Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 AM   #71

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyrver View Post
Better not let Al Gore hear you say that ,he'll fly over your house in his big jet and drop pamphlets stating this is settled science ,there are no other opinions allowed.

Wayne
Yawn! I'll just take pictures and turn him in for littering.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #72

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midniteoyl View Post
Its neither here nor there..
Heisenberg claims the results are uncertain!

Schroedinger says *.*

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #73

Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by She and I View Post
OK Try this,

Three travelers register at a hotel and are told that their rooms will cost $10 each so they pay $30. Later the clerk realizes that he made a mistake and should have only charged them $25. He gives a bellboy $5 to return to them but the bellboy is dishonest and gives them each only $1, keeping $2 for himself. So the men actually spent $27 and the bellboy kept $2. What happened to the other dollar of the original $30?
That's easy ...The rich should pay more taxes
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #74

Damon Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyrver View Post
That's easy ...The rich should pay more taxes
I hope we the people vote this year..Y'all
Richard
She and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #75

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Lets solve the mysteries of life.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we have a WINNER!!!!

Quote:
I hope we the people vote this year..Y'all
Richard
There you have it:
The mystery of American Life: SOLVED!

Francesca

P.S.

I kid you NOT.

F.
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #76

Damon Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I'm really sorry for the thread, I was hoping for some serious thought not trivia, my fault. I remember some of the serious questions discussed in the past. As always your humble servant, Hondo
Hondo122, You asked a very general question..So what may seem Trivia is Now up for some serious conversation as you wish...
As Atrophy goes...It is the loss of your stuff..be what ever it may be..
Responding to your OP...Is just that!.If you wish for more serious thought..Maybe We can Do!
Is it Testicular atrophy you wish to speak of, or Dementia...which I think we all nourish.on a day to day basis...or is it some other part of our body that is wasting away? Besides this thread>...............
Richard
She and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:42 AM   #77

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
My mother used to ask me what is the most important part of the body.

Through the years I would take a guess at what I thought was the correct answer. When I was younger, I thought sound was very important to us as humans, so I said, 'My ears, Mommy. She said, "No Many people are deaf. But you keep thinking about it and I will ask you again soon."

Several years passed before she asked me again. Since making my first attempt, I had contemplated the correct answer. So this time I told her, 'Mommy, sight is very important to everybody, so it must be our eyes.' She looked at me and told me, 'You are learning fast, but the answer is not correct because there are many people who are blind.'

Stumped again, I continued my quest for knowledge and over the years, Mother asked me a couple more times and always her answer was, 'No. But you are getting smarter every year, my child.'

Then last year, my grandpa died. Everybody was hurt. Everybody was crying. Even my father cried. I remember that especially because it was only the second time I saw him cry. My Mom looked at me when it was our turn to say our final good-bye to Grandpa. She asked me, "Do you know the most important body part yet, my dear?"

I was shocked when she asked me this now. I always thought this was a game between her and me. She saw the confusion on my face and told me, 'This question is very important. It shows that you have really lived in your life. For every body part you gave me in the past, I have told you was wrong and I have given you an example why. But today is the day you need to learn this important lesson.'

She looked down at me as only a mother can. I saw her eyes well up with tears. She said, 'My dear, the most important body part is your shoulder.'

I asked, 'Why, is it because it holds up my head?'

She replied, 'No, it is because it can hold the head of a friend or a loved one when they cry. Everybody needs a shoulder to cry on sometime in life, my dear. I only hope that you have enough love and friends that you will always have a shoulder to cry on when you need it.'

Then and there I knew the most important body part is not a selfish one. It is sympathetic to the pain of others.

People will forget what you said...
People will forget what you did....
But people will NEVER forget how you made them feel.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #78

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Hondo122, You asked a very general question..So what may seem Trivia is Now up for some serious conversation as you wish...
As Atrophy goes...It is the loss of your stuff..be what ever it may be..
Responding to your OP...Is just that!.If you wish for more serious thought..Maybe We can Do!
Is it Testicular atrophy you wish to speak of, or Dementia...which I think we all nourish.on a day to day basis...or is it some other part of our body that is wasting away? Besides this thread>...............
Richard
My apology, I seriously over estimated the seriousness of the folks on this site. I had hoped to provoke a serious discussion on the issues that face those of us that are baby boomers, healthcare, finance, fuel prices, etc. Sorry if I offended anyone, but they are the things that need serious thought!
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #79

