Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2019, 07:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Well Scott, a construction accident in a rock quarry long ago (Cat 777 backed over my van crushing it with me in it), old age and arthritis are taking their toll. Arthritic bone spurs keep locking joints (neck, lower back, knee and now fingers) that were damaged in the accident. I asked my doctor "what joint is next?" and she said " it will probably will be a race." I questioned "a race?" and she continued "yes, a race between a old age death and the next joint!" Gotta love her humor!
Race is on with me as well. Pretty much same joints as yours.

When I was studying medicine at UF, we were taught the design limits of our bodies is 49 1/2 years. Modern medicine has extended the live expectancy but done little about quality of life, especially as it relates to structure.
deltam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2019, 07:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
Yes, but when colleges are having to teach courses on basic home life skills like doing laundry one has to wonder about the current crop
They used to teach Home Ed. In high school. Class of 69
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:32 AM   #17

This thread reminds me of a picture I saw some time ago of a sign on a post. The sign said simply: IT IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN TO THROW STONES AT THIS SIGN. I recall it did have a couple of bullet holes though.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix2551 View Post
They used to teach Home Ed. In high school. Class of 69
My mother was a Home Economics teacher for 33 years. I got the full course at home! Yes, I can sew, cook and do laundry. Comes in handy when your're widowed.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:54 AM   #19

Unfortunately, in todays society, internet access is considered a right and not a privilege. So if people see a computer they think that it is their right to access the internet through it. They are wrong, but good luck explaining that to them. I also was in a Dr's office (Vet though) that not only did they not lock the user account when unattended, I also had access to the system, instead of just a KVM. They tried to explain that the application logged out of itself when not in use and so therefore my personal information was safe. They were not all that happy when I demonstrated to them otherwise, and rather quickly.

Remember folks, I don't care how secure your password is, or if you even use biometrics to lock your system...if I have physical access to the system, I own that system and all of its data in less than 1 minute.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:56 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
My mother was a Home Economics teacher for 33 years. I got the full course at home! Yes, I can sew, cook and do laundry. Comes in handy when your're widowed.

I'm certain both your mom and late wife were proud of you and I'm sure you miss both of them more than you can write about.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #21

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
BigD9. Back in the 80’s when I worked in a dental office that still had paper charts we had a code that we'd use to warn each other about, uh, unusual or difficult patients. In bottom left corner we would write such things as SC for scaredy-cat or PIA for Pain in the A$$. Some of the codes I can’t repeat here.

I suspect your chart has a similar warning.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #22

I worked in a VA ER for 6 years with a computer in every room. No one ever touched them and there are plenty of young adults coming to the VA. Except once, a little kid crawled up and banged on the keyboard, hit a sequence that called a code. The patient and her family just about had a heart attack when the code team rushed in.
nancybninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Well Scott, a construction accident in a rock quarry long ago (Cat 777 backed over my van crushing it with me in it), old age and arthritis are taking their toll. Arthritic bone spurs keep locking joints (neck, lower back, knee and now fingers) that were damaged in the accident. I asked my doctor "what joint is next?" and she said " it will probably will be a race." I questioned "a race?" and she continued "yes, a race between a old age death and the next joint!" Gotta love her humor!
Well BigD,
Sorry to hear of those ailments you have. Life's tough enough getting old, much less throwing physical damage to the body somewhere along the line. Too bad we can't install ZERK fittings at all our joint intersections huh?
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:13 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well BigD,
Sorry to hear of those ailments you have. Life's tough enough getting old, much less throwing physical damage to the body somewhere along the line. Too bad we can't install ZERK fittings at all our joint intersections huh?
Scott
Shoot, my ailments are minor compared to others. Its just part of life. I'm just grateful we have superb doctors and equipment that can make us better, and allow me to stay on these forums a bit longer to bug others .

Like the ZERK fitting idea. As we all get older we could use a shot or two of lube!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:14 AM   #25

Be careful having manners these days like 'sir' and 'mam'. You could be sued for what used to politeness.
justfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:47 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfishing View Post
Be careful having manners these days like 'sir' and 'mam'. You could be sued for what used to politeness.

Very true. While I was still doing that dirty 4 letter word called "work" I was going out to dinner with a group of colleagues I had just met. I held the door for two ladies in the group and stood till they were seated at the table. One of them looked at me and said "you must be from somewhere other than California because we don't do things like that here! The other lady said "Oh shut up, I loved it. Its been a long while since a gentleman held the door for me!" Then she added "but you can lay off the 'mam' stuff, it makes me feel old". We all laughed and had a great meal.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:56 AM   #27

Go down south and hear see stuff like that all the time. Up north they tell you where to go!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:31 PM   #28
tcg

My doctors walk into the exam room with their computer, I've never been in an exam room with an unattended computer.

I drive my wife nuts though because when I get bored I will play with anything in the room. She gets embarrassed when the doctor walks in mid play.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote