Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #1

Who was that masked man?

We were driving on a 3 lane section (actually 6 lanes if you count the other side too) I-75 in the southern part of my state today when I saw a line of cars and trucks coming down the interstate on ramp in preparation to merge into the right lane. I put on my signal and moved over into the middle lane to give them room. About 30 seconds later we heard a LOUD noise and a motorcycle zoomed passed us in the right lane followed by two cars all doing what must have been over 100 mph. The motorcycle operator had on a black helmet, black or darkened face shield and all black leathers. I could just see an accident about to happen when the speeding motorcycle and two cars interacted with the on ramp vehicles. What they did next took my breath away. The 3 speed demons never slowed down but they merged right through the oncoming ramp traffic and moved over to the shoulder where they passed everyone and then moved back into the right lane still doing a blistering rate of speed. It wasn't but a few seconds and they were gone from sight!

My DW was shaking and I was just recovering when another motorcycle passed us like we were sitting still followed by a white car and both of them just zig zagged down the interstate till they were gone from view also.

What is today? National speed day? National scare the pants off us old people day?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2015, 06:37 PM   #2

I just look in my mirror, make signal, and move over not taking more than 3-5 seconds to change lanes. If someone comes up on me so fast that they weren't in sight 5 seconds ago, I'm either doing 10MPH, or they are going too fast, and if they hit me that is their problem and they deserve what they get, IMO.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 06:46 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sounds like you were in the Detroit area. The way some people on "crotch" rockets fly down the highway, they'll become a big red stain one of these days.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
people are just crazy! that's the way they live their lives!
Sagamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:15 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
There's no cure for stupidity!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We have watched so many idiots driving like maniacs. Not sure why everyone is in such a hurry these days. Another problem is the slow drivers texting. Combine the two and there is sure to be a lot more accidents. I try and watch the mirrors to help DH keep track of them all. But you are right, it scares me to watch them too.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:49 PM   #7

Recently we were rolling along, going with the general flow and speed of the freeway on a medium traffic day when a guy on a motorcycle, going at least 90, flew by doing a full blown wheelie!

Just when I thought I'd seen it all...
pismocouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:28 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Those fast moving road rockets are operated by organ donors
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:40 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
And here in Pennsylvania the State has both road signs and electric signs saying
"PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR MOTORCYCLES". When they drive within the law, I will
spend my time worrying about them. Till they go by the rules of the road like the rest of us, then they need to look out for themselves. I have been passed on the right, passed between two lines of cars and trucks stopped for a red signal, and ones doing wheelies. They can all be scraped up later.......
Old 05-11-2015, 05:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-Am.Star View Post
And here in Pennsylvania the State has both road signs and electric signs saying
"PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR MOTORCYCLES". When they drive within the law, I will
spend my time worrying about them. Till they go by the rules of the road like the rest of us, then they need to look out for themselves. I have been passed on the right, passed between two lines of cars and trucks stopped for a red signal, and ones doing wheelies. They can all be scraped up later.......
Did you know it is legal in California for bikes to ride between cars? I think it is called Lane Splitting.

AirTalk | California releases new rules for motorcycle lane-splitting | 89.3 KPCC
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1609 View Post
Those fast moving road rockets are operated by organ donors
At those speeds, not much left for organ donation.

2019 Prime Time Crusader 29 RSLE pulled by 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
MargoS. is offline   Reply With Quote