Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #57

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Caveman,

(in a nutshell)

Its a polymer developed by DuPont, used in making fuel system components. Parts made with Viton, fuel lines, seals, "O rings etc. are used to combat the highly corrosive properties of certain blended and bio-fuels sold for todays engines. Its been around for a long time, and has other uses.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #58

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman CBB View Post
The criticism that I don't watch certain stations because of political beliefs on my part is correct and a valid argument, I'll grant you that. Truth is I don't watch any news on TV. I feel it's all sensationalized. I read my local paper, I listen to my local radio news show at Noon, and yes, I do sometimes listen to NPR. But, whenever I hear anything, from any source, I take it with a grain of salt. I’ll listen but, unless I see the proof myself I am not easily swayed by things that I hear.

However there is a weekly news program that I try to listen to whenever I can. It’s called “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me” It’s on the radio Saturday and Sunday afternoon’s. And, they have lots of recent studies listed on that show too.

Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #59

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
However there is a weekly news program that I try to listen to whenever I can. It’s called “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me” It’s on the radio Saturday and Sunday afternoon’s. And, they have lots of recent studies listed on that show too.
Yes- I especially like their "Which is the real story" segments. I get two thirds of my facts from those...trouble is, it's the wrong two thirds!
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #60
CBQ

I could care less what Fox News says, but Ford on the other hand...

I have a 2012 RV. The Ford Owner's manual says the warranty will be void if you use E15. No point about discussing whether it really is harmful or not. I can't use it under warranty.

The EPA also says you can't use E15 in a "heavy duty engine." Guess what your gas RV has? The newer-than-2001 guideline is for passenger cars. Your new RV gasser isn't rated for E15.

E15: Frequently Asked Questions | E15 (a blend of gasoline and ethanol) | Fuels & Fuel Additives | US EPA

I am really excited that fuel for my brand new RV will be getting progressively harder to find.

So the EPA solution is blending pumps with labels? Where does the fuel come from? Sounds like service stations would need more storage tanks and new pumps. If you run a service station, would you spend the money on that, or just slap the label on your pumps and exclude E10 customers? I'm betting the latter is the case and we are going to have a lot of trouble finding fuel down the road.
CBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #61

Quote:
The criticism that I don't watch certain stations because of political beliefs on my part is correct and a valid argument, I'll grant you that. Truth is I don't watch any news on TV. I feel it's all sensationalized. I read my local paper, I listen to my local radio news show at Noon, and yes, I do sometimes listen to NPR. But, whenever I hear anything, from any source, I take it with a grain of salt. I’ll listen but, unless I see the proof myself I am not easily swayed by things that I hear.

As for local stations they are not necessarily telling the facts.... as you put it, in my opinion, it is sensationalized. My proof is one night when I got home from a EMS call and I asked DW where the news story was about as it sounded similar to the call I was on. She stated it was the call I was on. My reply was no way as glaring facts were incorrect or I was actually sleeping and not riding in the ambulance I rode in as according to the news agency the second ambulance did not transport anyone.

...do you believe your doctor?

I am in the other boat though... I have a issue with the main stream media....
To each his/her own....
Old 01-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #62

How about another anti ethanol...
http://www.thegreencarwebsite.co.uk/...ays-new-study/
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #63

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
...do you believe your doctor?

Certainly not!

But I believe everything I read on the Internet!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #64
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Could we please stay on the topic of E-15 and the probability of it destroying engines? Doctors do not come into the equation, and the barbs at news media tend to be of one's political beliefs and has no reason to be in the thread.

All one has to do is search on the E-15 fuel and read for themselves what has been reported by many, many different media types. It is fact as it is presently known that certain engine types will have problems, for now.

It was news as originally reported at that moment in time and now has gone off the radar.

Moderators, unless you feel there is genuinely continuing interest in this thread, feel free to close it before it really goes off-topic.

Thank you.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #65

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
There's nobody reading this thread that will live long enough to see ONLY E15 available at typical gas pumps. I doubt that there's anyone even born yet that will see that day come.

Just watch the labels, folks...just like you do to insure you don't put diesel in a gas rig or vice versa!

You haven't lived in PNW, where they mandated E-10 in ALL grades of gasoline . I will not be surprised to see E-15 mandated before too long either.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #66

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
You haven't lived in PNW, where they mandated E-10 in ALL grades of gasoline . I will not be surprised to see E-15 mandated before too long either.

If by "PNW" you mean the Pacific Northwest, you might take a look at my avatar info...
Old 01-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #67

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

If by "PNW" you mean the Pacific Northwest, you might take a look at my avatar info...
Then you should be well aware of the big pushing for ever greater ethanol bio diesel use by the govenors of Oregon and Washington that has been going on for the last several years and know that e-15 would just as easily be mandated for all fuel grades just as was e-10.

Oregon would be the most likely to go first, given that it has a major anti-personal auto, all should use mass transit mentality driven by Portland.

Just look at the mess with the I-5 bridge and you can clearly see that you will likely see it within your lifetime. :P

Stupidity always gets the drivers seat around here while common sense is stuffed in the trunk.

At least Washington builds new and widens their existing
freeways and highways.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #68

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Stupidity always gets the drivers seat around here while common sense is stuffed in the trunk.
Not sure where we're goin' there, but...O.K.!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #69

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Not sure where we're goin' there, but...O.K.!
It's reference to the local thinking. Examples include the ever continuing expansion of the local light rail system even though it has never once managed to run in the black, closing streets to autos because cyclists don't obey traffic laws and wind up getting themselves hit by vehicles.

The list goes on and on.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #70

Vintage RV Owners Club

Words of wisdom from someone who lives atop fill created from the wreckage of the Vanport flood...

Just jivin' ya, 'neck!

I'm an Oregonian by birth and you're dissin' my home State.