Well, I messed around all day Saturday and did not get the chance to work on anything. Sunday, though, I worked on connecting the PEX which I had roughed in the prior week.
Lowes, being the awesome super store that it is, was out of all the useful pieces. I wanted to use all ABS push-fit, but they were out, so I ended up with 3 brass T’s and 2 ABS T’s. Turns out the brass ones are much nicer.
I also had to just generally hack some things together, good thing I got a few feet of “utility” hose. I tried to get a new check valve, but of course they were out of that as well.
After a few trips back and forth I filled the water tank, and tested things out… everything seemed to be going well but I couldn’t figure out why the pump kept running. I assumed it was just filling the water tank. I was wrong. Apparently, I inadvertently cut the wrong line in shower area and had a half inch line just shooting water out everywhere. I quickly patched that up with some rubber hose.
Next leaky spot was the water tank, I had loose fittings… got those tightened up, and everything was fine and dandy there.
Next leaky spot is the one way valve, it’s just cobbled together and generally awful, the new piece is coming.
Going to be gone a couple weeks , so this is the last update for a few weeks.
1974 Travco Dinosaur being put back together