Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #15

Water = 8.2 lbs per gallon. Gas 5.5 lbs pg....diesel 6.3 lbs pg do the math and figure how much fuel it's costing to haul water. Just in a 12 gal HWH is a hundred (98) pounds of weight.
RetiredFPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I finally figured out my problem. The screen on my regulator was completely clogged with dirt. YUKK I'm glad my coach has a filter but I gotta check it now. If it looks like that screen did I'm gonna be sick.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlkhorses View Post
Ours take about 15 to 20 minutes from almost empty and that is thru the city water hook up with a pressure regulator at the faucet.
X2.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Since we got our Oxygenics showerhead we can go days without having to fill the water tank.
We always travel with a full water tank. I don't think having a full tank has much affect on gas mileage. We still get crummy mileage whether it's empty or full.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #19

No need for the extra weight. We carry enough water for any emergency, otherwise we use the CG. If I have no need to dump I don't hook up, same for water. We carry drinking bottled water. When we get to our RV Resort lot then we connect, flush and sanitize. Seems to work just fine.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff
Since we got our Oxygenics showerhead we can go days without having to fill the water tank.
We always travel with a full water tank. I don't think having a full tank has much affect on gas mileage. We still get crummy mileage whether it's empty or full.
X2 on the Oxygenics. First time out with it I thought the gray water indicator had stopped working. People complain about gauges a lot, but mine have been very reliable - knock wood.

We were always conservative with dish water and used the Water Saver mode on the Tecma but showered as we pleased. It was clearly the biggest water hog. The gauges were fine and Oxygenics is worth its weight in gold.

As for carry - no carry of water. I don't like dumping fresh water on the ground - so it really depends on how we are traveling. If we will use it, we will carry it. If it will not be used and go skunky - we don't.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredFPD View Post
Water = 8.2 lbs per gallon. Gas 5.5 lbs pg....diesel 6.3 lbs pg do the math and figure how much fuel it's costing to haul water. Just in a 12 gal HWH is a hundred (98) pounds of weight.

Your numbers are good but i believe the logic behind the math might be in error. There is a lot more to mileage than just weight. We know for example that it takes more fuel to move 30,000 lbs up a grade than it does on level terrain. It's all about Horsepower.

looking at just the numbers, my MH weights 29,000 lbs. If I add 1,000 lbs of liquid, I have added about 3 % to my net weight. At the worst, this might add 3% to my MPG which would equal, if i normally got 9 MPG, 0.27 MPG

Also I bought a self-contained unit to be able to stop wherever/whenever we want so I fill the tanks.
ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water