Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2012, 08:59 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I think this is quickly going down into a discussion of religion and the government.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Fleetman - good post.

Getting away from just "Old White Men", most of the more senior citizens here remember when you worked for all that you got and were always accountable for your actions.

If you needed bailing out you called the Coast Guard.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #17

How soon we forget the Reagan deregulation of Savings and Loans and the resulting Lincoln Savings, Keating and the S&L debacle. The Phill Gramm deregulation of banking and the Wall St bailout. The 135 billion dollar bailout of AIG and its foriegn investors. Can we trust banking to do what is best for America?

The fact that half the population of the US pays no taxes includes those living in poverty, Social Security recipients, and low income families. It also refers to federal income taxes. All Americans pay taxes, even your children, as sales taxes etc. Also 3300 milionaires paid no fed income tax and many large corporations. Why cant I get the same largesse?

Wall St has traded our industrial and economic might for profits. Close down factories and send them to China. The CEO gets a 28 million dollar bonus and so what if no jobs remain.

The question is? How are we going to create millions of good jobs when there is no place for our children to work? Baloney from both parties will not create jobs.

I truly worry what the future holds for our children. Wall St. sold our technology, outsouced our jobs, sent our factories to China in seach of short term profits. But what is left - but too few jobs selling China made junk at Home Depot or Walmart.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
How many have really read or studied the constitution? Not many. Oh alot think they know about their rights but they have not researched the constitution. I don't mean to listen to someone else tell them about what they want you to think is in there. I mean really research on their own. You will be very surprised on what you find out.
Actually not just the Constitution but the Federalist Papers and writings by our founders, that way they know the reasons behind what was written in the Constitution and it's amendments!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Mr_D I am a biblifile, I stumbled on a very old school book. It has not only the complete contitution but all the other papers that were written about this country and stuff. I really wish kids were taught the whole thing and not just some of the parts. But then if they did that most would learn things that certain groups don't want known. And if I say too much more it will head down the path of religion and politics. People should learn on their own and not just listen to one station or one party or one person. The papers in that book are pretty much what is on http://www.earlyamerica.com/
Old 02-01-2012, 05:39 AM   #20

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Actually not just the Constitution but the Federalist Papers and writings by our founders, that way they know the reasons behind what was written in the Constitution and it's amendments!
I agree. Many of the words in the Bill of Rights have been perverted by some who want them to mean something far different than the founders intended. The problem is that the Federalist papers are written at a level of vocabulary that cannot be matched by many of today's educational graduates.

Someone asked about solutions. To me the solution is pretty simple. The voting public has outsourced their responsibility to understand their choices to the media. The media is only too happy to accept that responsibility and spoon feed people information. It isn't what the media presents but what is conveniently ignores that is the real problem. I do understand and agree that the factual content of media reports can also be suspect but it the parts of the story, the other side of an argument, that are missing most of the time.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #21

Well, sorry, I can't stay and read any more of this. I have to leave for work so someone out there can get an access card. Be back for lunch....
Old 02-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
Fleetman, WNYTaxman, and others I could not agree more.

I am not rich by any means I am over 50 and have been working since I was 12. Retirement what is that? I figure I will be working well into my eighties just to break even.

I have what I have only because I worked for it. Now I wonder if my children will ever get there head above our nations huge debt, or if I will have anything to leave them. JR
Old 02-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
i just want to say"Amen" to the op before this is taken down
brianj
Old 02-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
You have an opportunity to learn about our founding documents: hillsdaleoffer.com/constitution101
Old 02-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What does this have to do with RVing??? Can't you take it to some other forum?
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Old 02-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sage View Post
What does this have to do with RVing??? Can't you take it to some other forum?
What Forum would that be?

This is just conversation

Ron
Old 02-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #27

Freightliner Owners Club
Involved and interesting discussion, has a part in everything we and the country are facing.

Benefits: Outsourcing helps Walmart, they build parking lots, RV's stay there.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesgr81 View Post
The question is? How are we going to create millions of good jobs when there is no place for our children to work? Baloney from both parties will not create jobs.
The answer is, do WHATEVER IT TAKES to make the USA *THE* place in the world for corporations to do business.

Businesses are the most predictable entities in the universe. If Acme Widgets can make a widget for $1 less by moving its factory to Mexico, guess what they'll do? Predictible, every time, without fail. If I were a stockholder, I'd expect no less.

This is a GLOBAL market, and a relitively young one. We aren't just competing against the store across town anymore. We need to get businesses to bring the jobs back, AND get foreign companies to come and set up shop here. We currently have the most business-hostile environment in the world. That has to change if we are to recover.
Closed Thread