Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2002, 12:40 PM   #71
DJ

Art,

Silly question, did you email him at croak@pacbell.net or did you leave in "nospam" and try to send it to nospamcroak@pacbell.net?

The nospam is in there to prevent automated "spamming" of his email address.

If you already knew this....disregard...

99.5 Ford F-250SC 4x4 Powerstroke Diesel
99 Golden Falcon 25 MGT Fifth Wheel.
DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2002, 02:14 PM   #72

DJ, No I didn't know that. Thanks for informing me. Art

1996 Bounder 28T
---P* VXPP58A---
Old 01-28-2002, 07:28 PM   #73

My turn?

I have been a Federal Corrections Officer for approximately 9 years now after serving several as a Military Policeman.

I currently am a leader of the Regional Emergency Response Team (Canadian version of SWAT) which keeps things exciting.

My wife, Nila is a Registered Nurse working in a Psychiatric Hospital Intensive Care, so needless to say, I'm well looked after!

We started camping in a two man pup tent, "upgraded" to a 4 man (ooh, ahh), then bought a used tent trailer. We then upgraded to a small TT and then for the last few years our 99 Jayco 25'. We look forward to retiring and hitting the road with an even bigger TT or 5th and travelling months at a time.

What a great way of life......c'mon Spring!!!

Cheers
Chris
http://roadfrog.irv2.com/

1999 Jayco Hawk 24BH
1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo V8
Roadfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2002, 07:33 AM   #74

I am kinda new here, Just found this site from a link posted on a site I frequent that caters to Diesel Engines... Anyhow...

My name is John, and my Partner is Derek. I was born and raised in Appleton, WI just south of Green Bay. A Short time in Milwaukee, and then a short time in Green Bay, and now we are looking for aother house in Milwaukee.

Derek is from small town IL, and we met in Green Bay about 3 years ago. He is a bit over 30 and I am 28. Derek is a Lotus/Domino Developer (Computer geek) and I have been managing a small trucking company. Friday was my last day there as my contract was up and we wanted to get back to Milwaukee. Derek has been in Milwuakee for the past 6 months, and this living a part stuff is getting pretty old. So I am back in the Job Market, which I hope my search ends soon, so I can enjoy the summer camping, and not worring about $$.

I can't leave out the third memer of our family, My cat skipper. We don't travel with him a whole lot, but when we go for a longer trip we take him with. He like the camper and is right at home. We adopted him from the Green Bay shelter. I don't think he was a housecat before he was with us, when he came home he found things like the TV an water dishes very forien to him. But 2 years later he is definatly the king of our house.

In High School I did alot of camping/parting with my buddies and two of us chipped in to purchase a small old Popup for $200.00. Well, with the heavy abuse of teenagers and nasty little mice it was destroyed and became a nice little flatbed trailer after I stripped it down.

Shortly after the Popup desinigrated I bought a 29 foot boat, played with that for 3 years or so and finally realized boats were pretty much nothing but a hole in the water to throw money in. Don't get me wrong, we had alot of fun with that big old cruiser, but the fuel bill was never pretty and $500.00 weekedns were not uncommon with no one else bucking up to take the presure off. It is amasing how many friends you have when you own a boat, and how few you have when you sell it!

After selling the boat Derek and I decided to purchase a camper. We wanted something with minimal setup because of the past experiances with the Pop-ups and Tenting, which I hated pulling into the campground at 10pm friday night to setup in the dark or sleep in the car in the rain...

We bought this Hornet in May of last year and have had a blast with it since. My next one will be setup for winter use, this one isn't so bad, but I want a insulated one with fiberglass sides, etc. The trailer fits our needs right now, and is nice to have the 2 extra bunks, but next time I would rather have the bigger bathroom.

Thats all for now! Hopefully we will get the chance to meet some of you fine folks on the road!

John and Derek

1995 Hornet 27H
1996 F250 CC SB 4x4 PSD w/ 5spd
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 12:35 PM   #75

New Horizons Owners Club
We are John and Cyndee, Native Texans whose jobs have taken us on an adventure in Georgia for the past 14 years.

We started backpacking just after we were married in 1978 and converted to heavy-weight tent/car camping when the first kid came along in 1985. We have two and they are both now well into their teens. In 2000 we graduated to a pop-up. Wow what a difference! Two king size beds and an air-conditioner. I never knew I could come home from a camping trip and be so rested.

We are now on a "ten-year-plan". By 2012 both kids should be finished with college and we will convert our lifestyle to fulltime status. We have been doing a significant amount of research and have already decided that a 5'er is going to be the best choice for us. Many of the forums in this BB have been helpful in that decision - thanks everyone for your contributions.

