Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2017, 04:30 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How did we meet? I hired her, and she's been working for me ever since!

I was an assistant manager at a MacDonald's after graduating high school. One day this girl came in and asked for an application. I gave it to her, and when she returned it I was one of the people who interviewed her, and I recommended that we hire her. About a month later we had our first date - saw Neil Diamond and Linda Ronstadt in concert - and she then quit and got a job somewhere else. Six months later I got drafted into the Army, and we got engaged. About ten months after that we were married - we just celebrated our 46th anniversary!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2017, 05:39 PM   #16

We met in the church Sunday School. She was 4 and I was 7. We were both members of the church Youth Club in Leyland (Lancashire, UK) and started dating just before her 15th birthday. We got married on her 20th birthday, emigrated from the UK to the US 4 years later and celebrated our Golden Anniversary in 2014.

We had 4 children (2 UK and 2 US), 6 grandchildren and got our first great-grandchild a year ago.

Now in retirement (since September 1998) and residents of Anacortes, WA since November 99.

Frank Damp
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #17

We met at a CB 'break' I hosted in a remote Los Angeles city park in 1977. I was in my Datsun pick up but I didn't have my cabover Perris Valley slide in camper on that day.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:34 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripe34 View Post
How did you meet your spouse, or what was unique or funny about your courtship or wedding?

... and - go!
It always amazes me when you have someone ask for personal information about everyone else, but don't bother with putting there own story out there.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:50 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm2good View Post
It always amazes me when you have someone ask for personal information about everyone else, but don't bother with putting there own story out there.
Gosh golly guess it’s my turn!

Wedding more eventful than meeting. We had planned on getting married on top of a mountain in Park City, where we had enjoyed several wonderful vacations. We figured on a nice 2-week skiing honeymoon. We lined up a nice priest to officiate, scheduled in our local friends as attendants, and got license as needed.

Day before the wedding, priest informs us he can’t make it for mountain wedding due to back injury. Ok, so friend lines up the mayor of Park City to officiate the next day.

Last run of the day, DH decides to ski slope named “widow maker”. Yep. Accident happens, knee ligaments blown, brace placed, future surgery recommended, no skiing allowed.

Fine - we decide we will get married in one of the hot air balloons that’ll take us up at sunrise :-), second balloon to go up.

We meet at the takeoff point the next morning, in time to see the first balloon get wrecked by a sudden weather event. All flights cancelled.

We took a hint and got married in the church :-)

Ten year anniversary trip, we are in the area and approaching the church. We discuss stopping, but are on our way somewhere and put it off until another time. As soon as we pass the church, though, we hear a LOUD sound like a gunshot. The rear window of our SUV *exploded*. Rental place says that’s impossible. Anyway, we did go back to church :-)
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:42 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow, LOL......it appears that the good Lord above is NOT subtle when He gives you two a sign. [emoji1]
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:01 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We met at a disco in 1975. I was there drowning my sorrows, having just been dumped by a former girlfriend. I was looking for a good time, but she was so sweet I decided it was worth getting to know her better. It's been 40 years we've been happily married, so I guess my strategy worked.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:15 PM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The 21st century online Lonely Hearts Club, Craig's List, in 2007. I reached out and she answered and life has been wonderful ever since. The RV came along in 2011 and we haven't looked back since.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #23

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My younger Sis worked for my future DW at the Santa Opera and had been living with me that summer. Well, she set us up on a blind date at a post performance opera party of Magic Flute. This is 37 years later and we're just getting going good at RVing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:51 AM   #24

I was in my senior year of college and was interviewing with various potential employers. During one of those interviews I spent more time in the lobby waiting than I did interviewing. The receptionist took pity on me and tried to find me something to read. That June my first day on the job there was her first day. We were married a couple of years later, still are (26 years so far).

Just started the full-time RV lifestyle last year.

