Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #99

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As far as I can tell the plan I signed up for is as good or better than what I had with regular A & B

I just received a letter from SS stating that I would be receiving a check for $96.40, which I have already received, and from here on out I would be getting and increase in my SS check of $96.40 every month.

Let me seeeeeeeeeeee how can I spend that extra $96.40 a month

So far so good.

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #100

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron & Dee View Post
Wayne,

If I need a doctor's care out of state when I travel I will have a $10.00 co-pay.

Ron
IF YOU CAN FIND A DOCTOR that will accept your insurance plan out of state. This also applies to hospitals. Go to your plans website and do a search for out of state providers that accept your part C Advantage plan. You may get a surprise.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #101

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
IF YOU CAN FIND A DOCTOR that will accept your insurance plan out of state. This also applies to hospitals. Go to your plans website and do a search for out of state providers that accept your part C Advantage plan. You may get a surprise.

-Tom
My hospital is still covered under my part A and my retirement hospital supplement.

If I can't find a doctor when I travel out of state, maybe I should start saving my $96.40 for those times

Ron
Old 02-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #102

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron & Dee View Post
My hospital is still covered under my part A and my retirement hospital supplement.

If I can't find a doctor when I travel out of state, maybe I should start saving my $96.40 for those times

Ron
Ron,
If you have an Advantage Plan then you can not file under your Part A or B. That will mess up the system and cause you a whole lot of headaches.

What you need to do if out of your network is follow the instructions that you were provided at the time of enrollment. It should have been explained to you exactly what you needed to do if you needed medical help while traveling.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #103

I still find most of all this confusing - we have Medicare A and B - plus Blue Cross supplemental - which includes drug coverage. We have NO dental or eye glass coverage - the BC supplemental costs me $197 a month, and my wife's is about $237, she was just raised when she turned 75. Out here in the backwoods of eastern Oregon, we're sorta limited as to what supplemental plans are accepted, and BC is the most common - not sure as to it's acceptance across the country in RV travel.

Here's a video as to what the proposed health care "improvement" would do if passed in it's original form - I think there have been SOME changes in the latest form - but not much:

Question is, HOW will the changes affect what is currently being discussed and bragged about in this thread - $96 a month refunds and such - and WHAT coverage is likely in real world RV travel - or even at home, for that matter? What SEEMS like the best coverage in the world, is no better than the doctors and facilities who will honor it - and how MUCH of it is still valid if the proposed changes DO finally become reality - as *I* fully expect they will!

As of today, the health care changes SEEM to be on hold - but the Democrats have given notice that they fully plan to return to it once other more pressing issues are resolved - so I, for one, won't consider it as dead until I see the tombstone...

For me, still LOTS of concerns and unanswered questions...

(MODERATORS! This is not, or INTENDED as a "political" post, but rather, as nearly REALITY in what we're faced with as *I* see it - it's NOT about Democrats vs Republicans, or liberals vs conservatives - but IS about what we ARE faced with now - and MOST LIKELY, will be faced with tomorrow! I'm not looking for debate - just meaningful ANSWERS!)
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #104

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
Ron,
If you have an Advantage Plan then you can not file under your Part A or B. That will mess up the system and cause you a whole lot of headaches.

What you need to do if out of your network is follow the instructions that you were provided at the time of enrollment. It should have been explained to you exactly what you needed to do if you needed medical help while traveling.
Charles & Martha,

You are correct, I shouldn't have said Part A will cover my Hospital. I do have a Hospital supplemental that will work no matter where I am located.

My insurance plan does state that if I am out of network and need care they will pay their share if that care is urgent, Hospital or Doctor visits.

My insurance plan now covers what I had in original medicare part A & B.

I would like to ask the question to anyone who has followed this thread; Has anyone who has a Medicare Advantage Plan, ever been denied care when they are out of the network, and if covered did your plan pay their share of the cost?

Thanks,

Ron
Old 02-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #105

Does this mean that you now do not answer to Medicare A & B at all, and are under the rules of the new insurance? Can your insurance company now say you make to many claims in a year and end up canceling you out? That's always my fear with private companies regarding our health as we get older. Sure hope this works good for you and especially if out of net areas when you need it most. Of course on the road you're probably not going to make any routine office visits unless you come back home to make those type of appointments. On the road, everything will be urgent care or emergency care I would imagine. Watch the wording of what qualifies as Urgent and Emergency care. BTW Ron and Dee, thanks a lot for keeping us posted on this posting. Several of us are probably watching how this is turning out. If it fails you. we want to know, if it turns into a great success, we want to know.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #106

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wayne,

Everything I had under Medicare A & B is now covered under my new insurance.

I'll ask my PC doctor some of those questions and try to keep everyone informed as I find out more about my coverage from my new insurance. The Doctor I have is the same one I had under my Mecicare.

You are right about any care that I would need while travelling would be urgent.

I will post any negatives I find in my new Health care Insurance Co.

Ron
Old 02-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #107

If you are traveling for long periods of time (months) it is very nice to be able to get your meds at places like Wal-Mart that have all of their computers hooked up and can refill my Florida prescription in OR with no waiting. No such thing as out of network. That is exactly why we went with B and D and have used them all over.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:24 AM   #108

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
SS check update

Just to keep those who ask updated with my Medicare switch, I received my first SS check since I changed my Medicare coverage and the $96.40 was in there.

I didn't have any doubts about it not being there since I received a letter from SS stating that it would be in my February check.

Ron