Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2015, 11:57 AM   #57

Isn't NOT being allowed to "run" in the store called discipline?
Or is discipline now not a popular thing to enforce?
Try getting knocked down by some kid running undisciplined in a store. The floors are not padded and an apology really is inadequate to an elderly person who has been injured by being knocked down.
There are known instances where an injury to an elderly person has triggered dementia. Bet an apology doesn't fix that either.

Been there--seen that.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #58

Wow, discipline. I wasn't going there.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:54 PM   #59

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you're polite and treat people (including employees) with respect in stores, you should expect it in return.
If you call ahead or visit the Asst Mgr in person and ask if you can park the night in your RV, you will make life easier for all.
If you don't like the flat spots on shopping carts, I suggest you consider taking in your own RV Wagon with sides and aired tires into the store. Many cities and counties in CA have already outlawed the use of disposable plastic bags at grocery stores and want to charge you 10-20 Cents for a short paper bag or heavy duty plastic bag And do not provide boxes like Costco or Sams. And you can buy those cheap cloth tote bags or bring your own.
If you see a kid running down an isle, turn your shopping cart to block his path and yell SECURITY! JMHO
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
Isn't NOT being allowed to "run" in the store called discipline?
Or is discipline now not a popular thing to enforce?
Try getting knocked down by some kid running undisciplined in a store. The floors are not padded and an apology really is inadequate to an elderly person who has been injured by being knocked down.
There are known instances where an injury to an elderly person has triggered dementia. Bet an apology doesn't fix that either.

Been there--seen that.
Like I said, keep 'em in the cart. Problem solved.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:39 PM   #61

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
True story: Names have been eliminated to protect the gulity.

Office,, large office,, Folks have been complaining about the castors on the chairs for months....

Office is 24x7 with basically 4 shifts. the ADMIN shift is 9-5 but the workrs work 3 round the clock shifts so one shift does not see ADMIN at all (They switch at a different time)

One of the midnight workers goes into the #2 man's office and gets his chair..Which of course is 100% good condition.

The departing Afternoon person gets a bright idea and returns a chair to that office... NOT the one removed though. One of the defectives.

9am.. The #2 man comes in, sets his coffee down,, Sits down,, Pickes up his newspaper,, Kicks back to read same and is flat on his back on the floor......

Man with a box of new castors showed up a couple hours later.

Managers at Wal*Mart often make six figures..They shop elsewhere so they do not care about the cart wheels.. They never push a Wal*mart cart.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:49 PM   #62

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
Please! Stop bashing the employees. I was one for a year due to being 63, a high volume production engineer in a community suffering in a poor economy. I worked in the Tire Lube Express changing tires and oil.
Some of the employees are there temporarily and others due to circumstances beyond their control.
You do not reward a dog by beating it so why denigrate the employees at Wal-Mart?

I have been a Chief Applications Engineer, a Sales Manager, a Chief Engineer, a Plant Manager, and an Advanced Technology Engineer.
Not exactly a "dim" employee. Just there until the economy improved.
I also can spell, punctuate, and capitalize, which sometimes is not done well on a lot of internet postings.
I hope your fortunes have improved. I to don't like employee bashing. I was one of those fabled guvmnt ployees you hear about.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:52 PM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Walmart Shopping Carts

Well..... as we've often seen here in the past, lots of folks love to jump on the bandwagon when it's time to bash KOA or Walmart. And once again- as with KOA- my experiences at Walmarts all over the country for the last three years do not align well with a great number of the comments here.

I have not found Walmart's carts to be in any better- or worse- condition than the carts at a host of other stores. What I do find fascinating is the level of detailed Walmart knowledge and broad Walmart experience possessed by so many people who profess to dislike or avoid the stores with such passion! Clearly, they have spent a considerable amount of time on Walmart premises to hold such depth of knowledge! This leads me to believe that some or all are either confirmed masochists, or they are merely folks who love to offer strong opinions on the failings of Walmart while at the same time being easily willing to sacrifice the standards they would appear to hold so dear for the sake of saving a few dollars.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #64

[QUOTE=Wayne M;2480873]Last week or so we went to a store and it was a $quarter$ to get the cart out of the pack. When it was returned the $quarter$ was returned. Saw the same thing 15 years or so ago in Lake Charles, LA. I love that idea.

They have this in Germany. I saw no loose carts around their stores.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:35 AM   #65

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
[QUOTE=JRNOLL;2502107]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Last week or so we went to a store and it was a $quarter$ to get the cart out of the pack. When it was returned the $quarter$ was returned. Saw the same thing 15 years or so ago in Lake Charles, LA. I love that idea.

They have this in Germany. I saw no loose carts around their stores.
That would have been an ALDI..On of my favorite places to shop.

Sadly.. None here in S.E.GA

ALDI is a German company.

Another way ALDI saves us money is they do not bag,,As the cashier rings up your purchases she (or he) transfers the goods to a different cart (Already with a quarter in the lock) you bag, or box yourself (normally) Wife and I would take the Motor Home when we went shopping and simply push the cart "home" she went in and I out..Overroad door switch and handed groceries inside..Finally returning cart to store to recover a quarter...... The next customer in line got your quarter.. You got the one from the customer before you.

Really like those stores.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:52 AM   #66

Freightliner Owners Club
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:15 PM   #67

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmckinley View Post
or better yet, turning it upside down right in the middle of the floor?

John...let's see the pic of when you did that!

Just kidding.

Rich
__03 15' Klamath SS w/30hp
r___r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #68

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have a friend who was the manager of our local Walmart. He would walk through the entire store 2-3 times a day...stop to chat with folks and take care of problems he'd see. When he retired....things went downhill rather quickly....they have been through a few more managers since then, and the store is much better. Personally, I think the manager has a great deal to do with quality of everything at any local Wal Mart.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #69

Just an update in the Walmart square wheel problem. My local store and several I've been to in multiple states this month are sporting new wheels on most of their carts. I am giving myself full credit for sparking this long time overdue improvement.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #70

Tiffin Owners Club
I have to wonder about the reasoning of the cart corrals, not just at WalMart, but at most stores. I have RA so I have a Handicap Parking sticker, I don't always use it but if I am having a bad day I use the reserved parking. Have you ever noticed that the cart return area is halfway across the parking lot from the handicapped parking?
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote