Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #71

I think I'd burn it.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #72

All good sugestions:
When the going gets tough; "well" you all no the rest.
No one ever said life was easy; I"m like the every ready battery, just keep going and going. Midas is real close to where I live, and I intend to wear them down; I will keep taking my truck back, and back, and back. they will sonner or later either fix it themselves or get some one to fix it for them. (so far, after the first charge; they haven't gave me a bill). unlike the first place I took it too that billed me every time I took the truck back.

Heres the latest---went down and picked the truck at 6 oclock. drove it home; A/C worked on the way home. (I"ve had this happen before) so I won't get to excited just yet.
When I took the truck down this morning, I told the manager he was wasting his time putting a new thermister in, and suggested instead that the system was loaded with mosture from all the work that they had done.
low and behold when I picked the PU up the manager told me that they had vaccumed the system and put a new dryer in and recharged the system.
It made cold air on the way home; its only 2 and1/2 miles but the A/C did put out cold air.
Time will tell; I"m holding off getting too exicted till I drive it for awhile; I thought they had it fixed before, but that didn't last.
I've lost track of how many times I"ve had my PU in to have the A/C fixed.
Leaving for North Carlonia Sat. so I'll let every one know about the A/C when I get back in a week or two.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #73

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Originally Posted by Mr_D
Problem with trying to do a charge back through your CC company is that if the merchant disputes it and provides the billing to back it up they keep the money. And, yes, we used to have a business and took CC. Had a customer try that on us, we kept the $450 but had to pay a $25 "investigation fee".
The customer is NOT always right!!

I"ve reread your post" sounds to me you think I"m trying to screw the first shop that did the work; after four attempts at my A/C, and charging me again and again for the same thing; do you think I should just keep going back? Sorry but usually three strikes and your out; I gave these guys four tries.
Nope, but some people think that disputing a charge is the thing to do if YOU think they are wrong. The credit card company can't rule as to whether the charge is correct or not unless there was outright fraud. If the shop decides to dispute the chargeback and they have the billing with a customers signature on it they will win every time. It doesn't matter to the CC company how many times you took it back for the same work, you signed the slips saying you authorized the charges. At that point the CC company considers the charge as a proper and approved (by you) charge. Now, if they had charged your card without your authorization that's a different matter and is fraud. All the shop has to do is provide copies of the signed work orders/charge slips and they win.
When the card holder signs the charge slip they are guaranteeing that the work was done to their satisfaction and will pay the amount owed as shown on the slip.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Nope, but some people think that disputing a charge is the thing to do if YOU think they are wrong. The credit card company can't rule as to whether the charge is correct or not unless there was outright fraud. If the shop decides to dispute the chargeback and they have the billing with a customers signature on it they will win every time. It doesn't matter to the CC company how many times you took it back for the same work, you signed the slips saying you authorized the charges. At that point the CC company considers the charge as a proper and approved (by you) charge. Now, if they had charged your card without your authorization that's a different matter and is fraud. All the shop has to do is provide copies of the signed work orders/charge slips and they win.
When the card holder signs the charge slip they are guaranteeing that the work was done to their satisfaction and will pay the amount owed as shown on the slip.
You got me thinking so I went in my records and checked the recepts I have to see if I signed any.

Guess what? ---I didn't sign any of them. Now what?

It's play bad you lose. You are %100 correct about signing the charge slips.

When I took the PU to Midas when they completed the work they got me to sign the charge slip. I have only been charged one time at Midas.
As of now after the last trip to Midas (there was once again "NO" charge to me) the air seems to be finally working. I"m holding my breath.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #75

Winnebago Owners Club
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfire1339 View Post
Melvonnar,

I would give the credit card company a call. Never know it may work.

Mike
My wife and I always use a credit card for any purchase ove $100. For insurance. If the purchase turns into a bad experience, we call the credit card company to protest the charge and stop payment. It works for us. Mastercard is very cooperative.
Indian Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #76

Heres the very, very, latest; Our trip to North Carolina got cut short; wife came down with the flue.
Now to the A/C--------------it worked for-----------------two days.
I give up on these local "EXPERTS" I'm taking the PU to the Toyota garage; can't do any worse there than the other two "EXPERTS' I'm down about $1600 bucks so far; what's another 4 or $500 :I will get this thing fixed:
Old 10-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #77

Took it to Toyota:
Charged $50.00 to check A/C. said they found nothing wrong; sure enough I tried the A/C and it worked fine. Drove home A/C is working fine ( I been down this road before). next morning got up got in truck, started up, and turned on A/C; took about 15 seconds before compressor came on.
Turned off motor waited a minute restarted PU, turned on A/C; took one minute for compressor to start.
Turned off engine, waited two minutes, started motor and turned on A/C.
Guess what? A/C never came on.
I know there is one who calls himself an expert who is following these posts; question? what would you do with this problem?
Me; I got out my shop manual and started to study the wireing diagram. traced the A/C switch wireing to an A/C amplifier; jumped the switch wire across the amplifier; and guess what? the compressor kicked in;
My question is why is it that all these "EXPERTS" couldn't figure this out?
Question? Is the A/C now working? answer; Yes. for how long? If it quites I'll post it here.

I got a letter from the CC company; they have given Advanced auto 30 days to dispute the dispute.