For now we take every chance we can get to hit the road. The area around Atlanta for short weekends (it is remarkable how many really nice camping places there are around here), neighboring states on long weekends, and trips out West to CO and TX for the two and three week vacations.
jperry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 06:10 PM   #76

Mr_Unstuck first:

Retired from a 21 year Air Force career, then 14 years in graphic and computer arts, became Unstuck last year August 8th when he stood up at work and declared his freedom from the daily grind (he had the letter of resignation in his pocket for several days).

Mrs_Unstuck at last:

Finished a 30 year plus career as an RN, working the last several years on a night shift in a heart cath. step-down unit. Last January decided no more night shifts.

Stuck for 15 years--now Unstuck
Winnebago Journey DL 2002, 36' LD
Cat. 330 Turbo, Freightliner Chassis, Allison Elec. Six-Speed,
BrakeBuddy, 2002 Saturn SC-2, BlueOx TowBar, Walther Security, DataStorm Sat. by MotoSat of Salt Lake City
http://www.irv2gallery.com/gallery/P.../MotoSat08.JPG
Mrs_Unstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 02:56 AM   #77

Hello all from working-on-it wannabe.

Bill: Clergyman, former law enforcement officer.

Georgianne: Medical office manager, much younger (and better looking)

We are planning to semi-retire and travel all over the nation while Bill does interimships (serving churches that are in between full-time pastors) and crisis intervention ministry for churches and judicatories which have experienced major upheaval.

Working out the details well except for MAJOR confusion over whether a motorhome or fifth wheel would be our best choice. HOPE to have it all in place by the first of the year.
Saddletramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 07:05 AM   #78

Married to the love of my life and soulmate June for 30 years. Work in the Broadcast Industry,presently and for the last 35 years (CHUM Television Ltd.). This is year one for us in our Class A never camped before, but love it. We hope we stay healthy enough to be able to meet all of you.

2000 National Seaview 34
Old 07-08-2002, 06:36 PM   #79

I'm Vaughn, Wife is Adria. We were married in 1956.
My family camped a lot when I was a kid (several years all summer was spent in a tent), and I have never stoped.

Now we have a 30' fiver for when we both go.
I often take the pop up with a friend camping in the remote areas.
It's allways a big wall tent for 10 days or more Elk season. For a number of years we packed in with mules (used a 10 X 14 tent then), that is the very best camping in my book!! Often sorry we sold the pack animals.

I retired in 1994 partially and fully in 1999 as a Trial Judge for the state of Oregon.
Hi. New Grandma----I'd guess it was your Roy who used to work on my '84 Ford at Crater Lake

Vaughn
vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 06:57 PM   #80

I'm Clark with wife Robin, kids Kyla and Keven. I'm 42, been camping for 30 years and the past 21 with the wife.
I'm a Firefighter/Paramedic with the city of Redondo Beach Fire Dept for the past 18 years, born and raised in So. Cal. Robin, born and raised in So. Cal also is a woman's personal trainer, has her own business.
Daughter Kyla goes to Pt. Loma University in San Diego and son Keven is a senior in high school.
We camp all over, from the dunes in Glamis and Dumont to the beaches of So. Cal to Sequoia to Northern California.
Took the ultimate camping trip in the summer of 1998, drove truck and trailer through all 48 states over 72 days. Saw National Parks and Monuments, baseball games, roller coasters, you name it.
Hope to become full timers in about 12 years when I can retire.
This is a GREAT site, and I proudly show the IRV2 sticker on my trailer.

Happy Camping!!! Clark

2001 33' Nomad 5er Toybox
2000 F350 PSD CC with all the goodies!!!!
http://community.webshots.com/user/clark_carney

2005 F350 PSD CC DRW Tow Boss
C.CARNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 07:51 PM   #81

Monaco Owners Club
Dont know how I missed this post over a year ago but saw it tonight for the first time--great idea-have met some of you already and hope to meet more. I am Tom and married this July 31 for ten years. Was in the corporate world in insurance claims--no I dont want to hear about what that ins company did to you !! Left ther when we merged since I did not want to leave Florida and move to St Paul MN !!-- My wifeCindy was also in the cliams business. We bought a florist shop-knowing nothing about it and have been with it for 4 years in Oct. Planning our first long trip in our first MH --going to Grand Caynon and New Mexico for the Hot air show in Oct. Any suggestions-send them our way

2001 Adventurer 35U-W20
2001 CRV
Tom and Cindy
Old 07-09-2002, 05:54 AM   #82

Very interesting, but not enough Canadians telling their stories! C'mon folks - lets hear from a few more Rvers from the 'frozen north'.

