Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Where do You Live?
Rural 56 31.82%
Small Town 43 24.43%
Big Town 11 6.25%
Suburbs 48 27.27%
City 18 10.23%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #29
CD

I now live near Kingston, Wa on 15 acres. I grew up in Id. then lived in Eastern Wa. and Western Wa. (2 times each). We have mild weather year around.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #30

National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
TEXAS!!!

Actually I live just down the road from both Madame Boomer & Rusty and TXiceman & his lovely wife Susan in the Cypress area, NW of Houston. I was born in Wharton, TX and grew up in SW Houston, so I am a Native Texan.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #31

DW and I are originally from a small industrial town in the county of Lancashire, in northwest England, called Leyland.

We came to the Seattle area in 1968 after I landed a job with Boeing. With the exception of just under three years in the Hampton/Newport News area of Virginia, we've lived in Washington State ever since.

After retirement we moved from Everett (home of the 747/767.777/787 factory) to Anacortes, a small seaside town of about 16,000. It's called "the gateway to the San Juan islands" and is a very pretty spot. My sister, who lives in England, says it's where God goes on his vacations.

Sure, the climate can be messy. There are a good many days with low clouds and fog. In summer, though, it's magnificent. The deep, cold water (it's over 600 feet deep just half a mile from our house) keeps the temperature around 80F, even when Seatlle is pushing 90 or more.

We're a bit further from our kids and grandkids than is ideal (60 miles for one, 75 miles for the second, 125 miles from the third and about 4500 miles from our son and his wife, who live in Tokyo).

We're down to just two close relatives in the UK, my brother and sister who are both younger than me. We visit occasionally, but airline travel is a lot more hassle than firing up the motorhome. Pity there isn't a bridge from NY via Iceland to the UK!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Live on Lake FDR (40 miles above Grand Coulee Dam) in the summer. It is rural 25 mile to the Safeway and Post Office. In the winter on the Golf course at Martin Valley Ranches Mission, TX (not rural).
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
Just wanted to see where we all call home and why we live there. Born and raised in Philadelphia the birt place of Liberty
I don't really know if P'cola is a small city or big town. Just be sure to set your watches back twenty years when you pass through or stay here.

I don't know where you got the erroneous information that Philadelphia was the birth place of liberty. The truth be known, the first bourbon whiskey was brewed in Virgina in 1619. That was, IMHO, the true beginning of liberty in America.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rural country side here in southeren Ohio is where I currently live.
Born here in the Oh,KY,WV tristate area.
I want to relocate to SW Co. (it is where I vacation every year)
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:12 AM   #35

Heartland RV Club
The DW and I both grew up in Key West ,moved to Tallahassee in 97.
DW owns her own Grooming shop.

Love Tallahassee

GO Gators.

Wayne
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:17 AM   #36

Born in NJ. In the summer we live near Lancaster, PA. The winters find us in Playa del Carmen, QR, Mexico and spring and fall are on the road.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:28 AM   #37

I was born in the Bronx (NYC) moved to Queens (NYC) as a child, and when I got married we moved to Nassau county. Now I live out east in Suffolk County, my town is so small (unusual out on Long Island) I know most of the people in the supermarket.

I could move to a rural area, but this town suits me down to the ground.
Coleman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:11 AM   #38
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

I was born, raised and worked in Bergen County NJ, then in 2003 bought a place on a small lake in Sussex County NJ for retirement! Retired in 2007 and went to Silver Springs, FL for the winter, became a FL resident in 2009 as the saying goes "Northern by birth Southern by choice!!" Although I now spend most of my time in Silver Springs,FL. I still have that lake house, but going to sell it and go full time!!!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY !!!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #39

Born and raised about 50 miles from our home. Lived all over the PNW and love the area.
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #40
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Been in Helena, MT for most of my life and love it. The two months of summer gets kinda old but those two months are totally awesome. We are halfway between Glacier NP and Yellowstone NP and we visit both frequently. It's only a little over an hour to the best trout fishing on the planet in the Madison River and I can be elk and deer hunting on the East slope of the Rockies in 30 minutes. Now, would someone like to trade houses for a decent place in Bullhead City, AZ LOL.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyrver View Post
The DW and I both grew up in Key West ,moved to Tallahassee in 97.
DW owns her own Grooming shop.

Love Tallahassee

GO Gators.

Wayne
If I had been born in Key West they would have needed a shotgun to get me to leave. Second favorite pace in the world after the Maine coast in summer.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #42

Talking

Live on a small island in back of Sanibel Island in SW. Fl. Everyone knows everyone else (people that live here not the tourists). No crime, no pollution, no traffic, 12 bars, 9 restaurants and best fishing in Fl. Just another day in paradise.
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote