Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #1

Winnebago Tattoo

Well folks I'm in a debate with DW I am really wanting a tattoo and have wanted one for the longest time and I have finally figured out what I want but I'm not getting much support from her. So I'm reaching out to my new community of friends for an opinion or ideas even if anyone else has beaten me to this idea

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4110706002.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	48500

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3145152874.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	360.2 KB
ID:	48501

I would like to combine the two of these the pin up gal infront of the Winnebago

I have always had a passion for the classic Winnebago's and RVs because of my late grandfather as well an RV represents my family and happy times together , as well I still can't get over the fact my Smokin hot wife married me so I want to represent her. Do you all think I'm nuts or should I go or it???
I would love to see any photos if anyone else has done this

( and I appologize if I offend anyone as this should maybe be posted to a tattoo forum )
Mitchyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Combine the two and DW may remove the Winnebago from your future
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:00 AM   #3

Hey you only live once, do what makes you happy,but hopefully with the wife's ok. My wife and I both have tattoo's, we're happy, and we love fulltime RVing. Good luck.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Tattoo or not tattoo that is the question?

Some things you may want to consider, tattoo subject matter aside.

Being nuts has never stopped many people from doing much of anything as a matter of fact it helps.

If you would not be offended if your wife had a tattoo of some anonymous (or even non-anonymous) hunk tattooed on her in some obvious place of her choice then go for it.

Subordinating the passion you feel for your wife to the passion you feel for your Grandfather and his memory is always a good strategy.

Get a really big one with bold colors that way your wife will constantly be reminded she lost the disagreement to a bunch of unrelated folks on IRV2. Winning is everything.

Out seventeen year old wanted a tattoo (he was living at home). So I explained the house rules. He could get any tattoo any size and subject but he had to get it on his face. Wear it proudly. He deferred until later in life and got a small innocuous one.

It was his choice this is yours.

As the Knight said to Indiana Jones as he was about to select the cup to drink from, "choose wisely".
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #5

What are your options for the time you trade your Winnebago for a newer "other" brand? In the end, whatever trips your trigger is your choice.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #6

Not a tattoo fan, but....
I like the idea that the image will evoke fond memories. What about putting your wife's face on the girl? She might be more on board if it included her image.
Selah2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do what makes you happy and keeps your marriage intact. Personally, I would give the money that I would have spent on a tatoo to charity.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah2 View Post
Not a tattoo fan, but....
What about putting your wife's face on the girl? She might be more on board if it included her image.
Really, really glad I do not have my smokin hot ex-wife's face tattooed on my bod. My present wife of almost twenty years probably wouldn't have married me.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
When the wife is happy... As njs42 quoted "choose wisely".

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Consider what it will look like in your old age, especially if you gain and lose weight. Check out some old folks first. Just sayin.
Good luck and safe travels!
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #11
doc

Appalachian Campers
Mitch, I am sure you will eventually do whatever you want. That said, I consider that one day I will have to meet my maker and I will have enough to explain without having to go into why I marked and marred my body with something like that. Just my opinion. make sure you chose wisely - it will be forever
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #12

Solo Rvers Club
If I were you, I would get a semi permanent one (is there such a thing??)

Might be something some artist out there could invent..

It would give you a chance to see if you liked it and by the time it wore off you would probably decide that it was a bad idea.... or good, and then make it permanent if your wife likes it.

As much as I admire the artistry of tattoos I would not want to be the canvas as painful as it is to have done, it is worse to remove..all for a ton of money

Best case scenario, I would do up a mock of what you want and go to a tee shirt guy and have him print it on a shirt

Inks are washable and I have done this myself to see how it would look
Could this work for the two of you??
Old 11-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #13

Well, I debated even responding to this post. However, I wanted to share my point of view (thats the point of the forum -- right?) Anyway, here goes

1. If you want a tattoo get a tattoo!! Its your life live it how you see fit. However, if you are aiming towards marital bliss (i know a fantasy:-)). Then you might wish to take your partners viewpoint into account. Would you rather live with a tattoo for the rest of your life or spend the rest of your life with your beloved?

2. You wish to mark yourself with the Winnebago brand? Am I understanding this correctly? Will you be receiving some sort of compensation from the Winnebago Corp? Hell..I wouldn't tattoo myself with my children's names (and i really like them on most days).

3. Why are you asking a forum of complete strangers for advice. Wouldn't you be better served by asking people that actually know you and your wife?

4. Lastly, would your grandfather have tattooed the Winnebago brand on his body? I am thinking there are probably better ways to honor your Grandfather.

Anyway, my .02 cents worth. Good luck in your quest for what to do!
40GnTX is offline   Reply With Quote