Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In the lower left hand corner of every post is a red triangle with a numeral 1 in it. If you think a post is out of line or violates the forum rules, click on the triangle and report it. Let the moderators do their job.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #44
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Ok, let's get back to discussing whether or not the uptick in personal spending is or is not a sign of economic improvments & drop the chatter about what ethic segments are or are not doing. We're straying into offensive comments about certain groups which are against our Community Rules & .

Thank you.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #45

The economic data does not point to an uptick. Not yet. While I am doing well, I'm in a growth industry. There are still many who are not and housing is tough along with profitable job increases.
Helotes2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #46

Now as for the number of people accompying an RV or house. We go to a horse show every year and its me and 6 other females and a dog. Before you judge, when I get up in the morning I had to go out one door and walk around the camper to the back door to get to the kitchen so I could make a cup of coffee. Talk about tough times. However my neighbor commented I won the lottery!
Helotes2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have packed the dogs in and several people on the floor. Air mattresses are great for guests as I am an early riser and I just pop the valve and get out of the way Gets them up super fast Of course it's my rig so I get the bed I make coffee for those days the night before and heat it up on the burner outside.

On the economy side entries for the shows have been going down the last few years and there are nowhere near as many people showing up. I haven't seen a bunch of people for several years at shows they have been going to for many many years. The superintendents and clubs, because the entries are down, push up the fees for overnight parking and entries and make the problem even worse.
People are hurting or cutting back on some things.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #48
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry White View Post
They are spending all the money they are going to save from free health care maybe?

Take a look at this receipt. Let me know what you think.
Just a quick update on this Louis Cuff was charged with fraud today not because of what he bought but because after he bought it all he sold it for "pennies on the dollar". There are additional receipts one for $$159.42 and $171 and change.

He could face up to 5 years in jail, and four others could possibly be charged.

The above was taken from WLUC TV Green Bay.

Story link
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:11 AM   #49

Seems as was previously mentioned, there are two economic poles. Haves and havenots. The middle income earners in our society appear to be vanishing, leaving the two afore mentioned groups. A sad commentary for our nation. It is extremely difficult to pinpoint the reasons with so many choices and opinions out there.
I do not think that racist, bigoted remarks belong here either but evidently the moderators do not seem to mind.
It is a little surprising, for want of a better word, to understand how folks with so much willingly defame the less fortunate and include their biases also. Kind of giving "rich" a bad name wouldn't you say?
"Rich" in the sense that many have the obvious means to live this wonderful lifestyle yet the small mindedness to say such derogatory things about their neighbors in this land.

Madisons
Old 06-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madisons View Post
Seems as was previously mentioned, there are two economic poles. Haves and havenots. The middle income earners in our society appear to be vanishing, leaving the two afore mentioned groups. A sad commentary for our nation. It is extremely difficult to pinpoint the reasons with so many choices and opinions out there.
I do not think that racist, bigoted remarks belong here either but evidently the moderators do not seem to mind.
It is a little surprising, for want of a better word, to understand how folks with so much willingly defame the less fortunate and include their biases also. Kind of giving "rich" a bad name wouldn't you say?
"Rich" in the sense that many have the obvious means to live this wonderful lifestyle yet the small mindedness to say such derogatory things about their neighbors in this land.

Madisons
Well said. A man never stands so tall as when stoops to help those in need.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #51
laj

choices are all about rewards, and consequences.
Choices start out early in life,and those choices dictate how
one will finish, and what the trip will entail. Just because of some poor, or different choices, doesn`t mean that just because you want it, you get to have it. Alto that is changing, it is the demise
on what, and how this country was founded, and that is what is going to finish putting this country down. It has started, and now there will be no stopping it.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #52

In my life I have been very rich at times and at times very poor. Sometimes it was a bad decision that brought me to my knees and at other times it was out of my control. I don't think the majority of people that are unemployed made bad decisions or want to be in that position. I don't think the immigrants living 10 to a house really want it to be that way either. They came here for a better life.

Our leaders in past years have given this country away and have taken our rights away. Greed within the government and business has also left us here in this very bad position. The average person has no real control over it all and most are just trying to survive. God help our grand kids graduating because they will have a very hard time in this "new world".

You may have money and be well off now but it could end tomorrow and there may be nothing you can do about it. You should try to see the "other side" so you know what to expect and what to do when it happens to you.

As another poster said "There before the grace of God go I"
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #53
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
Our leaders in past years have given this country away and have taken our rights away. Greed within the government and business has also left us here in this very bad position. The average person has no real control over it all and most are just trying to survive. God help our grand kids graduating because they will have a very hard time in this "new world".

"
I'm not sure that ALL of the blame can be laid at the feet of governmental and industrial greed. The "average person" sometimes participated in work stopages to continually bid up wages and benefits paid to labor... leading in part to jobs being shipped abroad.

JMHO

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #54

Heartland RV Club
There is a woman who works in my DW's office who is always complaining about hard times . she has two kids and a DH . She is on the smart phone with all of them all day while on her smoke breaks, Just got a new 50 inch flat screen tv, and four cars in the driveway . She has the nerve to look down on my DW and I for having a big RV.
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #55

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I remember in the 60's when the media made a big deal out of Nixon opening up trade with China. It was supposed to be a good thing. I think what they hadn't counted on was the US labor market having to readjust to compete with cheap 3rd world labor.
We as consumers can only buy so much "stuff" from abroad before our economy can no longer sustain itself. To become competitive in todays world market our labor force must "readjust" to the rest of the world. I believe this readjustment will eliminate much of the middle class. America will still be the land of the free. We will have room for entrepreneurs to become rich, but I predict the working middle class will vanish.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #56

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I'm a German/Irish working class woman who lives in a very wealthy community. In defense of the Mexican population nearby, they are as a rule the hardest working group I have ever met. They are mowing the fancy lawns, working on the constructions sites and doing all the jobs nobody else wants. Go past the day labor locations and there are dozens of spanish speaking men begging to work for anything you will pay them. Many times well below minimum wage. They are trying to support their familys, not standing in welfare lines. There are good and bad in every race and every community, it's not fair to direct comments towards any one group. The teenagers nowdays are not mowing the lawns or working at McDonalds because everything is being handed to them on a silver platter. Somebody has to do the dirty work.