Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2018, 12:03 PM   #43

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinewalker View Post
The nice thing about Walmart is that when you travel from town to town, the store layouts are very predictable. At least that is my experience here in the southwest. Don't know about back home.

You know where to find that popcorn...

They also have the only cat food that my cat wants.

Fresh produce, fruits, eggs, always in the same place.

Saves a lot of time. Even though I have all winter...
OK I gotta comment on this one. I have never found quality fresh fruit and vegetables at Walmart. Most of what I find there looks like stuff they dumpster dove for at Safeway. I only buy name brand prepackaged food at Walmart.

Glenn
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2018, 12:12 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post
OK I gotta comment on this one. I have never found quality fresh fruit and vegetables at Walmart. Most of what I find there looks like stuff they dumpster dove for at Safeway. I only buy name brand prepackaged food at Walmart.

Glenn
You know it has been reported that we thrown away tons of very good produce because it is "ugly". Ever take a good look at organic produce? Most of it is "ugly" yet people pay a premium for it.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #45

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Well, I don't go to WM anymore, for anything, ever. Not because I bear them any animosity but because they are an absolute zoo. We have one a few blocks from us when we're in FL for the winter. We have a Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Tractor Supply, Harbor Freight and Northern Tool all within less than 5 miles. I needed a couple of cheap paint brushes that I was going to use once and toss. So I figured what the hell, I'll just go to WM across the street. It'll be quick and cheap. Oops. Getting there was OK but once there OMG!!!! Dodging all the shopping carts that litter the entire parking lot was like playing Pac-Man. It was also obvious I wasn't going to park anywhere near the entrance so I headed for the back forty. After crossing the entire 600 acre parking lot, entering the store, avoiding the mass of humanity as best as possible, finding out what I wanted was all the way in the back corner of the store, I grabbed my paint brushes and headed for the cashier area. Oops. Three lanes open with cashiers and people lined up 6 deep with three carts full of groceries and what not, and the 6 self check out stations have even longer lines and two stations aren't working. So I put the brushes down and left. Trapsed back across the parking lot dodging minivans and shopping carts only to get to my truck and find one shopping cart pushed up against the bumper and one resting against the passenger side door. Drove to Harbor Freight a mile further down the road. Parked in a big space two spots from the enterance, walked in, went two aisles down, grabbed my brushes, went directly to the cashier, paid cash and drove home. Yep, the brushes cost me an extra 20 cents including tax. Darn!!!! Learned my lesson and quit going to WM. Then I bought a new HOLIDAY RAMBLER DP. Saw several posts here that WM sells DEF cheaper than most anywhere. So I figured I'd give WM another shot. Oops!!!! A repeat of the above except they were out of DEF. So I went elsewhere. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I am certainly not Bill Gates, but I will gladly go anywhere else, eat the 20 cents and steer clear of WM......
Dave
MoHo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:16 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn and Kathy View Post

Glenn

X2

Every time we bought fruit/veggies at Walmart we ended up throwing most if it away after just couple days

Walmart doesn't have anything special for us.
We do our grocery shopping at FRYs where we get good quality food at a reasonable price PLUS fuel points
We stopped going to Walmart ----
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #47

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Walmart is the devil, represents all that is evil with the ultra rich. From trying to treat it's employees like slaves, one of the biggest employers of overseas child labourtoo taking 8 billion dollars in tax cuts and putting it in their pockets. Cheap prices be Damned! https://www.dailydot.com/via/walmart...s-bad-company/
Old 03-18-2018, 02:53 PM   #48

Freightliner Owners Club
Gonna need more kool-aid...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:01 PM   #49

A friend will give you Kool-Aid, a true friend will put vodka in it............
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:15 PM   #50

Entegra Owners Club
Walmart is the RVer's friend. It is hard to put a price on that. When I shop I try to do it at Walmart because they provide me with places to sleep all over the country. If shopping online, I would rather buy from Walmart than Amazon. I try to pay them back when ever possible for what they do for Rver's.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:51 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Gonna need more kool-aid...
Aisle 7
Old 03-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #52

This thread is headed down a bad Aisle! Some are pro Wal-Mart...some are anti Wal-Mart. Neither one will convince the other....I'm checking out!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:39 PM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by easywind View Post
It seems half the posts that recommend a product the poster says wallmart, wallmart is the reason main street America is gone and I find no bargains there. They usually are more expensive than other places. They come to a place with low prices, drive out the other stores and raise their prices higher than they were originally. I personally won't buy anything there unless absolutely necessary and I hate that these pages support them.
Isn't the United States a great place to live, where everyone can make there own decisions.

Freedom
Old 03-18-2018, 05:51 PM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by easywind View Post
It seems half the posts that recommend a product the poster says wallmart, wallmart is the reason main street America is gone and I find no bargains there. They usually are more expensive than other places. They come to a place with low prices, drive out the other stores and raise their prices higher than they were originally. I personally won't buy anything there unless absolutely necessary and I hate that these pages support them.
If you really feel this way then you shouldn't buy even one thing from them. Thank God for the freedom to shop where we want.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:24 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
It's the Russians I think...
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #56

Walmart is my second home, Home Depot is my third. Who cares?
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote