Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Would you share your information

Hi everybody
I'm on this forum every night and I see a lot of the same people just like me on here.I feel like I know some of you really well when in reality I know nothing about you and you know nothing about me.I just think it would be neat to know a little bit about who your talking to.

My name is Stanley,I'm 58 and my DW name is Barbara and she"s 55
We live in Midland Texas in our S&B,Three more years and we plan to go fulltime(that sounds like forever).
We have a dog that goes everywhere with us,her name is Gracie,she half Shar Pei and half lab and 100% the boss.
We have two grown kids and six grandkids
I am in sales for an oilfield supply co and Barbara is Administrative assistant for an oil co.

Now tell me about you
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
wonder why my post isn't showing up under the new post section
Old 02-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Stanley, I may be wrong as I often am, but I do not think you will get very many responses that tell much about people. RV'ers are a bunch of helpful friendly people but also know there are con artists out there. A con artists best tool is his charisma and gaining your confidence. If the people you meet at a cg or similar place have mutual interests, these are the people to share personal info. On the other hand, maybe I am just getting paranoid in my old age. Just thinking out loud. Take care.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost I View Post
Stanley, I may be wrong as I often am, but I do not think you will get very many responses that tell much about people. RV'ers are a bunch of helpful friendly people but also know there are con artists out there. A con artists best tool is his charisma and gaining your confidence. If the people you meet at a cg or similar place have mutual interests, these are the people to share personal info. On the other hand, maybe I am just getting paranoid in my old age. Just thinking out loud. Take care.
Agreed....and not un-like any other group of people, whether it be a country club or social club or church. There are basic tells, and then there are tells that show more and more of our private lives to particular and specific recipients, and most of us learn to not give those tells away until we're comfortable with doing so.

Public forum members don't need to know details of it's other members, IMO,

Rick, Sandy, Buster and the bus
Old 02-14-2015, 01:09 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We welcome the sharing of some information about our members...that is why every member has a bunch of fields on their profile and signature block that can be filled.

Visit your Control Panel to see what is set-up for sharing.

Of course personally identifiable information should be protected...that's only smart.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:27 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan5711 View Post
wonder why my post isn't showing up under the new post section
New posts only show up when others make them the program does not show a new post made by you.

What you are maybe seeking would be click on "Quick Links" in the tool bar towards your right then click "Today's Post" which would then show you yours as well.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:43 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
It's a good idea to keep all your sharable info in your profile and not a post. Posts can be scanned by bots for email addresses, home addresses etc whereas you need to click to see a profile.

There are a lot of bad actors out in the interweb. Don't give them an advantage.
jplante4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:16 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Grey Ghost you hit the nail on the head,I don't guess I put much thought into it when I started this but ya'll are all right.I've always seen a lots of really smart people on here giving some really good advice and I always wonder they did for a living.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:19 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Stan5711: DW and I are pretty out-going, high-energy people and are always finding goodness in meeting people. So we certainly understand your trusting and friendly nature. That's really cool, as a matter of fact (wish there was more of that in today's world, huh?). So when we meet on-the-road (and someday, we will) you and I are going to have a lot in common to talk about, I sense. And it will be more fun "in person," too. Thanks for reaching out in such good spirit. You guys are awesome! \ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:36 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The reason your posts do not show up under "NEW POSTS" is because you have already read your posts.. After all, you wrote it, so you read it when you wrote it, NEW always starts below your last post.

Name: John Davis
Job: retire police dispatcher
Age: Mid 60s (no I do not tell exact age or date of birth)
From.. Kind of all over, mostly Detroit, MI however
Currently: S Ga (I do sometimes post the exact site number: 12)
Widowed, Daughter (1) lives nearby, Grandchilde (1) is why I came to South GA,, Whey I stayed,, Loud BOOM from Engine compartment,, Will leave when fixed. But Will return.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:42 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Hello;
Janet and I have been retired since 2004. We are snowbirds.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #12

I too enjoy reading & learning here. And feel like I am beginning to know the people who post here. Like mshappycampers. I see postings from them a lot. And think how nice it would be to meet them sometime out on the road.

We're in NE GA in our S/B. We travel with 3 cats. DH is retired Navy. I still work but I can take my work with me when we travel. And with the weather that is moving in here in the next few days I wish we had planned a trip somewhere!

We visit Jax FL a lot - have g-kids there. And go out to Albuquerque to visit family. And we see a lot of the country between here & there.

Hope to meet y'all on the road. We'll plan to sit around the campfire & catch up on our friends from IRV2.
3catstravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:46 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
What an individual wishes to release on a public forum is his/her decision. One thing I have never understood is information that is posted that could come back to bite you. On another forum, an individual was very forthcoming with information... full name, job, address, truck make/model, RV make/model, etc. Then he went on to very proudly state he knew is 3/4 truck was way over weight pulling a 16k 5th wheel, but he'd been driving it for years and knew it could ''handle" that weight. I would sure not admit to that on a forum that is accessed by many people, and maybe a guy with whom he could be involved in an accident.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:11 PM   #14

Hey Y'all;

Name= Douglas Morgan, DW= Darlene
Dog = Boston Terrier Abby Gabby
From= Mich.
Now= Reside in Hickory, NC
Perv. work= Owner of a Wrecker Service in Mich.
Work Now= Semi Retired and Looking for work.
Also recent Cancer Survivor!
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote