Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2021, 07:16 PM   #211

Gracie did great! Sparky (the golf cart) had issues.
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2021, 07:09 PM   #212
PKI

The driver's side mirror worked loose and turned out of alignment. The Allen wrench needed to tighten the set screw was missing from the ones in the tool kit. Was able to tighten up the mirror with a fastener bit that fit with a struggle. Yes, you do need a full tool kit.
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:23 PM   #213

Parked our MH in the garage, did some work underneath, removed ramps and moved the MH back to the wheel chocks and shut it down.
An hour later I needed to move the slide room out, pushing the switch did nothing. I checked all the fuses, power was to the motor solenoid.
I sat in the driver chair and pondered this when suddenly I noticed every time I pushed the extend switch the brake warning on the dash would illuminate.

Then It dawned on me_ I had forgot to set the parking brake.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:26 PM   #214

Winnebago Owners Club
Carolina Campers
I got one back on the last trip. My water gauge has been off since we bought the coach new. I finally pulled the cover off, rearranged the sensors and they now work as designed.
GrantR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:22 PM   #215

While camping a Coles Creek State campground on the St. Lawrence Seaway this past summer a sudden wind burst caught my awning and bent the support arm. I made a temporary repair to get home. In trying to get a replacement arm, I found out that my Dometic awning is a special build part for Winnebago and has been obsoleted by Dometic, with no replacement. The arm is 3" longer than a standard Dometic awning to allow the awning to clear the side out under it. My MH is a 2012 Winnebago Sightseer 33C. The 33C was produced through 2018 with this awning. Now myself and owners with MH's like as little as 3 years old have no replacement awning if damage occurs.
What appears to be the Corporate structure of many of the RV manufactures and RV systems suppliers is all about quick profit and to supply no support.
I was able to straighten the arm (not easy) and replace the spring tensioner that also broke. It's not prefect, but I guess it will have to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5903.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	347271   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5994.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	316.1 KB
ID:	347272  

rini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:56 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmar View Post
Oh oh……did it again. Another great trip with no flaws (that I’ve noticed!). Are we blessed or cursed?….don’t know!! The coach, driver and copilot are very happy. Last run starting the 18th then Minnesota winter bedtime, it’s been a mild fall. We’ll see how that trip goes.
[emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]

We’re back! The coach and all associated systems worked as they should. Sweet! However, the Progressive Industries
EMS-PT50X portable EMS unit decided not to play anymore. So….nothing on the MH broke….technically. PI are supposed to be very good at customer relations so we’ll see how well they handle this one. No one has answered or returned calls yet.
Time to put her to bed.
bobmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 06:02 PM   #217

Winnebago Owners Club
Just completed a two month round trip from TX to OR and WA … about 5,200 miles … the little clip that holds the windshield washer tube and sprayer nozzle onto the driver side wiper broke.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 06:25 PM   #218

The plastic handle that holds the screen door to the main door broke in Hattiesburg MS. Went to an RV parts house with the broken part in hand. They “matched” it up and sold me a replacement for $23. Put the thing on and threw the receipt and the box in the kitchen trash and then threw the trash bag in the dumpster…and the bag rolled way to the back of the dumpster…but the door just did not work right. I was not going to go dumpster diving to dig the receipt out. Chalked it up to lessons learned. Fortunately I had the original part on the floor of the truck. Stopped in a Camping World on the next leg of the trip and found the right part for $18. Problem solved.
MikenDebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:24 AM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by rini2 View Post
While camping a Coles Creek State campground on the St. Lawrence Seaway this past summer a sudden wind burst caught my awning and bent the support arm. I made a temporary repair to get home. In trying to get a replacement arm, I found out that my Dometic awning is a special build part for Winnebago and has been obsoleted by Dometic, with no replacement. The arm is 3" longer than a standard Dometic awning to allow the awning to clear the side out under it. My MH is a 2012 Winnebago Sightseer 33C. The 33C was produced through 2018 with this awning. Now myself and owners with MH's like as little as 3 years old have no replacement awning if damage occurs.
What appears to be the Corporate structure of many of the RV manufactures and RV systems suppliers is all about quick profit and to supply no support.
I was able to straighten the arm (not easy) and replace the spring tensioner that also broke. It's not prefect, but I guess it will have to do.
When we bought our older coach the same issue was present- a bent extension arm. A replacement wasnt available, or not easily available anyway. I disassembled it, and very carefully bent the arm back strait. Now I must admit I have a 10 ton antique arbor press in my shop, but if you can disassemble your bent part Im certain a local machine / fabrication shop can straiten things out for a reasonable cost.
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 07:53 AM   #220

Newmar Owners Club
Generator won't start on the last trip, so in the shop it will go I guess. Normally I would try to fix it myself , but age is catching up on me. so off to those better equiped to do the work
Old 10-28-2021, 04:34 AM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-Am.Star View Post
Generator won't start on the last trip, so in the shop it will go I guess. Normally I would try to fix it myself , but age is catching up on me. so off to those better equiped to do the work
Yep we've had that issue also. Heres a thought. Call your most local RV dealer and check if there's someone in your area that performs mobile service. We have a guy in our general area. He drives right to your camper and performs repairs. Most items I can fix myself but there's a fine line between time and $$$$$. Sometimes Im just super busy and it makes more sense to pay for a repair.
rcnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:06 PM   #222

The magnetic switch for the Kwikee step failed, a first! I'd never seen on fail before. A tap with a toe was all it took to get it to retract or extend at need, but the new switch is a generic one from Amazon, and it works great. (I bought a pack of two, so now I have a spare I will probably never need!)
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 08:14 AM   #223

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Heater core started to leak the last few day of our trip 4 week trip. Got back a week ago ordered core and installed a new core.

Also, I ordered new rear shocks. Will install this Friday. Putting the camper to bed until mid late January.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:05 PM   #224

3 Months, 5500 miles, toilet seal leaking after new flooring install, replaced by Mobil RV tech (I don’t enjoy plumbing work). Month later Kwikee steps stuck out, found a control module for my older series 32 steps, steps working again. Two weeks later, stuck out again, almost home so pulled the pin, pushed them in and deployed bunge cords. Ordered new gear box and electric motor only to be told my gear box and motor are out of production. Must order a series 32 ‘step kit’ to upgrade, waiting for it as it’s on back order so, still step less. Previously purchased control module is obsolete as well.

Now have a slightly used obsolete control module as a souvenir!
speedway is offline   Reply With Quote