Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #1

Hi,
First time poster and first time motorhome owner.
I am in the uk and impulse purchased a 1976 Dodge F30 based minnie winnie, its great and despite having replace every inch of wood lining and supports and full rewired i am now onto the mechanics.
I know nothing about American vehicles and so far my search on good old google has left me blank on any info relating to the Dodge F30 or the 360cu in engine? thats fitted.
I was a mechanic for over 10 years so have the skills but i do like to have good refernece materials and up front info where possible so any of you out there that have or have had one of these that can supply any info, tips, tricks i would realy like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance
sword70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #2

Hi,
First time poster and first time motorhome owner.
I am in the uk and impulse purchased a 1976 Dodge F30 based minnie winnie, its great and despite having replace every inch of wood lining and supports and full rewired i am now onto the mechanics.
I know nothing about American vehicles and so far my search on good old google has left me blank on any info relating to the Dodge F30 or the 360cu in engine? thats fitted.
I was a mechanic for over 10 years so have the skills but i do like to have good refernece materials and up front info where possible so any of you out there that have or have had one of these that can supply any info, tips, tricks i would realy like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-11-2006, 07:14 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Howdy

Welcome aboard iRV2. I'm not a dodge expert, but I'm sure there's someone here that can answer questions you have on your rig.

One suggestion I can make is to Google the term Mopar 360 and you'll get plenty of hits on your engine. There's plenty of hotrodders like the Chrylser/Mopar 360 motors and lots of information available on them.

Good luck with the motorhomeand keep us informed of your progress
Old 04-12-2006, 01:57 AM   #4

Thanks for the info and the welcome.
I have a head start now at least on the engine which is great as i know next to nothing about american engines.
Any idea if there would have been a workshop manual for the Dodge F30, i mainly would like this for torque settings and spec's of parts although not the end of the world if i cant get one.

One last thing, anybody out there know of an alternative engine that can be fitted directly to this preferably a diesel one, any info would be well appreciated.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:59 AM   #5

Sword70
Welcome aboard!
We used to have a class C motorhome on a 1978 Dodge MB300 chassis, bought the shop manual from Helm ( www.helminc.com ) and sold it [the manual] on ebay last year. The manual is for the vans and the cutaway chassis used for motorhomes. Check on ebay, you might get lucky and find one for your year vehicle.
I still have the 1973 edition shop manual which I bought for a previous van we had. You are welcome to have it for the cost of postage, if it will do you any good.
Good luck with your project,
Loren

Just checked Helm, and they don't carry Dodge manuals anymore. Maybe I bought directly from Chrysler?
Loren
Old 04-12-2006, 06:01 AM   #6

Hello sword70!

I saw a site called "DodgeTalk.com" that has a great deal of information including vintage models.

Good luck!
grumman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:04 PM   #7

Thanks for all the info, my knowledge is getting better every day now i have joined this forum.
Finaly one last coat of paint inside and she is nearly done, 30 year old electrics have been ripped out and re-wired just need to modernise the 12v system a bit and put it all back together.

Found 2 great suppliers of american parts in the UK and for a very reasonable £250 can now renew all the brakes and give the engine a **** good service, just hope i can get some fairly good mpg out of her now.