also fly our American Flag everyday but this thread got me to thinking. I always felt bad about not taking the flag down at dark since I didn't have a light shining on it. Fixed that today; when to Lowe's and bought a small solar powered light and fastened it to my flag pole! Now I feel correct in honoring our flag the proper way!!!!! Thanks for making me think!!
JBroadaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #33

Thanks to all the brave men & women who serve or have served.

Without blowing my own horn, I try my best each day to do something, talking with my children / grandchildren of how important service is, reminding others, as a business owner, free service from my company. Supporting the local veterans organizations. Anyway possible.

I am thankful that I wasn't drafted for the Vietnam war. Many of my friends were. Only one returned, my best friend fron Jr. High School. Wounded physically & mentaly, held in dishonor at home. He held in high regard our America, even though he & many others were let down, even untill his passing in 2007.

Due to that experience, I regret not having my opportunity to serve. My friend wrote from Vietnam - don't volunteer! I regret that those who have are many times placed in danger by "misguided politics" are unappreciated, cared for. To their credit, our military performs despite "misguided poliics". Thankfully now they are not spat upon when returning home.

Thank You all Veterans & recruits. We citizens do really appreciate your sacrifices. I encourage all to do whatever it takes to improve your care & picking up the pieces of your lives when you get home. I will continue to do all I can.

Thanks Again, for being courageous, but keep safe as you can.

This is intended to be as supportive & appreciative as can be.

American Patriot
gene2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks

To all veterans from any branch of service, I want to personally thank you for giving me this freedom that I have and I know first hand that it comes with a high price. Younger brother killed Viet nam. Older brother wounded Viet Nam-Purple Heart-myself lucky I guess US Army 1967-1969 Drafted but still proud to go and my youngest brother joined the Marine reserves. All 4 of us boys {men} were in the service within a 5 year span at the same time. My real hero is my MOTHER for all the pain and heartbreak that she endured during this time. 4 sons at one time has to be rare but it was our duty to go and serve, at least thats the way we felt. So once again want to say thankyou and hope you all return home safe.
gasman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #35

Thanks to our many Vets that given so much for our freedom!!!
ralph0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to, and including my life." Author Unknown

To all fellow veterans, I salute you for your service.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #37

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
God Bless all our troops and veterans! There is not enough words to express our thanks for your bravery and serving our country well. I lost several classmates in the Vietnam War and now have nieces and nephews serving. We are very proud of all of you!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:41 AM   #38

Thanks and may God bless the men and women who serve our country now and in the past.
Freedom is not free, so many have given their all for it. May they rest in eternal peace with our heartfelt gratitude.

Madisons...John & Val
Old 10-31-2010, 12:21 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
We should all remember that ''Those who sit and wait, also serve'' May God bless the parents, wives, husbands, sisters and brothers, girlfriends, boyfriends and children of those who are in harms way.........

Nuff said I guess......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:29 PM   #40
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It's time to visit Dad's grave again and place a US flag.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #41

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I put the flag on Dads grave on Memorial Day.

Dieselclacker
dieselclacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:00 PM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
I thank all veterans for their service to this great country. I especially thank my youngest daughter, Captain Lori Kirkland for her service. She is recovering from hip surgery due to an injury in Iraq.
desertrv is offline   Reply With Quote