Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2021, 10:37 AM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyC View Post
We have 1992 Fleetwood bounder. Our last trip out we broke the entry steps. When the outside step extends we need to have a brace under it to take any weight. I didn't have the brace on it & my husband stepped on the step & it broke. The whole bottom step inside now moves now. It looks like it has just rotted away from the frame or whatever the metal step is attached to. Have no idea how to fix it. :(
The entry step should be bolted a steel cradle, which is fastened to the coach floor with some lag bolts, and fastened to the exterior wall frame with bolts or screws.

I'm going to assume rust or cracks have caused the cradle to part from the body. I'm also going to assume the upper bolts to the upper interior floor are good.

You may find the screws going into the steel box tube are rusted away, or you may find the tubing needs to be repaired/replaced. Hopefully the fix is easy. Either way some exploratory surgery will be needed. Possibly same fiberglass repair work if part of the box tubing needs to be cut away, and a new section welded in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Step.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	345979  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2021, 10:00 AM   #198

Only one night in New 5th wheel

We have had one type of camper or another since 1974. Decided to splurge and get a new 5th Wheel (2021 Roamer) Our first (and only) night in it (actually on our way home from picking it up on August 30) the brand new refrigerator quit. We took it to a Jayco dealer in Middlebury IN. It was there for over a month and they hadn't even ordered a part or new frig. They told us if we didn't like it, come get it! We have now moved it to Ft. Wayne with hopes of it getting fixed.
Vernadene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:23 AM   #199

Couple things this trip. The hinge metal strip on one of the bay doors came loose so I used a liquid metal adhesive to weld it. The washer drain valve got clogged by a coin and the filter broke when I tried to remove it. The plastic valve cover still sealed so was able to use the washer while trying to locate a new filter assembly.
mebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:03 AM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernadene View Post
We have had one type of camper or another since 1974. Decided to splurge and get a new 5th Wheel (2021 Roamer) Our first (and only) night in it (actually on our way home from picking it up on August 30) the brand new refrigerator quit. We took it to a Jayco dealer in Middlebury IN. It was there for over a month and they hadn't even ordered a part or new frig. They told us if we didn't like it, come get it! We have now moved it to Ft. Wayne with hopes of it getting fixed.
That dealer was not very nice at all. I understand supply issues right now, but not ordering the refrigerator at all. That's is inexcusable. Hope the dealer in Fort Wayne does a better job.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:26 AM   #201

Hope the dealer in Fort Wayne doesn't screw up anything else replacing the fridge.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:33 AM   #202

still on my last trip 2 days ago middle AC Mach 8 squirrel cage came apart and an hour later front AC started drawing high current ( suspect cap is bad) swapped squirrel cage from front to middle will deal with front later.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:51 AM   #203

Transmission. No warning, noise, nothing. Went from freeway cruising @65 mph to suddenly no response to throttle. Bright sides were that I had just come through a stretch bunch of road barriers on BOTH sides of the road where there would have been no possible place to pull over and I would have been blocking a lane. As it was I did not have to call 911 and called a buddy with a 12 ton tow truck instead.
Bonus was I had a load of grandkids but the oldest chose to drive our toad instead of us pulling it. So it was easy to pile them in with him and have him evac them to the house.
Also we were 90 miles from home. So the tow wasn't expensive. He wanted to just charge me fuel but I forced more money on him.
We were going with two other family pull behinds. So got the SUV and piled into daughter's camper with here so our weekend trip was delayed and sans RV, but still happened and otherwise went well.
Lastly, my transmission is an E4OD which I know well inside and out. Once I get the behemoth extracted I'm looking forward to finding out what the heck happened and applying as many of the known updates and upgrades to it during a rebuild or refresh, whatever it needs. I had planned to do some things to it already but it had been behaving just fine.
Bad, yes? Could have been ever so much worse? You darn betcha, could have been awful to deadly.
GypsyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:11 AM   #204

Texas Boomers Club
Not even into my next trip and the Shower Head will not let water pass. New Oxygenics ordered and installed
Old 10-19-2021, 09:53 AM   #205
IC2

Last trip - guess so as the toilet water valve wouldn't close when winterizing. Being a Thetford Style ll, there is a replacement base for around $75 so that's the way I'll go since we got 7+ years with this one. If it fails again, then I'll upgrade to a Dometic 310 or 320 but only as a last resort as this 5er may go down the road with a new owner in another year or two.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:10 PM   #206

Engine door struts quit holding the door up
Must have only had one working ?
Northwest RV supply here I come
Gdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:16 PM   #207

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog View Post
Engine door struts quit holding the door up
Must have only had one working ?
Northwest RV supply here I come
Did you check Amazon or Ebay? Might save a buck.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 07:33 PM   #208

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
It does seem that there is always something breaking or needing attention. I think one of my rear shocks failed.. Still on our trip about 3k miles and 30 days. Had a celing light cover fall and crack. I found it it on amazon and will order a day before we head home. Had the sliding mirror lactch break. It's always breaking I order in 2 packs.

I have 3 new rattles/squeaks. Screen door and shower developed a rattle. I think I can fix it. Also, when I air up to ride height i get a squeak when I walk around. I think I found it. FrMe to suspension bushing. So I will take it to the frame and suspension shop and have new rear shocks and a squeak fixed
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:16 PM   #209

Damon Owners Club
2 issues; 1. leveling system pressure switch started leaking externally, which would trigger a jacks down alarm, about every 2 minutes, for about 2 seconds.
2. Front anti-sway bar end link bolts loosened up, causing popping every time I turned the wheel, any way I turned the wheel.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:22 AM   #210

July of 2020 I bought a 2003 Fun Mover. Got it home and gutted it, rebuilt it, wiring, plumbing, cabinets, basically everything. Absolutely nothing failed until I decided to sell it. Then one of the few things I did not touch failed. The stair motor. Easy fix but why when I wanted to sell it.

Bought a 2007 Damon Outlaw to replace it. It had the right price so I figured I would need to do a few things. Drove it 200 miles to get it home and found a water leak at the water pump, bad fitting. And again the stair motor failed. Been in it now for 5 weeks and all seems good. We will se what happens when we leave for Colorado on Nov. 1

Don't count everyday, Make everyday count
Grabcon is offline   Reply With Quote