Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2018, 06:21 AM   #239

Thor Owners Club
I was foolish enough to order it in a restaurant ($18) just to try. It’s smooth & oakey but no caramel & vanilla, with a little smoke like with good bourbon. I’m glad I tried it though.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2018, 06:31 AM   #240

While in Canada we picked up some Glen Breton 10-year-old and I thought it was quite good and the price was right. I know it's imported to the states, but I haven't been able to find it locally.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:44 AM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Another post on adult beverages seemed to beg the question: what is your favorite whiskey and how is it best served, neat, the wee bit of water opener, etc. While not limited to scotch, it's my preference but enjoy a Tullamore Dew every now and then.

I have a Balvenie 17 year old Maderia cask that I have been nursing along the past few years and now that it's turning cold will break it out again for that special evening warm up.

So many whiskies so little time. With the holidays around the corner let's see what gift ideas this might generate. Note to self - check thread often in case someone asks what I want for Christmas.
Took my Bottle to the Family Reunion - lasted two nights - I mixed but the Kids (35-50 ) drank it straight up and loved it, not too Smooth - Crown Royal - Not too Harsh - VO - apparently just Right................. for sipping....@$19.99 EASY ON THE POCKET

If you are ever in a Costco that sells - try it and the Vodka - good price - Good Drinking.

Kirkland Signature Blended Canadian Whisky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kirkland Canadian.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	214786  
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:05 AM   #242

Re Glen Breton. This Canadian made single malt whiskey is available for $76.99 per 750 ml bottle at Total Wine.
Delrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:25 AM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrob View Post
Re Glen Breton. This Canadian made single malt whiskey is available for $76.99 per 750 ml bottle at Total Wine.
Ah. And there's a Total Wine somewhat near me. Thank you.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #244

Been drinking Bookers for lots of years now. I’m ok and so is Bookers. 126 proof. Great sipping Bourbon.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #245

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have often heard people say "There's a bottle of whisky with my name on it." - Well, in my case it's true, and I have a bottle on my shelf to prove it! https://hunterlaing.com/range/hepburns-choice/

Sorry for the photo being sideways - I guess I had one too many!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01629.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	214987  
Old 09-06-2018, 11:53 PM   #246

We were traveling in Washington state, and checked out the Woodinville Whiskey Company Distillery tour and tasting. Their bourbon is quite tasty, and they make a wicked good barrel aged maple syrup, too.

Mrs. M
Old 09-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #247

Blantons is my whiskey, but as someone mentioned very hard to find. I bought 4 bottles last time in Nashville. I have been drinking Elijah Craig and eagle rare since blantons is unattainable.
BykerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:23 AM   #248

Apologize in advance

I apologize in advance for being a little bit "picky", but bourbon is bourbon and whiskey is whiskey. I keep seeing them confused in this thread. Bourbon is only made in Kentucky. It is not made in California or any other state.
Delrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #249

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrob View Post
I apologize in advance for being a little bit "picky", but bourbon is bourbon and whiskey is whiskey. I keep seeing them confused in this thread. Bourbon is only made in Kentucky. It is not made in California or any other state.

Just to school you on bourbon.
Legal requirements

Bourbon's legal definition varies somewhat from country to country, but many trade agreements require the name bourbon to be reserved for products made in the United States. The U.S. regulations for labeling and advertising bourbon apply only to products made for consumption within the United States; they do not apply to distilled spirits made for export.[19] Canadian law requires products labeled bourbon to be made in the United States and also to conform to the requirements that apply within the United States. But in countries other than the United States and Canada, products labeled bourbon may not adhere to the same standards. For example, in the European Union, products labeled as bourbon are not required to conform to all of the regulations that apply within the United States, though they still must be made in the U.S.

The Federal Standards of Identity for Distilled Spirits (27 C.F.R. 5) state that bourbon made for U.S. consumption must be:
Produced in the United States
Made from a grain mixture that is at least 51% corn
Aged in new, charred oak containers
Distilled to no more than 160 (U.S.) proof (80% alcohol by volume)
Entered into the barrel for aging at no more than 125 proof (62.5% alcohol by volume)
Bottled (like other whiskeys) at 80 proof or more (40% alcohol by volume)
Bourbon has no minimum specified duration for its aging period. Products aged for as little as three months are sold as bourbon. The exception is straight bourbon, which has a minimum aging requirement of two years. In addition, any bourbon aged less than four years must include an age statement on its label.
Bourbon that meets the above requirements, has been aged for a minimum of two years, and does not have added coloring, flavoring, or other spirits may (but is not required to) be called straight bourbon.
Bourbon that is labeled as straight that has been aged under four years must be labeled with the duration of its aging.
Bourbon that has an age stated on its label must be labeled with the age of the youngest whiskey in the bottle (not counting the age of any added neutral grain spirits in a bourbon that is labeled as blended, as neutral-grain spirits are not considered whiskey under the regulations and are not required to be aged at all).
Bottled-in-bond bourbon is a sub-category of straight bourbon, and must be aged at least four years.

Bourbon that is labeled blended (or as a blend) may contain added coloring, flavoring, and other spirits (such as un-aged neutral grain spirits); but at least 51% of the product must be straight bourbon.
Geographic origin
On May 4, 1964, the United States Congress recognized bourbon whiskey as a "distinctive product of the United States" by concurrent resolution. Bourbon may be produced anywhere in the United States where it is legal to distill spirits, but most brands are produced in Kentucky, where bourbon production has a strong historical association. Iron-free water that has been filtered through the high concentrations of limestone, unique to the area, is often touted by bourbon distillers in Kentucky as a signature step in the bourbon-making process.

I think you are referring to the definition of Kentucky Bourbon.
960 watts of solar, 440 Amp hours AGM batteries
KCFDCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #250

Freightliner Owners Club
KCFDCapt- I checked the label on my Jefferson's Reserve "Very Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey", Very Small Batch 90.2 proof --that was finished in French Oak Casks that previously held Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon
Thought that that didn't meet the "new charred oak Casks" requirement but further reading the Kentucky Straight Bourbon whiskey was fully matured and then extra aged (finished) in the wine barrels to provide extra sweetness, notes of dark berry, espresso and chocolate.
Anyway, another excellent bourbon and thanks for the background.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:01 PM   #251

Forest River Owners Club
I think it only right that we try them all out slowly and methodically-you know, just for scientific reasons. Ahem.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:04 PM   #252

Whiskey Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
KCFDCapt- I checked the label on my Jefferson's Reserve "Very Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey", Very Small Batch 90.2 proof --that was finished in French Oak Casks that previously held Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon

Thought that that didn't meet the "new charred oak Casks" requirement but further reading the Kentucky Straight Bourbon whiskey was fully matured and then extra aged (finished) in the wine barrels to provide extra sweetness, notes of dark berry, espresso and chocolate.

Anyway, another excellent bourbon and thanks for the background.

Taint nuthin wrong with a mature beverage that I could never refuse!
How about, that I would beg for?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote