Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #29

Tinder, believe it or not.
We were both successful young single business people, I work in IT, and she is an Engineer. Our first date was 8+ hours, and here we are three years later living in a Trailer. LOL
mrgrayaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2017, 12:14 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great stories, keep them coming please!
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:26 PM   #31

We met at the motorcycle races. Her brother and I both raced dirt bikes, and the track was on her parents' land. She came to watch her brother, and we met. She came to our club Christmas party a few weeks later, and I asked her out a few days later.

We now live in a house built on the land where we met.

45 years last August.
Old 10-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #32

Online local message board.
I was going through a divorce and asked for advice on how to handle things.
He was about to tell his wife he wanted a divorce.
We begin to compare notes and support each other online through our respective divorces.
He asked me to meet. I said yes. He asked where I wanted to go, and I said, "I know this is going to sound crazy, but how do you feel about old cemeteries?" He said he thought they were cool! So we meet at the very historic Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta.
From the minute I saw him, I knew this was going to be something like I'd never experienced before. He'll tell you the same thing about me.
We spent hours sitting on a rock wall in that cemetery just getting to know each other.

We've been married 8 years as of October 3rd. We were going to go to Aruba, just the 2 of us and get married but our respective kids through a fit! Said they weren't there for the first weddings, by God they were going to be there for the SECOND one! LOL
Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:53 AM   #33

We met at a BBQ at a Motorcycle Rally. She was invited by her brother who was/is a long term friend of mine. We rode Harleys for many years together locally as well as many biker trips to the NC mountains and Daytona Beach, FL.. I knew he had a younger sister but did not know he had another older sister. Both of which were married. As we were both married and somewhat unhappily we just talked mostly about her brother and the crazy things he does, not knowing that I was with him most of the crazy time. We were and are in the Insurance business and discussed her brothers insurance needs and decided to work on it together. Well, this led to many calls between us as we were about living 100 miles apart. This talk led to more favorable and less favorable talk as we were both basically unhappy in our marriages. We became friends within the next year or so, seeing each other occasionally at clubs and always with our spouses. My wife and I parted company through a rough and costly divorce within the next year. We quit talking for a period of time and I just moved into River Boat Racing and Harleys which took all my time on the weekends. One day sometime later I received a call from her and asked me to meet her for lunch half way between our homes. I accepted the offer. At the lunch meeting she told me that she was divorced. We dated for two years and married 16 years ago. I quit boat racing and Harleys since..We Camp now and enjoy each other and life...
JUS1MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:05 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
We met at a local hang-out, it was 1971 we were 18...I started dating his neighbor, and continued to do so for about a year. Many years went by, I married, he married, I divorced, he divorced....... We ran into one another at a friend's house, started dating and we wed in 1984.

Two unique things about our wedding. My great aunt, with whom I lived during my childhood, passed away the week of the wedding, her funeral was the morning we married. I know she was there.

And our wedding day was the first day of trout season. My stepdad is an avid fisherman...He left the church after the ceremony, went fishing and then came to the reception! LOL!!!!! Oh and at least 50% of the folks attending the wedding received parking tickets! Our reception was at the breast of a large reservoir....it was pouring rain, thundering and lightening! (We are in Johnstown, PA....home of many floods). And just for fun, the female lead singer took a break and returned with a boa constrictor around her neck.

With this type of a start how could we fail? LOL!!!
On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:09 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Met on the School Bus 55 years ago, been married 53 years now.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:15 PM   #36

We were in the marching band together in college. She was the one who could drive a stick (we needed a get away driver) and stuck around to bail me out after a college prank gone awry. We made plans to go to the Charlie Daniels concert on our way home from the Fort Worth lockup.

Hard to believe that was 20 years ago!
Old 11-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #37

We were both members of our local car club. The car club had a meet at a junkyard(junkyard had cars from the 1920s to the 1960s). Ended up meeting at the junkyard. He and I started talking and it went from there. March will be 10 years since we've met. December will be 3 years since we were officially married.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Met dw 36 years ago,, channel 13 ,,when cb radio was still popular
billgallivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:15 PM   #39

Met my wife at a stripper bar. She was one of the strippers..........

Just kidding...... We met at my son's school. She was one of the teachers. Pretty much fell for each other. We have a lot in common and enjoy each other company all the time. Which hasn't been the case in the past with ex's.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:45 PM   #40

We met in College when I was a ROTC Cadet doing instruction for Wilderness, Survival and Rappelling. She said it was something about the uniform, for me it was her determination and wiliness to succeed. Plus she like me in my uniform Married for 26 years.

I have since retired from the Army Reserves after 22 years and we are now waiting for me to retire from my current full time job and she is completing her teaching career this August. Light at the end of the tunnel!
Old 11-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #41
tcg

I was a sophomore in high school and just got my drivers license. A freind said he knew 2 chicks one of them was a junior, yea me. We got some liquor, picked them up, and went to the park.

We married a couple years out of school. Our daughter was born premature 6 months later. Hey, that's our story and we're sticking to it.

Our daughter never really did the math until high school, we had some splainin' to do.

We're going to Toronto next weekend to celebrate 33 years.

Nothing funny or interesting about our wedding other than we put it together in 3 weeks with 250 guests at 6 bucks a plate.

Contrast that with our daughter's wedding two years ago. They planned for over a year and it cost me a little more than 25 grand. Her wedding was a lot better than ours.

I just remembered, a few weeks before our wedding I was at the 1984 World Series in Detroit when the Tigers won the pennant (Google that if you want to see some crazy stuff, riots broke out, fires were set, police cars overturned). I fell off the top of a city bus and broke my ankle. They removed the cast a couple days before our wedding. That bus thing is reason 456 why I quit drinking 32 years ago.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:00 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Blind date set by friend of mine without asking me. Procrastinated for a week and went to the date under protest. 15 years later still very happy I went[emoji23][emoji120]
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote