Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2021, 03:02 PM   #57

Left rear inner tire, side radiator. Still waiting for repairs.

2000 Monaco Executive. 350 Cummins.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #58

Just back from 24 days to the UP and back. GFCI failure, CO/Propane alarm failure.
Viasolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #59

try some dielectric on the connecter for the toad lights quitting
greenstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #60

Tire

Agree something always happens. Pulled into our site in Pigeon Forge, Tn and started set up and found the tag axle tire was totally flat and based on condition had been for some time. Fortunately it stayed on the rim and just flopped around keeping the rim just off the ground. The tire was destroyed from a concrete nail through the edge of the sidewall. Most likely picked up at a construction site on 75. This was my first tire experience in 18 years of rv travel. Fortunately I found a truck tire shop one mile from my park and drove 5 miles an hour to keep the tire on the rim.
mebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:07 PM   #61

First extended trip for us with our new-to-us twenty year old Class A. A week out, the male 30 amp plug burned up. Had to drive 70 miles to gat a replacement. Then went to fill the propane tank for the generator, and the remote fill line had a pinhole. Luckily, we were able to gat by on what we had, and made it home a week later.
Our MH has two frame-mounted propane tanks. The one for cooking is accessible directly thru a hatch, but the one for the generator had a remote fill that ran from under the driver's seat all the way to the rear corner on the passenger side - even though the two tanks are side by side in the frame - and the lines were buried with all the electrical between the frame and the floor of the coach. I abandonded the lines and relocated the remote fill connections to beside the other tank. 5' hoses instead of 30', and don't have to move the coach to fill both.
Old 10-03-2021, 03:08 PM   #62

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Two months and 7107 miles, only issue was we lost the front heat pump. Both AC still work, just not the front heat pump. The part is already ordered should have it fixed next week.
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:10 PM   #63

Ford Super Duty Owner
HIT a tree Went home
100amp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:20 PM   #64

Definition of RVing:
Going to nice places and fixing things😂
doak125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:25 PM   #65

National RV Owners Club
Last two days

Deming,NM Lightning struck transformer approx. 75' in front of our MH. When park power came back on most of our 110 V i dead.

Left Deming, rough ride! found broke U-bolt on rear suspension. MH at Freightliner service center in Tucson, AZ waiting for parts.
Old 10-03-2021, 03:26 PM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Our stairs broke (would not work).
Drove over SC roads…..stairs working again
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:26 PM   #67

The coolant fitting for the air compressor failed on my way north out of Las Vegas near Pahrump. Cruising along when the warning light "Turn Off Engine" came on. I checked and the thing was just pouring coolant out of the engine. I said this is not good. After dancing with my insurance company for an hour, found a tow company, and a place to fix the problem in Pahrump. Back on the road the next day. The tow cost more than the repair.
RVsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:28 PM   #68

First night in Mesquite, NV starting a 30 day trip to Colorado and Utah from San Diego. Extending #3 slide (Pax-B/R), hydraulic hose connecting to the slide-out burst leaving one corner of slide about 6 inches extended. No one to work on hydraulic line as a lot of interior cabinet stuff has to come off to get at the slide actuator where one end of the burst line attaches. This requires an RV tech, not an auto mechanic, and I had no idea how to disassemble it. So--- after three days had to abort our vacation, secure slide with a heavy strap, and limp 400 miles back home. It will still be three weeks before anyone can start the repair so Colorado fall color photography will have to wait until 2022. (More about this will be posted in the CC owner's forum.)

2007 Country Coach Intrigue 500, 4 slides.
PBK Images is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:32 PM   #69

Splendide is not splendid

2005 Southwind 37C. Wife was so happy to have combo washer/dryer. First time using it (my clothes) it kept rinse spin rinse spin rinse spin, would not stop. The control knob just kept spinning. It finally stopped but door lock would not open. Broke the handle. After having muscle bound son in law help me remove it from cabinet I brought out the biggest Craftsman flathead screwdriver I have and was able to open the door to get my still wet after 5 days clothes out. Because we were still on the road we put machine back in place. Plan is now to throw it away and make a nice new bathroom cabinet and lighten up the coach by 100 or more pounds!!! I’ve watched the YouTube videos for the electro magnetic door lock bypass but just the little plastic handle replacement is $50-$80 on Amazon. I don’t think it’s worth fixing because of the limited capacity anyway.
Springerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 03:33 PM   #70

We left with a full fresh water tank. Two days later the indicator said we were down to 1/3rd. However the grey tank indicator only said 1/3rd and the black was empty. No leaks that we could find and the water pump only turned on when we turned on a faucet. I guess the fresh water tank indicator is bad.
Suru11 is offline   Reply With Quote