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
My apology, I seriously over estimated the seriousness of the folks on this site. I had hoped to provoke a serious discussion on the issues that face those of us that are baby boomers, healthcare, finance, fuel prices, etc. Sorry if I offended anyone, but they are the things that need serious thought!
I don't disagree with your choices but they are topics that hover dangerously close to be political and the FPTBs (Forum Powers That Be) frown on that (just a statement of fact, not a critism). That's why I suggested discussing if global warming is manmade or not. I felt that might be safe and it is a serious topic.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #80

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
I don't disagree with your choices but they are topics that hover dangerously close to be political and the FPTBs (Forum Powers That Be) frown on that (just a statement of fact, not a critism). That's why I suggested discussing if global warming is manmade or not. I felt that might be safe and it is a serious topic.
Ladyfitz, I must disagree, I know there are folks that can express themselves without sliding into politics, religion or personal attacks. I've had these discussions on this board with people that are still members. Just can't figure out why none are willing to take up the challenge . I've read too many posts by highly intelligent folks who seem to be shying away from any serious topics. Maybe it's as you say they're afraid to anger the forum gods(that's with a lower case g). I just hope they haven't given up on IRV2 as it's still the best place to share ideas.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #81

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Well for heaven's sake, why don't you start a thread about one of those subjects?

I think your assessment of us is insulting, condescending, and false.
There are many threads at this site that solve very complex problems, and many of us participate in them in an effort to help each other out.
Some of them are so complex that undereducated types like me have to look up some of the words and concepts in the posts.

Your Original Post in this thread doesn't even ask a question, nor does it identify any topic that you think worthy of discussion.

Frankly, I think folks have treated it far more seriously than it deserves.

Francesca, Dimwit
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #82

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Well for heaven's sake, why don't you start a thread about one of those subjects?

I think your assessment of us is insulting, condescending, and false.
There are many threads at this site that solve very complex problems, and many of us participate in them in an effort to help each other out.
Some of them are so complex that undereducated types like me have to look up some of the words and concepts in the posts.

Your Original Post in this thread doesn't even ask a question, nor does it identify any topic that you think worthy of discussion.

Frankly, I think folks have treated it far more seriously than it deserves.

Francesca, Dimwit
Francesca, obviously your not taking my apology with the sincerity that was intended, I mean no offense. I enjoy some of the high spirited debates of the past. I like to be challenged and will at times take a viewpoint just to play devils advocate. I'm not putting myself above anyone, I'm just an old carpenter looking for a place to have some fun. I'm sure many on the site are better educated than I, but it's the challenge of a good debate that gets the old blood pumping, Again no offense meant Francesca.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:37 AM   #83

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Hunh? Mass produces gravity. Centrifugal force is produced by spinning. It's gravity that keeps the Earth's rotation from flinging us off the surface.
According to my physics professor, there is no such thing as centrifugal force (a force that causes something to fly away from the center of a circle. There is centripetal force that pulls objects into the center of the circle. Inertia wants an object to keep moving in a straight line. Centripetal force causes the object to move in the circle. In the case of us sitting on the earth, gravity acts as the centripetal force.

Here is how to prove this. Attach a hammer to a piece of string and stand in front of your car. Spin it over your head. When the hammer is directly between you and your windshield, let go of the string. If there is a force pulling something away from the center of the circle, the hammer will hit the windshield. If you aimed correctly, it won't hit the windshield. Instead of continuing around the circle, it will keep going straight at a 90° angle to the windshield.

What happened is that the string was applying centripetal force. When you let go, the centripetal force was removed and inertia made the hammer continue in a straight line.

How's that for thought provoking? It gave my brain some exercise!

p.s. Don't really try this in front of your car. Your aim may be as bad as mine.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #84

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschwarz View Post
According to my physics professor, there is no such thing as centrifugal force (a force that causes something to fly away from the center of a circle. There is centripetal force that pulls objects into the center of the circle. Inertia wants an object to keep moving in a straight line. Centripetal force causes the object to move in the circle. In the case of us sitting on the earth, gravity acts as the centripetal force.

Here is how to prove this. Attach a hammer to a piece of string and stand in front of your car. Spin it over your head. When the hammer is directly between you and your windshield, let go of the string. If there is a force pulling something away from the center of the circle, the hammer will hit the windshield. If you aimed correctly, it won't hit the windshield. Instead of continuing around the circle, it will keep going straight at a 90° angle to the windshield.

What happened is that the string was applying centripetal force. When you let go, the centripetal force was removed and inertia made the hammer continue in a straight line.

How's that for thought provoking? It gave my brain some exercise!

p.s. Don't really try this in front of your car. Your aim may be as bad as mine.
We must have had different physics professors.