Rob
Old 10-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #25

After returning from Korea, I rented a house across the street from my wife. We each had two kids (ranging from 13-15, I had full custody of mine). My daughter and her son were boyfriend/girlfriend, my son and her other son were friends, that is how we met. We tried to hide our romance, but once one of the kids caught s kissing it was all over with and the news spread fast. We were married about a year later. That was almost 18 years ago
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:48 AM   #26

Mid Atlantic Campers
We met freshman year of high school, in algebra class. We were friends, didn't date till senior year, went to Prom together and senior week. Dated on and off through college, nothing serious.

Just after graduation, he went on a ski trip to Colorado. While he was gone my mom told me I was in love with him and I said no, he's just my best friend, she said that you're in love with. When he got back we went out to dinner and we talked and I asked had he thought about getting married. He said yes and I said to me? He said yes. I was floored!

He proposed a few months later after the night race at Bristol.

I've known him as my best friend for 32 years. I've been married to him for 22. I think the being friends first is what has made our marriage what it is!

Angie
Old 10-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #27

I was a payphone field repair tech in the 90s. I had never been married but had 2 kids an RV and was building a house. I was a little lonely but had accepted my fate living in Utah that I was that thing in the bargain bin that no one wanted because they couldn't appreciate what was inside the package. lol The guys there wanted women that were not independent.

I remember one day deciding that when my kids grew and moved out I would take my cats and dog and hit the road in an RV and travel.

Then shortly after that I called into our tech support to have a phone programmed and a new guy answered. We talked a little bit while having phones programmed here and there. Then the company we worked for was having some pains due to the cell industry hurting the revenue. They had a meeting at the corp office that he was attending and I wanted to know then the fate of the company. So he called after the meeting when he got home and we talked for hours. We both knew then that we wanted to be together but we had almost 2000 miles between us.

Back then I didn't have a computer. The phone bills were enough to buy one. haha. My boss told me I needed to use my vacation before the end of the year. I decided I would visit Cleveland OH and see what this guy was like. My mom watched the kids...my son was so stressed he tossed his cookies in her car.

I met my now husband in the airport. I was so anxious for a day or so that that is all I felt. After I relaxed it was like we knew each other forever. We really hit it off.
One thing is he is the opposite of me. I knew then if we were going to be together I would have to move. He would not be happy being somewhere he wasn't familiar with. My kids were like me...although my sons biggest concern at the age of 5 was if there was electricity were we were moving. haha

As fate would have it, the company we were working for was hiring techs for phone support in the same dept my now husband was working in. I interviewed and was hired. They paid for my kids and I, cats and dogs to move to Cleveland. I left my motorhome behind because I had to drive the moving truck towing my car and couldn't go back to get my motorhome and drive it.

I rented the house we later bought after getting married and selling both of our houses. 18 years later Im still dragging my husband along with my crazy ideas haha. The last one was the getting the motorhome. Other things Ive added to his list of adventures were a boat and sport bikes...and dragging him to NC.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:26 AM   #28

Great thread topic! I agree on the friend premise.

21 years ago, I was working as a beverage manager at a 100 yr old restored railroad hotel Bed & Breakfast.
There was a small group of locals who came in to patronize the bar area.
I had met several of these people who all had stories about a CPA friend.
One evening the back door opened and a guy walked in straight towards the bar. I knew the moment I laid eyes on him that he was who they'd talked about, and he would be my man some day.
It was the way he walked!!
He oozed with confidence, purpose and a spring in his step.

I became friends with this group and after 3 years of vacations, card games and parties with them, we both had since divorced our practice spouses and went on our first date.
2 years of near daily dates began.
He and I have been together ever since.
He proposed on Valentine's Day and we were married 1 year later.
We love the same activities and adventures.
The most fun word we share is versatility & I kid him often.
Business man 9-5, Harley rider, Reverend, etc.... Really versatile.
He retires in 2 months & we can't wait to begin the next chapter in our lives with our toy hauler!

We just celebrated our 16th anniversary.
I've been truly blessed in life to be loved by this man.
He is honestly the kindest, gentlest & gracious human being I've met.
ShinySideUp is offline   Reply With Quote