Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2021, 05:54 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Gator View Post
Last trip? 2 things...

1. Black tank valve would not seal and I got the gift of poo when hooking up at our last stop on the last trip....
I hope somebody got pictures.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2021, 05:59 AM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Cool wars stories...

Well my awning got stuck on one sode, older manual, left side upper gizmo jambed, lucky some one had a tall latter ..
Then Saturday nite, Genny surging after a new fuel pump 2weeks ago, back to the drawing board, carb on order.. LOL

winter coming what else can happen.. let you know monday, taking a short trip this weekend..
sibe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 07:04 AM   #45

Well this was our first time out in august it started when turning into the camp ground blow out a brake line. I then checked in and they said do you have a water pressure regulator as the water pressure is very strong I replied yes. I set up camp and took dog for a walk came back to site and neighbor said I shut off your water cause it blow out your hose ( I put regulator on wrong end of hose. . Ok time for bed I'll replace hose in morning. Woke up bought new hose turned on water to find both faucets leaking in bathroom. I went and bought new faucets and installed the new sink faucet then had to tear out hallway wall to replace shower. All good ready to pack up to leave, after repairing brake line went to close 20' awning found it tearing on corner. Got home ordered new awning hopefully this weekend can replace that. Next weekend we are hopefully going camping and nothing will go wrong.we'll have to seeee.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:29 AM   #46

Here is a very rare one.
I was driving west on I 80 just west of Cleveland, OH when my stop engine light came on.
Wow! I was freaking out. I. Was praying to all the gods that it wasn’t my DEF head. I got to Great Lakes Freightliner in Monroeville,OH.
They found my accelerator pedal power cord was 1/2 disconnected. It was NEVER locked in place. They pushed it in to lock it and I was on my way. They said it probably was never locked in place.
I only lost about 2 hours.
If it completely fell off my motorhome would have be derated to 5 mph max.
Basically, it would have been necessary to tow it to a repair shop
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 07:45 AM   #47

Last trip was 1300 miles and I didn't have anything break. It was a miracle.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 07:53 AM   #48

We were heading out for a weeks fishing trip in the boondocks with my rig. We got about 5 miles from home when we lost 4th gear and torque converter lockup. pulled over and tried an off /on ignition cycle to see if it would fix the problem . No luck so we continued on our way , just a little slower . I know many would have returned home . The spot is in a remote location so there was very little traffic on the road and no cell service. I have a complete service manual and scanner that I carry with me. Had a great time and got back home. Now to figure out the problem.
Old 10-03-2021, 03:36 PM   #49

Budget.
ThorAce2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:44 PM   #50

Had a no start condition while at the campground. Previous day had a few sketchy starts. After much monkeying around, determined that it was the truck crank relay underhood in the black box. Luckily the box lid has a diagram with labels on the inside. Swapped "crank" for "a/c comp" (same style relay) and started right up.

Now carrying spares of these relays.

Travelling With Black Labrador Retriever
szn8tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:50 PM   #51

Thumbs up Road vibration through Colorado.

Re: That's my story, what is yours?[/QUOTE]
I76 Colorado requires (RMNP)you to stay in Right lane unless you are passing. Some portions of the Right lane are so bumpy, it will drive you batty. Well the bathroom ceiling fan is controlled by a ceiling mount switch. The knob and hex nut both vibrated off, lucky I found them but could not attach them until I pulled the whole unit down and reached around inside to hold the switch and mounting hardware firm. Lock Tight applied this time. Also remote control for bedroom TV quit, was not the batteries either. Never did figure out what the problem was (and I used to be a TV repair man)but lucky I inherited a spare Flat Screen TV and I replaced it. My friend discovered that his new Winnebago 24D has a battery operated wind alert module built into the Canopy, that system beeps every 45 seconds when the batteries go bad, the whole campground could hear it! Took him hours to figure out what it was but it was an easy fix.
Sven55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:52 PM   #52

Toilet valve... again...
mark103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:55 PM   #53

Propane solenoid failed 300 km from home in Ontario on trip to the maritimes. Returned home and bypassed the solenoid with a brass 1/2 pipe connector, some pipe dope and we were back on the road in 2 days. Would have fixed it on the road had I known I could simply replace the solenoid, I though it was mandatory but the part is discontinued from the dealer. Dw now enjoys hot showers and heat and a functioning stove
JoeyGirouard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:58 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwadted View Post
Lippert dual synchronous controller for the schwintek bedroom slide, went out at Mammoth Cave. after lots of trial and error diagnosed as bad slide controller (Lippert 13398-C2)on one side, alternated plugging/unplugging leads to good side to extend/retract for rest of trip, till we got to Memphis where i got a new control box, $626 including tax, ouch
I had exactly the same controller go out about a month ago. $380 on Amazon. Just a plug-in replacement, no need to pay anyone. If they charged $300 for a three minute job they are seriously unethical.
rsgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:59 PM   #55

RV Issues

On my last trip heading to Florida from Penna. my basement heat pump failed. Had the heat pump repaired last season and lasted less than a year. Replaced and $5000.00 later back on the road
asupt11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 04:00 PM   #56

First of all I am laughing so hard at this question! Ain't it the truth! We bought ours in March and I swear every damn trip it's been something! So right now we are dealing with the water heater. Called dealer, told us one of three things....fuse? Nope. Circuit panel....that's next, but we won't know til we take her on the road again. We have to store it at a lot, so no hookups to check. Very slow and inconvenient! Wish us luck 🤞
Booklove714 is offline   Reply With Quote