Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2015, 10:05 PM   #1

What Is The Most Unusual Wildlife You Have Incountered At A Campground?

We are in Livingston, Mt at present and just witnessed and took a picture of a rather unusual wildlife walking thru the Yellowstone Edge Campground. Any others have a story and a picture to share?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Run away pig Yellowstones Edge RV 8.13.2015.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	352.2 KB
ID:	103363  
Czar Of Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2015, 10:32 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Robidoux RV Park Gering, Nebraska

Coatimundi tied to a tree. Turned out to be a lady campers pet.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:34 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Hope the pic works, this wolf Was heading for the road, after we stopped the car. He looked both ways, and then crossed, before a second look of us. By then I had the camera ready
Try it once more
480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:15 AM   #4

It's not an unusual animal, but something to think about. We usually store our BBQ in one of our storage bays when we are done using it. We went to the Mammoth Lakes(Ca) campground which is more in the City part of Mammoth rather than the CG's up closer to the lakes. While checking in they had a warning about leaving BBQ's out or in MH storage bays as Bears had ripped open a few MH storage bays after smelling the BBQ's. I put my BBQ in the Bear Storage locker each night after using it, and each morning we had fresh Bear tracks all around our MH, and surrounding area. Thankfully they had not tried to get into our storage bays.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Four drunk teenage couples in the motorhome parked next to us. Was quite a show though.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Four drunk teenage couples in the motorhome parked next to us. Was quite a show though.
I was goign to say "My next door neighbors" but .. Well. you said it.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #7

iRV2 No Limits Club
My son and I saw a pelican swimming on Bartlett lake in central AZ around 30 years ago.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #8

We have two bear families coming through our campground in NE Georgia every night. One night, they got my Coleman electric refrigerator. I can tell you they do like bacon and butter. The swat of a claw destroyed the fridge--holes in it.

What's funny is the black bears are afraid of any dog--no matter how small. I don't know why our campground doesn't get a pair of labs or goldens to ward off the wildlife.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
When I was a kid, camping at a KOA (Bozeman, MT, maybe), we came across a lady walking a de-scented skunk on a leash. Didn't smell de-scented to me! I didn't stay around to investigate whether it was or not!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:59 PM   #10
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Pulled into a “campground” late one evening. Next morning opened the door to a herd of goats at the door. Turned out the guy put us in the middle of his goat pasture. It was a long time ago but I’ll bet it was a cheap overnight stay.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:14 PM   #11
doc

Appalachian Campers
We were hosting in the Black Hills and came across a tiny creature (I think it was a weasel) working hard to drag a squirrel - much larger than it was - across the road. A couple of days later I saw one running in a circle near the shower house and it ran under a car. Still don't know for sure what it was.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:29 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Camped at Doris Campground in the Witchita Wildlife Refuge in Oklahoma. We woke up one morning to an entire herd of bison grazing their way through the campground. We had a popup without a toilet, but no one was really interested in heading to the campground bathrooms until the bison left.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:15 AM   #13
bap

back when i was a kid about 20yrs old i was tent camping and left an opened can of tuna at the front of the tent,,,,that night i layed face to face with a fox whyle he ate the tuna,,,,i have seen alot of different wildlife but that one stays with me,,,was kool..
Old 08-19-2015, 08:06 AM   #14

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We got mobbed by sandhill cranes and wild turkeys when we arrived at Kissimmee State Park in Florida. Apparently previous campers had been feeding them and they expected the same from new arrivals.

Tags
campground