Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2018, 11:56 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Let’s see you where hot and naked and they where cool and comfortable and can’t hear a thing because their air was running.
Great post ... nothing gets past you!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2018, 12:17 PM   #44

i try to never be naked in the walmart parking lot,,,,
cus you never know when a sweaty,naked camper may be knock'n on your door to ask you where to buy a genset
Old 07-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Sorry but I can't have much sympathy on this issue. I live in Miss. A/C is life or death (literally) this time of year. Heat causes many deaths each year. It is so ingrained in our way of thinking that it causes us to do things others consider strange. I once traveled to Boston during the summer. Checked into the hotel, got to my room and the window was open. I was like: NOPE! Closed it and turned on the A/C.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #46

Think about this ...

Find a church parking lot, one that’s not marked “No Overnight Parking”, and pull in there. I doubt you’ll be bothered as long as you’re outta there before 8 or 9 in the morning. The cops may check on you otherwise the worst that can happen is getting invited to a worship service.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by weredoingit View Post
I noticed two main things in this article. First, Nothing is mentioned about RVs or people sleeping in RVs. And second, the perpetrator says he went there because there were always cars there. He "fished" where there were lots of fish. Ann armed person in a locked RV is exactly what he did not want to confront.
But point is made that evildoers look for easy victims and no security. Something all should consider and prepare for.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #48

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Umm.. I wouldn't of bought a class A if i didn't intend to run the air. Why would I force myself to be hot and sweaty? Sounds like someone has a case of the envy here. Best thing to do, go buy a generator and run your overhead AC yourself. Solves all your issues.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:12 PM   #49

Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Here's the story.

I'm in a Miss. Walmart Parking lot during a heat wave. I don't have a generator so the windows are open. It is hot and humid. I'm just getting some sleep before continuing to drive.

I ask the Walmart people if it is OK to stay and they say it is OK just park away from the store.

I park away from the store near the road out, across several parking spaces.

1 guy parks along side me - thankfully, no generator

1 Class A parks across from me, the aisle width away and runs his generator starting after I fall asleep. It was so hot I was naked (not a pretty sight) while sleeping.

WHY? There was plenty of room in a corner of the lot he could have parked and ran his generator all he wanted!
They want to hear you whine!!!😜
Old 07-19-2018, 05:12 PM   #50

There is ALWAYS a Cost

Free “camping” comes with a price. Semi’s are the worst but then again, it’s free to me. If someone fired-up a frame-style generator I can understand the issue. A smaller inverter type, less noise, but not silent. I will say my wife and I found a wonderful state park because WalMart was too crowded for us to stay. Allstays is one resource we use to find one-nighters and we have have also had some wonderful experiences in WM lots. One manager seemed truly disappointed that we were only asking to stay one night. There, we were welcomed and disturbed only by the WM supply trucks zooming by in the middle of the night. Hope your peaceful nights far outnumber ones that aren’t.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:26 PM   #51

I would agree with most posters...I don't think there is a rule that says that one guy over there doesn't have a generator and can't run his air, its more about how can you expect anyone else to know your plight. Usually I've notice that when a camper shows up, they seem to want to be near the other campers, I suppose the feeling of security in numbers or maybe they never stayed in one before and they think that's the spot designated. If it were me, and I have been in them same shoes a few times with no air....I just roll over and go back to sleep if possible. Only other thing is to move to another spot. It might be a thought, maybe go somewhere and buy a small portible generator to use just for these times when you need one. I have a small Yamagha that I got just for that. We had a generator on one of our previous RV's that sometimes wouldn't start or other problems. I used to use the quiet one which will run 2 nights on a tank of gas, and mama stays happy. You can buy a decent one at Harbor Freight. Its about time for them to run their end of summer clearance sales.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:46 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Almashy View Post
I would agree with most posters...I don't think there is a rule that says that one guy over there doesn't have a generator and can't run his air, its more about how can you expect anyone else to know your plight. Usually I've notice that when a camper shows up, they seem to want to be near the other campers, I suppose the feeling of security in numbers or maybe they never stayed in one before and they think that's the spot designated. If it were me, and I have been in them same shoes a few times with no air....I just roll over and go back to sleep if possible. Only other thing is to move to another spot. It might be a thought, maybe go somewhere and buy a small portible generator to use just for these times when you need one. I have a small Yamagha that I got just for that. We had a generator on one of our previous RV's that sometimes wouldn't start or other problems. I used to use the quiet one which will run 2 nights on a tank of gas, and mama stays happy. You can buy a decent one at Harbor Freight. Its about time for them to run their end of summer clearance sales.
Dan Almashy, you are wise beyond your years. Great post.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:55 PM   #53

When in Rome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Here's the story.

I'm in a Miss. Walmart Parking lot during a heat wave. I don't have a generator so the windows are open. It is hot and humid. I'm just getting some sleep before continuing to drive.

I ask the Walmart people if it is OK to stay and they say it is OK just park away from the store.

I park away from the store near the road out, across several parking spaces.

1 guy parks along side me - thankfully, no generator

1 Class A parks across from me, the aisle width away and runs his generator starting after I fall asleep. It was so hot I was naked (not a pretty sight) while sleeping.

WHY? There was plenty of room in a corner of the lot he could have parked and ran his generator all he wanted!
If it was that hot and humid, I would have closed my windows and turned on my gen for a/c. Why suffer when you don't have to.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:13 PM   #54

It could also be a safety factor. If one is parked alone, more of a chance to get picked for a crime or vandalism. If several are parked together, less likely in my opinion. Get a "white noise" app for your smart phone to create some consistent noise that may block out the generators.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:19 PM   #55

The last I knew WallyWorlds were located on commercial properties which means 24-7 noise. They also have reefers spend the night to drop their loads first thing in the morning. Your only hope is a National Park that bans generators at night or bring your own and sleep with the A/C. Maybe a set of earplugs. Walmart sells them.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
BECAUSE HE COULD! LOL At least you didn't park next to an 18 wheeler in a truck stop who ran his truck AND refrigeration unit all night next to you! PS Those truckers do NOT make the walk all the way to the restroom.... they pee on their tires just like a Great Dane would and you don't have to SEE it to believe it!!!! No more truck stops for me!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
generator