Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2021, 03:50 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
What broke while on your last RV trip?

Those of us who have been doing the RV game for a while realize that something goes wrong on almost every trip. I thought it might be fun...well maybe not fun...it might be interesting if we talked about our latest mishap...big or small!

My latest; in the middle of the night while camping near Rocky Mountain National Park the canister that contains the water filter split up the side and all our water was pumped out onto the ground. Fortunately the rupture was in an area that was open to the outside and NO damage was done.

I was able to remove the water filter and pull the plumbing together for a temporary fix until we got home. I paid $21 for a new water filter housing from Lowes, $15 for plumbing pieces and 3 trips to Lowes because I can never anticipate everything I need!

That's my story, what is yours?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2021, 03:55 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Got lucky this last trip!

Only issue was wife's footrest sometimes wouldn't lower !

Bit of grease in some key places when we got home, and all is good in the world again !
Old 09-27-2021, 04:00 PM   #3

Strings in both large-window sets of day/night shades decided to give up the ghost within two hours of each other.

(Great excuse to finally wash them!)

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:01 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Slide out topper ripped 7/8 off, needs replaced.
Drawer latch broken.

JUST MORE FUN FOR ME ��!
AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:05 PM   #5

That small 6" white Camco hose for the fresh water inlet,
sprung a leak between the hose and the brass fitting.
I called Camco. They had me send them a picture of the hose,
no receipt copy or anything else. Said they would replace it.

A couple of weeks later, TWO showed up in my mailbox.
Yay Camco!

O LLOYD
O Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:10 PM   #6

Lippert dual synchronous controller for the schwintek bedroom slide, went out at Mammoth Cave. after lots of trial and error diagnosed as bad slide controller (Lippert 13398-C2)on one side, alternated plugging/unplugging leads to good side to extend/retract for rest of trip, till we got to Memphis where i got a new control box, $626 including tax, ouch
Old 09-27-2021, 04:17 PM   #7

I just returned from a 33 day, 5,800 mile trip out west from Michigan. About a week into it I replaced the dual LP regulator that leaked for about one week before I could figure out where it was leaking from. It was probably related to the Jayco recall. One regulator, two pigtails and two 20 lb. tank refills later and I was on my way. On the way back to Michigan, I took a rock to the windshield and cracked it coming into North Dakota from Montana on US-2. The windshield was just replace today.
Stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:24 PM   #8

Nothing has broken on my coach since April when one of the fittings on a trans cooler line started leaking. Had to order the part from Ford, but it was an easy fix.
Hurricane-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:42 PM   #9

Black tank valve started leaking. Fun stuff.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:25 PM   #10

About 2/3 tru a 3,200 mile trip. So far the toilet lid hinge broke and I messed up the female connection on my 50 amp extension cord but that’s on me. Hoping that’s the extent of it for this trip.
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:27 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Water heater pressure/temp safety valve decided to start leaking. A quick trip to Home Hardware in Golden, BC, and off to the races again.

Nice that we were dry camping within walking distance, and they had one in stock.

Also good to have T tape and tools along.

Like my signature says, "You can always spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!"
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:28 PM   #12

I stayed at Ft Wilderness. My wallet broke
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:40 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Cabinet latch and got a rock in windshield.

Fortunately it did not spread and I got it fixed today. Stone chip repairs with my deductible are free so far.

Do not want to have to find someone to replace my one piece front windshield.

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:48 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
On the way home from South Dakota my lights on my toad stopped working. Could not figure out why. We were about 150 miles from home so the DW drove the Jeep home. A couple of days later I hooked everything up and it worked. Have triple checked everything I can think of. Still working today.