Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nctox View Post
Don't keep it to yourself, Dultram. Where is that Wal-Mart?

X2 - and can I buy some wallets from you!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvbuzz View Post
So how many of us are being slightly dishonest by driving our Rvs above the posted speed limit?

Are we not the problem as well?

I admit I do drive over the speed limit by 5-10 mph. I am consistenly being passed by old dudes in DP with a toad going 70+. Not safe IMO.

I am not saying its OK to steal because its not. But we are all bending the rules when we think it is OK for us.
I think that is called the "strawman" argument. Look it up if interested. It's very popular these days. What does driving a few miles over the speed limit have to do with stealing? Removing a new item from the box, inserting and old item (or brick), and returning it to a store for a refund, IS STEALING.

IMHO, I think there is a BIG difference between being unsafe and being a thief. How did this thread go from warning people to be cautious, to speeding?. Many of us have had the experience of getting used stuff we thought was new. It is Walmart's (Lowe's, HD, etc) problem, but inconvenient for us.
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #45

Speeding is breaking the law, usually just a minor offense but still an offense.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #46

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
I think that is called the "strawman" argument. Look it up if interested. It's very popular these days. What does driving a few miles over the speed limit have to do with stealing? Removing a new item from the box, inserting and old item (or brick), and returning it to a store for a refund, IS STEALING.

IMHO, I think there is a BIG difference between being unsafe and being a thief. How did this thread go from warning people to be cautious, to speeding?. Many of us have had the experience of getting used stuff we thought was new. It is Walmart's (Lowe's, HD, etc) problem, but inconvenient for us.
I've got to disagree, both speeding and doing an illegal product exchange are both signs of people considering that laws and decency don't apply to themselves. "It's O.K., it's a big company, it won't hurt. I can go faster than the posted speed, I need to get there sooner. I can pull in to the handicapped space, there are others open and I'll only be a minute." .....Justifying bad behavior is a sign of self-importance over other people's inconvenience or safety. Not a good viewpoint for the health of society.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #47

I would agree with BFlinn, although there is a big difference between speeding(an infraction) and stealing( a misdemeanor) the bigger issue is the people's mindset is that the "rules" whatever they may be are for everyone else but them, or are just not important enough to them to worry about. Just think if everyone was honest and didn't return used or broken stuff back to stores, the prices would be even lower than they are right now. Although it is a stretch to relate it to speeding, if people followed all the rules of the road(speed, turning, cell phones use ect) traffic would flow better and there would be less accidents and you would use less gas, again lowering the cost of insurance and gas.

What basically happens in our society is that those of us who follow the rules generally pay more in some way to make up for all those self serving people who could care less about others and see their life as being more important than everyone else's and anything else. It is frustrating to us "rule followers" but I believe in the long term karma or whatever you want to call it comes back to bite them.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #48

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We live in a "me first" society.