Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2019, 11:38 AM   #1

What auto races are you attending or have attended this year?

As I am stuck not being able to get my RV ready right now due to Spring snow here in Ohio. I can only sit and ponder my upcoming season. I mostly enjoy sports car racing, but I mix in Indy Car and vintage races as well.

What auto races do you have plans for and or have already attended this year?

I am looking to get some more places to visit and wonder where anyone else may be going?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2019, 05:11 PM   #2

I like the offbeat stuff that is often hard to find. Always on the lookout for lawnmower racing, mud bogs, rock crawling, anything unusual that involves dirt & somewhat lower budget.
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrons31 View Post
As I am stuck not being able to get my RV ready right now due to Spring snow here in Ohio. I can only sit and ponder my upcoming season. I mostly enjoy sports car racing, but I mix in Indy Car and vintage races as well.

What auto races do you have plans for and or have already attended this year?

I am looking to get some more places to visit and wonder where anyone else may be going?
local racing is where I will be hanging my hat! great question, something posted here may change my mind!
[Mod Edit]
iamcaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:30 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Spent race week at Sebring for 5th consecutive year, have dibs on a couple spots trackside. This year was special with the WEC series joining IMSA to add another 10 hours to the usual 12. We're developing good friends returning each year and the racing is, of course, spectacular. See you next spring! Click image for larger version

Name:	20190314_140114.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	240450Click image for larger version

Name:	471838727.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	240451
Old 04-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #5

I was there, too! Sebring has been on my list since I was a kid, and I finally got the chance to go - kind of silly since I only live about 2 hours from the track.
We set up camp on Wednesday, and bugged out Sunday morning. I must have taken a billion pictures. We met some really nice people, and did the grid-walk for both races. We will definitely do this trip again.
kazeej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:52 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Turn 13, come say hi!
Old 04-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
All Nascar: Las Vegas (done), Texas (done), Kansas, Chicagoland, Kentucky, Brickyard, Texas, Phoenix. We will only have 3 left to visit: Sonoma, Michigan, and Martinsville. Hopefully get them next year!
crockdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:36 PM   #8

Motorsports Calendar Based on your Zip code

Here's a handy link if you're looking for track events: https://www.motorsportreg.com/
Enter your Zip & figure out where you need to go, events are listed 90 days out.
The entity sponsoring or sanctioning has to list the event for it to show up, but you'll see a lot of events you'd not be aware of.
Clemson State of Mind
wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigzag03 View Post
Spent race week at Sebring for 5th consecutive year, have dibs on a couple spots trackside. This year was special with the WEC series joining IMSA to add another 10 hours to the usual 12. We're developing good friends returning each year and the racing is, of course, spectacular. See you next spring! Attachment 240450Attachment 240451
It may not be next spring. But I am hopeful. It would have been great if this year could have happened. The wife was out of work, but I could not get the extra time off for myself to make the trip. TV doesn't do justice for what I am sure was a great couple of races down there. And track side is the only way to go.

And yes the meeting and seeing people year after year is a great aspect of it all. This year will be our 6th for the IMSA series at the Sahlen's 6 hours at Watkins Glen. A great bunch of people at the top of the hill at the heel of the boot.

Turn 8 camping at Road America for IMSA was an excellent time. We were in the middle of a group of friends/RVs that had been at that spot for many years. They truly made it a special event.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimpy View Post
Here's a handy link if you're looking for track events: https://www.motorsportreg.com/
Enter your Zip & figure out where you need to go, events are listed 90 days out.
The entity sponsoring or sanctioning has to list the event for it to show up, but you'll see a lot of events you'd not be aware of.
Now I am truly glad I through that question out there. This looks like an excellent resource. thanks so very much for sharing the link!
Old 04-03-2019, 09:09 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm itching to do the 6 hour then cruise on up to Mosport, which follows close behind. Won't be this year but on my list!
Old 04-03-2019, 09:14 AM   #12

Tried to go to the COTA Indy Car race but schedule didn't work out and we will be on the road when IndyCar is in our backyard at TMS dang it.
Maybe we can make Iowa on our RTB this summer.
Gave up on Nascar 5 or so years ago. Now it's Indy and IMSA. Go Corvette Racing!
Old 04-03-2019, 06:31 PM   #13

The Formula one race in Austin is on the schedule this year! I used to track exotics so we still visit some California tracks now and then.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:45 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
The Formula one race in Austin is on the schedule this year! I used to track exotics so we still visit some California tracks now and then.
Define "exotics" Baha

Tags
ace