We (Helen and John) live in the country in south-central Ontario, Canada about an hour from Toronto, London and Niagara Falls.
Helen is a retired teacher and I was a Contracts/Customer Interface/Project Manager type person in the Electronics/Communications hardware mfg. industry.
We have been together for 10 yrs. (married for 6) and are both second-timers in the marriage game.
Helen had been a camper (tent) since childhood, so when we when we got together we started off with a (very) used Coleman pop-up tent trailer which we enjoyed for a few years before moving up to a new Coachmen fifth-wheel and Dodge Dakota tow vehicle in '97. We discovered that we both really enjoyed everything about RVing - the freedom, the great people you meet at campsites and on the road and began to think about fulltiming someday.
Last spring (2001) we sold the fiver outfit and bought a '92 GulfStream 30ft. SunClipper class 'A' as a learning tool for our future fulltiming life. As with most things in life, we learn most by doing and we are learning a lot from the old SunClipper.Of course, I will make some mistakes when we get around to buying our 'home-on-the-road' but with a bit of luck, they will be small ones!
Enough about the hardware - During my working career I lived in Long Beach and Glendale, CA and Bellview,WA so we certainly will spend some time on the west coast as well as any interesting places along the way. We will be selling our home before we go on the road so will be keeping our eyes open for a place to settle as we travel.It's a bit scary to pull up roots and move on, but it seems like the right thing to do while we are both able to enjoy the ride.
Helen paints and draws and I want to get back to my Photography hobby and really enjoy RV mods and maintenance, so we won't be bored.

See you out there!
Happy RVing!

John & Helen
near St. George, Ontario, Canada
SnowVilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 07:06 AM   #83

I'm probably one of the youngest on the board at only 26. Been camping all my life. Been in tents, tent trailers, 18' TT, 26' Class C, 28' fiver (pulled doubles with it). All sorts of trucks, Ford F250 and F350, Chevy 1500, and even a nissan pickup. But all of those were the family's. But being 10 years older than my twin brothers I was typically the one hooking up everything. It gave me lots of experience with all sorts of rigs.

Now my wife and I are living in our 36' Cardinal LE fiver and love it. We are based at a park near Pismo Beach in California and work in San Luis Obispo. I am a network administrator for a web-based financial company. Half our weekends are spents at Lake San Antonio with the boat. Our spare time is spent directing Triathlons(www.tricalifornia.com), one of which is the second largest in the world(very close 2nd).

Just wanted to introduce myself after 75+ posts.

Mike

"99 Dodge Ram 2500 V10 Quad Cab 4x4, 5spd, 4.10 rear
turnoverball gooseneck with rv companion fifthwheel hitch
Jordan brake controller
2002 36RLE Cardinal LE
1989 Malibu SunSetter Ski boat
36ft Wells Cargo enclosed gooseneck.
mbwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 11:00 AM   #84

Jayco Owners Club
Hi,

I'm Jerry Smith, and I am a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Certified Novell Instructor for a computer integration and training firm here in Mechanicsburg, PA. Most of my time is spent here teaching folks how to set up and manage their networks and email systems, with the occasional consulting gig thrown in for good measure. Started teaching in the private sector in 1995 after I left the Navy. I was in the Navy for 12 years, 3 of which I spent as an instructor in Pensacola, Fl. My wife Cindy is an accountant for Bookspan (formerly Book-of-the-Month Club) here in Mechanicsburg. We have been married since 1988 (her first, my second). We have 2 kids together, and we gave them Biblical names: Joshua and Satan (actually, her name is Rachael, but she is a demon ) I also have a daughter, Jessica, who just had her first daughter, Marissa. I grew up in Cleveland, but have lived in Cincinnati, Orlando, Pensacola (3 different times), Philadelphia, San Diego, Norfolk and Virginia Beach and now Mechanicsburg.

We have been camping for a few years in a tent, but both Cindy and I camped with our folks when we were kids. Last year we bought our hybrid, a Jayco Kiwi 23B, at the Harrisburg RV Show, and we love it. First BIG trip is coming up when we head out to Minnesota to meet up with some old Navy friends and join them for a trek out to Mt Rushmore and the Black Hills.

Jerry Smith
2002 Jayco Kiwi 23B
2001 Ford F150 SuperCrew XLT 5.4l V8
2001 Ford Explorer XLT AWD 5.0l V8
See our Kiwi @ http://www.geocities.com/jcjrsmith
JCJRSmith is offline   Reply With Quote