Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #29

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I would like to caution anyone considering a conceal carry permit to THINK long and hard about all the situations you could be in and IF you have the know how and demeanor to ensure correct force and decision making if the "time comes". There is no such idea as shooting to wound or simply injure. Not all guns will put down the other guy right away, even multiple rounds may not do it. John Wayne is dead and you could be also by your own gun.

Taking another life is something you live with each day, not difficult if the choice was made for you ( live or die). The tough part is all the escapes you think you see after the fact!

Having said that I encourage all of us exercise their God given, Veteran protected freedoms!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #30
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I don't understand some of the mentality of those people who go around shooting, just for the sake of shooting at people. They need to write a note to as what their mad little escapade/tirade is all about. It is horrible that someone may shoot their loved ones, relatives, friends, but to just go out and shoot and kill anyone is hideous. They have to be insane.

It was stated in the news that the shooter has a U.S. Passport, so no, he was not an illegal alien (is that politically correct). As for the type of weapon, I'll make a Model 1911 .45 Cal pistol an automatic weapon by just filing down the sear. The same can be done to rifles, and especially to those that have large capacity magazines. An AR-15 kit can be obtained to turn it into an automatic weapon, but as stated, the trigger can be pulled fast enough that the untrained will really think it is an automatic weapon.

I have permission to carry. The laws in place restrict me from religious places of worship, doctor's offices, hospitals, federal buildings (all to include Post Offices), and any building that has a sign up that says I cannot enter, even with a CHL. (Concealed Handgun License). Now consider that anyone that has a CHL is most likely, but not in every instance, the "good" guy. He's the one that can protect you, as stated, when they enter the building, especially if he is ready for the shooter. The CHL holder is the one that obtained his weapon through a process, than not only indicates he is the "good" guy, but with two rounds fired out of the weapon for any future crimes that may be committed with it. At least here in Texas. If I sell my handgun and it is used in a crime, it will come back to me the original owner as to who I sold it to, and so on. The shooter on the other hand is considered the "bad" guy. He doesn't care about any laws. He gets his weapons by stealing them, or buying them off the street and in most cases from someone who has stole them.

So answer me this. Would you rather have the "good" guy able to be in all those restricted places with his weapon so that when the "bad" guy, who could care less about restrictions and signs, comes in there may be a chance that damage will be minimal because the good guy is there?

I'm sorry ya'll. I get upset over this subject and the wanton killings that take place. I do want to express my deepest sympathies to the families of the victims, and especially to the victims themselves. God bless them.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #31

That's the main problem. The bad guys don't care about any laws. It is best to assume that everyone is carrying. All I have in my MH is a .25 cal SEMI-AUTOMATIC. That ought to at least make them bleed a little.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #32

And tonight the nightly news announced that 67 people were shot in NY city this weekend... took all of 8 seconds to disclose that.

It's a sad, sad, world....
Old 09-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #33

I think the latest political correct statement is undocumented worker. My question would be are they actually working? And working the system does not count.
As for the not caring I think you would find that most people care about life. The one exception might be for the one that decided it was a good idea to take multiple people's lives that had no idea what or why.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #34
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
In the Carson City incident it was stated o the news that the shooter was on disability pay, so I'm guessing SSI. That is not an undocumented worker. I guess we could say non-authorized immigrant. Some will not be happy with that phrase either.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #35

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Please give us the legal definition of an "assault rifle"!!
OK: Assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now: Most of the "Assault Rifles" sold here in the us (All the ones sold legally) hve the full-auto option disabled, How hard it is to re-enable depends on the wepon and I am not n expert on the AK-47 and thus can not comment on how hard it is to restore Full-auto to that one.

They tend to be a bit shorter than a hunting rifle, and they are better cooled. or to be more precise there tend to be guards to prevent the shooter from getting burned by the barrel in rapid fire mode.

In short: they are designed for Military use, not hunting game.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
How many of the dead and wounded would be ok had there been a few people in the restaurant carrying?
Reports are that there was an armed FBI man on the scene but he didn't shoot at the gunman because he felt he was out gunned. I wish he wasn't the only one who had a conceal and carry permit there that day; so sad.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #37
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Folks - this thread is being closed. We are an RV forum and frankly, this discussion has wandered through discussions about the legality of various firearms, immigration issues, gun rights and the veracity of media. It is divisive to the community and the reason for this bit in our forum rules:
Quote:
Discussion of subjects such as guns, gun rights, abortion, sexually explicit topics, vulgar humor or anything that is threatening, harassing, tasteless or abusive rarely end well. For this reason the moderation team may edit or delete discussions of these topics as well as any other topic deemed to be divisive or inappropriate.
When you see these topics, please let the site team know and in the interim, try not to get 'hooked' into a debate. Let's stick to topics we share in common (brakes, the quality of a drive train, RV warranty support, etc)

Thanks for understanding.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Closed Thread