Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #15

I ended up not buying it. Too many items that weren't revealed up front. Seat belts, needed generator, and heater. A few other small issues. The search continues!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2015, 02:09 PM   #16

That sounds like a smart decision. It's worth the time to look at a bunch of them and figure out what features are essential, nice to have, unnecessary, or undesirable. Best of luck with the search.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:22 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
My old 1979 Coachmen Class A had 2 point safety points on it and the mounts were on the floor for the cab it also had safety belts on the sofa and back in the table area. all around it . That area was taken out and a queen bed put in. But there was mounts into the walls for those 2 point belts and the floor in the cab for both fronts. There was no place for a 3 point system. Hope this helps. Not sure all class A's had them or not. Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:57 PM   #18

My 1983 GMC B+ class was imported from the USA with only lap belts up front...

Easy option for three point seat belts would be to install seats from a new pickup with them built into the seat....
thedjjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #19

Gulf Streamers Club
The original poster, LakeTahoe, reported in post #15 that he decided NOT to buy the RV. So all this continued talk about seat belt upgrades is moot.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:52 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjjack View Post
My 1983 GMC B+ class was imported from the USA with only lap belts up front...

Easy option for three point seat belts would be to install seats from a new pickup with them built into the seat....
Yeah you might have them on the seat but the upper anchor that would be on the pillar post of a pickup would not be there. Anchoring that to the mtorhome would require some engineering on how much force would be put on that upper anchor. Not worth the effort. I find that the idea of totally protecting oneself from accidents is the reason that every vehicle today is ridiculously overpriced. Mostly because juries in civil lawsuits think the plaintiffs hit the lottery when they sue. Case in point , the ridiculous suit against Chrysler where they awarded $150,000,000.00 to the family of a 4 year old boy that was killed in a rear end accident in a 1999 Jeep Cherokee. It was hit in the rear at speed by a Pickup truck and went on fire. The pickup owner that hit them in the rear was found to be 1% liable?????????? Chrysler 99%. These Jurors give out awards without thinking of the consequences, higher product cost, higher insurance for everyone, etc. Besides that, the Chrysler they sued was not even the builder/owner of that 1999 Jeep. What will we see next, Ford being sued for the person that gets killed when the drunken daughter of a bar owner in a leased Explorer runs them over, oh yeah that did happen already! They got 5 million from Ford Finance for leasing her the damn car! Take some individual responsibility, it is NOT Everyone elses fault! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote