Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2018, 06:36 PM   #57

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It’s a public place so you’re out of luck just have grin and bear it:(
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
You expect everyone to know you don't have a generator, then not run their's when they realize you can't ?
Misery loves company.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:02 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by davendeb View Post
I noticed two main things in this article. First, Nothing is mentioned about RVs or people sleeping in RVs. And second, the perpetrator says he went there because there were always cars there. He "fished" where there were lots of fish. Ann armed person in a locked RV is exactly what he did not want to confront.
But point is made that evildoers look for easy victims and no security. Something all should consider and prepare for.
The third thing about the article is it is using an account from a criminal back in 1994. The article was written in 2000 near as I can tell. Walmart has come a long way when it comes to security.

The fourth thing. The link to the website. I giggled a little when I clicked on it. They have moved on to something else to point attention to.

I wish people wouldn't promote fear mongering by posting inaccurate, incomplete or out of date information.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:05 PM   #60

Why? Dunno. Maybe it's:

Your animal magnetism?

Miniskirt and wet tank top?

'Free beer' sign?

It's hot, you leave your drapes open, and laze around nekkid?

Shoot, you might want to charge admission.... but if it's as bad as you say, charge for the supreme privilege of chucking rotted produce at you.

I know I would.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:41 PM   #61

Hot and humid in Mississippi? How unusual!
Old 07-19-2018, 08:48 PM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHyatt View Post
Hot and humid in Mississippi? How unusual!

LOL...
Old 07-19-2018, 09:37 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Here's the story.

I'm in a Miss. Walmart Parking lot during a heat wave. I don't have a generator so the windows are open. It is hot and humid. I'm just getting some sleep before continuing to drive.

I ask the Walmart people if it is OK to stay and they say it is OK just park away from the store.

I park away from the store near the road out, across several parking spaces.

1 guy parks along side me - thankfully, no generator

1 Class A parks across from me, the aisle width away and runs his generator starting after I fall asleep. It was so hot I was naked (not a pretty sight) while sleeping.

WHY? There was plenty of room in a corner of the lot he could have parked and ran his generator all he wanted!
:all Ican say is get a paid camp spot where they have a quiet time then you will not have to listen to others.
Peter
Old 07-19-2018, 09:50 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podivin View Post
They both looked and said 'Oh, over there where that guy is must be where RVs are supposed to park in this lot' - and over there they went.
Makes sense to me...I spend a lot of nights on Walmart lots when traveling overnight to reach a destination...I run the gen just to cool things down, then turn it off...never all night...
Old 07-20-2018, 06:13 AM   #65

So, just because you don’t have a generator, the rest of us shouldn’t run ours to have The AC on? Put your clothes back on and move to another area of the parking lot since that is what it appears you want them to do.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:55 AM   #66

Thor Owners Club
One of the first times we parked overnight at a Walmart, it snowed, and I could hear the snowplow clearing the lot while we slept. I was a little worried that we'd be blocked in (think of those huge piles of snow in big parking lots). In the morning, we woke up to see ... they were only half done, but they had plowed us a pathway out!

As to the OP's point, and others, we run our generator when needed, and don't mind the noisy truckers that come and go. Our Walmart overnight parking is worth every penny we pay for it.

We have taken advantage of Walmart's overnight hospitality quite a few times, but repaid them handsomely with our purchases. It's a symbiotic relationship.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:15 AM   #67

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There's this guy named Murphy....
Old 07-20-2018, 11:26 AM   #68

Red face Generators in a Walmart Parking lot

Do what I do. Travel with a good pair of earplugs!
Old 07-20-2018, 11:36 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcdukes View Post
Sorry but I can't have much sympathy on this issue. I live in Miss. A/C is life or death (literally) this time of year. Heat causes many deaths each year. It is so ingrained in our way of thinking that it causes us to do things others consider strange. I once traveled to Boston during the summer. Checked into the hotel, got to my room and the window was open. I was like: NOPE! Closed it and turned on the A/C.
Sorry, but I have no sympathy for your lack of understanding or consideration for others.

First, not everyone in the world lives in Ms. - some just travel through it.

Second, the dissuasion is not about life in Ms. it is about parking near others and running your generator when there are fine areas further away from others.

Again, I'm sorry.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:40 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busyretirees View Post
If it was that hot and humid, I would have closed my windows and turned on my gen for a/c. Why suffer when you don't have to.
You may want to re-read the post you quoted.
Closed Thread

Tags
generator